Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Econ7

Original post by Econ7
Economics L100 guaranteed rejection.... :frown:

what are your predicted grades? your applying to pretty much the same uni's as me for the same course!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by alexx :)
Yeah, we have a small class but I'm not the only one because we all discuss the maths together and if I don't understand, which can be quite often, I just ask them and we go over it together. :smile:

That's nice :h:
Did you do the maths challenge today? I'm so bad at those, haven't gotten anything since year 8 and that was only a bronze :p:
Original post by i.love.heroes
what are your predicted grades? your applying to pretty much the same uni's as me for the same course!

Can I ask what your GCSE/AS-level grades are, as well as your predicted grades for A2?
I haven't received an acknowledgement from Warwick yet. My application was sent on the 20th of October. When is thea earliest I can contact them without sounding too...pushy.
Reply 644
Original post by sneakerologist
I haven't received an acknowledgement from Warwick yet. My application was sent on the 20th of October. When is thea earliest I can contact them without sounding too...pushy.

Don't fret too much - it took me two to three weeks to receive acknowledgement from Warwick again. :smile: Relax
Reply 645
Original post by Jing_jing
That's nice :h:
Did you do the maths challenge today? I'm so bad at those, haven't gotten anything since year 8 and that was only a bronze :p:

Since we were off school this week we did it last Thursday and put 04/11 in as the date! So I'd assume it's the same maths challenge and I could have told you the answers before.. if I knew them! I didn't like it either. Usually the first question is so easy and I didn't even know how to do it.

I got a gold at intermediate but I have no idea how! Definitely don't think I got another gold this time round. I hate it, the questions make me so frustrated!
Since we were off school this week we did it last Thursday and put 04/11 in as the date! So I'd assume it's the same maths challenge and I could have told you the answers before.. if I knew them! I didn't like it either. Usually the first question is so easy and I didn't even know how to do it.

I got a gold at intermediate but I have no idea how! Definitely don't think I got another gold this time round. I hate it, the questions make me so frustrated!

Dayum, I should have PMed you for the answers :p:
Was your first question on a little mini sodoku? Didn't do too badly this year, just got marks back and only got 2 wrong which is a vast improvement on last year in which I didn't qualify even for bronze :biggrin:
Aaah, wish we were still on half term! *jealous*
Reply 647
H200 Civil and Structual Engineering offer!!!

AAB! Which is my lowest lol.
Reply 648
Original post by i.love.heroes

A* - Maths
A* - Economics
A - Greek
a - AS Further maths

But I got 2A* 6A 2B at GCSE.
Reply 649
sorry wrong thread :frown:
Reply 650
Just got an offer from Warwick! :biggrin:
Comp Sci - AAA
Reply 651
Original post by Corko93
Just got an offer from Warwick! :biggrin:
Comp Sci - AAA

Same, just received it. AAA, with A in maths.
Reply 652
Original post by sneakerologist

check in your junk mail! mine was sent on the 20th too, then i checked my junk mail the other day and they send it about 2 or 3 weeks ago :tongue:
Original post by Focus08
Nice, now you don't have to go to those other **** universities

Birmingham? :lolwut:
Those who have received an offer, have you been sent a letter or an email?
My Track has updated to show the conditional offer, but I've heard nothing from Warwick yet :/
Original post by Van_der_Waals
Those who have received an offer, have you been sent a letter or an email?
My Track has updated to show the conditional offer, but I've heard nothing from Warwick yet :/

Yep..i recived an email from warwick on wednesday confirming my offer and its conditions(its not for physics).Good luck:smile:
Original post by goodboy4444
Yep..i recived an email from warwick on wednesday confirming my offer and its conditions(its not for physics).Good luck:smile:

Thanks, I should think I'm being much too impatient :p: Good luck to you too :biggrin:
I'm applying for English and French, AAA.
Eeek!
I submitted my application on November 2nd.
I'm predicted AAA.
Reply 658
Original post by Jing_jing
Dayum, I should have PMed you for the answers :p:
Was your first question on a little mini sodoku? Didn't do too badly this year, just got marks back and only got 2 wrong which is a vast improvement on last year in which I didn't qualify even for bronze :biggrin:
Aaah, wish we were still on half term! *jealous*

I'm not sure if we did the same one because I don't think that my question but I'm not sure, can't really remember!
I'm not sure if we did the same one because I don't think that my question but I'm not sure, can't really remember!

Aaah fair enough, I really want something this year purely because it's my last one!

Quick Reply

Latest