The Student Room Group

Photography or Psychology?

I want to switch psychology a level for photography but I'm not sure if it's the right choice. I'm thinking of doing law in the future but I'm not 100% certain and I love photography but I wouldn't persue it as a career because everyone in the field is a broke artist. I do english literature and RS too so I guess that could help if I end up deciding on law. Psychology is interesting but I got a C on my first exam and things have just been getting harder since then. I have no motivation to study for psychology unlike my other 2 subjects so I'm afraid I won't do well since I don't genuinely love it. However I love photography, I took it at gcse and got a 9 and I was so committed I'd pull all nighters without hesitation to finish my work. Although I'm more likely to do better in photography, I fear it is a useless a level that is just a waste of my time, what should I choose?
Don't think I'd characterize such photographers as e.g. Annie Leibovitz as "starving artists". I think there's just a lot more variability in how successful people are and wider gap between early career earnings and late career earnings for those who are successful.

In any case law degrees aren't really fussed about what subjects you take and mainly care about grades. The very few universities who may have a concern about A-level Photography being one of your subjects (and it's normally not an issue if at least two of your subjects are traditionally academic, which they are) would equally be completely ruled out if you got a C anyway.

Would you be able to switch to photography at this point in the academic year and still complete the course in the normal timeframe alongside your other A-levels though?
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Don't think I'd characterize such photographers as e.g. Annie Leibovitz as "starving artists". I think there's just a lot more variability in how successful people are and wider gap between early career earnings and late career earnings for those who are successful.

In any case law degrees aren't really fussed about what subjects you take and mainly care about grades. The very few universities who may have a concern about A-level Photography being one of your subjects (and it's normally not an issue if at least two of your subjects are traditionally academic, which they are) would equally be completely ruled out if you got a C anyway.

Would you be able to switch to photography at this point in the academic year and still complete the course in the normal timeframe alongside your other A-levels though?

Yess I would. The students haven't started the course yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending