The Student Room Group

TSR Superhero Battle: Contestants, Assemble!

So for those of you who joined in with Movie Madness, the format of this should be pretty familiar. But this time around, it's face-off of superheroes :colone:

The full list of heroes/villains is below, with links to their bios. All you have to do is decide who you think will win each round, and submit your predictions in this thread. You can download the entry form below* - fill out your predictions, and the person who has scored the most points by the end of the competition will win a prize :gah:

There's gonna be 3 knock-out rounds before the Ultimate Showdown; the first round will have 64 entrants, the second 32, the third 8, and then the final will between the remaining four heroes.

I'll add my predictions attached too, as an example of how to fill it out. If anything is unclear though, just post a message here. All entries need to be posted by 24/08/15.

The Superheroes

The Contestants

Sixty-four heroes, one winner... and you get to decide who's victorious. Let the games begin! :colone:

*Credit to @Boobles for making it all colourful :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

IN :colone:

Will attach my predictions soon :woo:

Edit: I've doneee! I wanted to do it on gut feeling, so here's hoping (and hoping the attachment works) :tongue:

TSR Superhero Battle Predictions.xlsx
(edited 8 years ago)
Woo okay, my predictions are doned :colone:
Original post by shadowdweller
Woo okay, my predictions are doned :colone:

Ooh, ours are very different - this could be interesting :mmm:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Ooh, ours are very different - this could be interesting :mmm:

Hmm, the standard bet on this then? :colone:
The absence of Doctor Manhattan and Squirrel Girl immediately means this has failed :tongue: I'm going to say doctor Manhattan will win anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not got excel :beard:

Edit from Bubbles: We've managed to complete it - should be attached now :woo:

Black Rose Superhero Battle Predictions.xlsx
(edited 8 years ago)
That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did.

Spoiler

Original post by Black Rose
Not got excel :beard:

Noooo :frown: We can work this out! I can message you which ones and you can chose, I'll do the excel document for you and edit into your post? Sneaky, I know :colone:
How do you decide who wins each round?
Original post by Kholmes1
How do you decide who wins each round?

Have a look at mine or shadow's attached predictions for an example :smile:
Reply 11
I'm confused as to how this is working :s-smilie: do you mean that it will be 3 free for all's and a showdown or do you mean that there will be 3 series of one on one's as a knockout tournament with a showdown at the end and if the latter do we get to know what the initial fights will be?
Sorry. I mean like when the competition starts how do you choose which hero gets through to the next round.mormis it random?
Sorry. I mean like when the competition starts how do you choose which hero gets through to the next round.mormis it random?

Ohhh! There will be threads in the coming weeks where users can vote on polls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right then, done; Go team Nicholas Cage.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Ohhh! There will be threads in the coming weeks where users can vote on polls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you should choose the heroes which are more likely to be voted for?
Original post by shadowdweller

Are we assuming that the superheroes are in character and thus they would be inclined to hold-back, or all they all blood-lusted and fighting to the death?
done mine :smile:

hope my strategy works :smile:
Looking forward to this :tongue:
So you should choose the heroes which are more likely to be voted for?

Yeah, don't try an overthink it or it'll take hours - just go with whatever. It is all dependent on who votes on the day :excited:

Quick Reply

Latest