The Student Room Group

Wearing this to a house party?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bubbles0ox
nah..
i prefer the
rugby playing, danny care looking, polo shirt wearing boy.

lol... so playing Rugby is attractive to you? :wink: well each to his/her own I say.
Reply 41
why post and ask for our opinions if, when 98% of people say 'no tie!' you say 'I really do like the tie, it goes well y'know?' i mean, it's your clothes and your body sure, but why bother asking for our opinion when you clearly aren't listening to what people are saying??

if it makes the damned bit of difference - no tie.
Original post by F i s
lol... so playing Rugby is attractive to you? :wink: well each to his/her own I say.

:O
are you suggesting it shouldnt be?

:sexface: i suggest you look at this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28388223&highlight=really%20attracted%20to%20rugby%20players
Reply 43
Yeah i mean, what would possess someone to wear a tie to a house party, or any informal gathering?

I can't really see the girls going wild over the outfit, but it's decent.
Reply 44

I looked at first pic then realised, I'm not gay.
Original post by F i s
I looked at first pic then realised, I'm not gay.

HAHA
actually made me laugh :biggrin:
fair play, fair play :smile:
If it's a shirt insert I'm pretty sure it's impossible to wear a tie with it.
I personally think that the outfit you've chosen is verrrry nice, I don't like the other suggestions much to be honest. If I were you I'd go for what you wanted to wear originally :smile:
Reply 48
rank jumper, and shirt "insets" are so gay
Original post by robtastic
rank jumper, and shirt "insets" are so gay

Yeh but gay is the new straight.
Original post by F i s
easy as in, the cook "look" is quite common. especially around council estates.

Haha, nice one.
Reply 52
Original post by Law123mus
Nah I bought one of these once, and it made me feel so uncomfortable. Too much exposure of the neck and upper back made me feel slightly exposed. Like if in the off chance that vampires are real, then this was like an invitation to suck on my neck.

Agreed.
Reply 54

The first one is horrible, the second one looks pretty much the same as mine?
Why dont you just get a shirt and a jumper instead of a silly all in one thing?
Reply 56
Original post by Part A
The first one is horrible, the second one looks pretty much the same as mine?

Read the review for the first one :holmes:

Both looked like something you would like. The purple one looks a lot better than the grey one in my opinion, I just wanted to give you a bit more choice as I thought the black one wasn't that flattering either. You got enough time to try them all out in store, just check which one suits you the most and go with your instinct.
Does the top button do up? If not, wearing a tie will look stupid.

As it is a 'shirt insert' the tie will be hanging over the front which will simply look ridiculous, as I don't know anyone who wears their tie OVER their jumper.

I understand you want to make an impression and make an effort but a shirt on its own ( +tie) will do. Plus it'll be warm inside the house presumably.
Reply 58
Pre-layered clothing is my pet peeve, don't do it. Wearing a tie with it would look awful as it would hang out and well you know.
On the other hand if I see one more boy with a neckline as low as the one suggested I will rip out their collar bone and stab them repeatedly with it. You are not Nick Grimshaw and if he is your style icon, you really aren't going anywhere in life.

Quick Reply

Latest