I got 7786666655
A*A*A predicted grades
Ucat score of 3020
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Idontknow28
I got 7786666655
A*A*A predicted grades
Ucat score of 3020

Do your research on both of the universities, take into consideration the facilities, student life, distance/accommodating factors if there’ll be any as well as the course prospectus and how it’s taught within Kings/Queen as well as reviews, see if there’s upcoming open days and then therefore take your decision based on that.
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
Do your research on both of the universities, take into consideration the facilities, student life, distance/accommodating factors if there’ll be any as well as the course prospectus and how it’s taught within Kings/Queen as well as reviews, see if there’s upcoming open days and then therefore take your decision based on that.

I feel like my gcse are going to let me down for applying
I feel like my gcse are going to let me down for applying

You’ve always got clearing as an option…maybe speak to a representative of these unis and see what they say.
I got 7786666655
A*A*A predicted grades
Ucat score of 3020

Hi there, moved your thread over to the Medicine forum so you can get better replies :smile:

I'm afraid I don't really know how things work GCSE-wise for any medical school, but I know Queen Mary/Barts & the London is very UCAT-heavy and that is a very good UCAT score, so you'd have that going for Barts.

However this is all kind of a moot point because if you haven't applied for 2024 entry, then the deadline was on October 2023... if you want to apply to 2025 entry, then you'll have to retake UCAT since last year's score won't be valid for 2025 entry. I don't think any university will consider your application until clearing opens.

@Mohammed_80 suggests clearing, which may or may not be a possibility. Medical schools going into clearing is a relatively recent thing, with exceedingly little places in clearing, making it an unrealistic option. Last year there was a big spike in clearing places though. King's was in clearing, although that was probably more a result of them getting less applicants than usual due to their appalling treatment of Medicine applicants in May 2022 more than anything else. But I digress. Whether if there will be a reasonable number of spots in clearing this year remains to be seen - last year might have been a one-off, still reeling from the covid effects, or it might be a new pattern. Who knows. Time will tell, but I wouldn't count on it. Also worth noting that clearing spots are often open only to people who already had interviews but were rejected.
Reply 5
Coz of ur GCSEs I'd probably opt for QMUL over Kings. Kings uses GCSEs when scoring/ranking applicants, QMUL doesn't really
Reply 6
I got 7786666655
A*A*A predicted grades
Ucat score of 3020

As established in your other thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7440371&p=99117523&page=1#post99117523
you don't actually have a UCAT score yet, so nobody can advise you except to say Kings is not likely to shortlist you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending