The Student Room Group

Photography A-level without GCSE

So I really like taking photos and loads of people have said that I am really good at it. My school doesn't offer it for GCSE and so I haven't taken it although the college that I am thinking about going to does. Would I be able to do it? And what does the course consist of?
You should definately be able to take it at college without the GCSE. It's probably recommended to take Art GCSE, but I doubt it's a requirement. If it is, a portfolio of some photos would be sufficient I'd expect. Not sure what it consists of, I'll leave that for someone else. Though you can check different exam boards' specifications on their sites.
Reply 2
My friend is doing AS photography and she didn't do GSCE photography - so I don't see why not :smile:
Reply 3
yeah that will be fine. Find a passion with the sketchbook work and that will make it more enjoyable.
I did photography gcse and cert but I don’t have a c in maths and English do you think I still can do photography??
I'm currently doing photography AS-level right now and I didn't GCSE , best decision I've made , I've been killing it throughout this year and loving it.
Original post by x-strawberry-x
So I really like taking photos and loads of people have said that I am really good at it. My school doesn't offer it for GCSE and so I haven't taken it although the college that I am thinking about going to does. Would I be able to do it? And what does the course consist of?

Quick Reply

Latest