The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Politics.. :lol: (please don't hate me.. I'm going to be one of those cool ones! :tongue:)

Yay a Politics applicant. When I first saw this I was panicking as I'm applying for Politics too but then I saw you had already done your A2's. Congrats man :smile:.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
similar question for people who have applied for geography and politics
i applied exactly one week ago for international relations and still havent received my acknowledgment email from QMUL. Should I start panicking? it was supposed to be one of my "safe options". Anyone from IR received any offers yet?
Reply 263
i will be applying for computer science inshalah
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Yaaay! I know everyone I've told so far that I'm hoping to read/study politics really seems to get their knickers into a twist.. I think it's the 'in-thing' to hate politicians and bankers at the moment. :wink:

Ooh. Law. Law was something I was considering. But it seemed really long winded with all the further training etc. :eek: But there's loads of money in it for the right person. :biggrin:

I've also applied to Oxford, Durham, Bristol and Warwick. :colondollar:

Well i didn't actually think about that.. but I guess it's because i secretly wished I had done politics at A level :P

What a nice array of universities you have there :P Unfortunately.. mine aren't so high up: York, Leeds, UEA and Sussex.
York and Queen Mary I just love though!
Applying for Geography with Business Management! Really hope I can get an offer! :smile:
Reply 266
Original post by alwaysanigel247
similar question for people who have applied for geography and politics

Have an interview on the 1st of December for Geography :smile:
Reply 267
Original post by whatsmyage
i applied exactly one week ago for international relations and still havent received my acknowledgment email from QMUL. Should I start panicking? it was supposed to be one of my "safe options". Anyone from IR received any offers yet?

I wouldn't worry whatsoever, I waited 6 weeks until I received an acknowledgement letter which says they aim to make a decision within 6-8 weeks, then 3 days later got an interview :smile:
Hey guys! Anyone got an offer for any physics courses? Iv got an interview and i was wondering does that mean im a strong applicant (all the potential physicists get interviews perhaps?) or maybe im one that they havent made up there mind on (if loads have already got interviews, i guess im a borderline applicant). Predicted A* A* A, and only need BBB for the course. So, anyone got offers for any physics degrees, if not, whos going to be at the interviews on the 17th? Thanks!
Isaac @ Stessed.Uni.Applicant.Com
Original post by SayNoMore
Kings College
Manchester
Bristol
Westminster
..but the courses are varied :/

what about you :smile: ?

i'm glad i'm not the only one without an acknowledgement :smile:

applications wise; Keele, Royal Holloway, Hertfordshire, Aston

i really want to go to QMUL though! have you visited the departments?
Reply 270
Applied for English :rolleyes:
Reply 271
Original post by mir3a
anyone applying for maths, or a joint maths degree such as maths with statistics?

Me! Applied for just Maths, the G100 course :smile: ...x
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by niddlez
I applied for Film Studies! I think we may have a long wait ahead of us lol. Good luck to both of you :biggrin:

Hello! :biggrin:

A long wait indeed and best of luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 273
I've applied for Maths G100, and my application got sent off from school on Monday 8th Nov and I got an e-mail about acknowldgement on the 10th... Loads seem to have Maths offers already but I don't :frown:... Am I likely to not get accepted? Bad times I love QM!! ...x
Reply 274
Original post by __xSB
I've applied for Maths G100, and my application got sent off from school on Monday 8th Nov and I got an e-mail about acknowldgement on the 10th... Loads seem to have Maths offers already but I don't :frown:... Am I likely to not get accepted? Bad times I love QM!! ...x

As a rule of thumb, the amount of time that it takes for a Uni to get back to you is not an indication of a concrete decision either way.
Reply 275
Original post by tommy1311
As a rule of thumb, the amount of time that it takes for a Uni to get back to you is not an indication of a concrete decision either way.

Oh I wasn't sure just cause loads of people seem to have offers for Maths :smile:...x
I should really get mine sent off.
Reply 277
Original post by noble123
are you sure Queen Mary offer that course? nothing on ucas about that

hahaha I meant to put business management, I've applied for Business with marketing elsewhere.
Reply 278
i applied to queen mary for french and german.
also applied to ucl, kings, westminster and surrey.
i have conditonal offers from westminster and surrey, but seeing as i'm really insecure about getting the grades for kings or ucl i dont know what to have as my insurance..
i would really love to go to queen mary but is kings better for languages? or does it just have a better reputation for being one of the top unis in london in general?
Help please :smile:
Reply 279
Original post by __xSB
Oh I wasn't sure just cause loads of people seem to have offers for Maths :smile:...x

Don't worry! :smile: There will be plenty of people getting offers WAY after others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending