The Student Room Group

AQA AS French January 2011!

Hi, I'm resitting my AS French this January and I am SO worried about the essay!!! does any one have any ideas, or speculation on any of the essay questions that may come up? or any past essay questions I can look at and do? thank you so much in advance!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HarrietThompson
Hi, I'm resitting my AS French this January and I am SO worried about the essay!!! does any one have any ideas, or speculation on any of the essay questions that may come up? or any past essay questions I can look at and do? thank you so much in advance!!!

Try to prepare as many topics from the spec as u can.Do lots of past papers without notes,learn staring sentences.
I did
Edexcel,here are some of my notes.
Reply 2
Anyone got the answers? How did u find it? I thought the listening was quite hard :/
Reply 3
Thought it went quite well, did the stress question think I got a lot of content, the reading was ok but found it hard wether to know if it was F or ND on the smoking shop one. Listening was ok bit tricky though :smile:
Reply 4
I just did this aswell and i'm so relieved it's over.
Mucked up time my management in the essay however i think i got more context marks than last year... (i did the stress question too).
The listening was difficult :\ so glad you get to listen to it more than once.
With the smoking question i had the same dilemma "ND" or "F".
I said with the "he smokes 20 cigarettes a day" was ND... cause it didn't tell you anything about his smoking habits. Atleast i don't think it did... :\
And the fill in the blanks with the letters about fashion... Blimey :| Did anyone else find that ridiculous or was it just me? aha.

Hope everyone did well :smile: x
Reply 5
Ahh yer the fashion one was hard I tried to look at masc or fem endings too see which I could eliminate. An yer I put ND for that too! I thought the talent show bit was quite good though :smile: happy with that bit. On the listening fast food did yours go in like a pattern? Like SSSNNLL or something like that :tongue:
I, too, found the fashion one hard! And for that smoking one, I put F, because later on it said about one of those things being the equivalent to 20 cigarettes...but thinking about it, it didn't even say about him having one of those a day or whatever it was, so oh dear :frown: So annoyed with the essay questions! I memorised two, and none of them were relevant to them :frown: but I tried to feed in some of them anyway. Listening was...ok? You know the question whereby we had to put letters for their personalities, and the last one was about her 'perfect' child or something - what did anyone put? I found that one really hard?!
Reply 7
About the perfect child, I put for the 1st one travail scolaire and les loisirs. Was confident on that but not for the other two where by you put the personality of the parent/speaker. What did u get? I found the paparazzi question hard on the lsitening and the fashion one the the reading - I just tried to work it out from the grammar agreements :P Can peeps remember what they got?
Reply 8
Yer the perfect child was hard I put......

Heureux
Bilingual ( sounds stupid but I think I heard something bout languages haha )
Can't remember the last one lol.....
Wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by ewarthannah
Yer the perfect child was hard I put......

Heureux
Bilingual ( sounds stupid but I think I heard something bout languages haha )
Can't remember the last one lol.....
Wbu?

i think i'm thinking of the wrong question... i remember putting school work and leisures for one question.
Reply 10
I think that this exam was definately easier than the june one!
though, the questions for the writing section were a bit repetitive!
i didn't prepare myself well for these topics since there were similar in the other paper.
but luckily had enough to write about the cinema question (:

didn't have time to proof read it :frown:

goood luck to all :biggrin:
Yeah, I put that too - so...A, E for the first one, A, E for the second one, and A,C,D for the last one. But I literally guessed the last one because I found it too hard! I just tried to use common sense haha! :/ Yeah, I did that too, tried working them out from the endings of the words around them etc.! Oh yeah, and the pap one was hard! This really isn't looking too good haha!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Yeah, school work and leisures was the 1st part to the questions about the perfect child. But I think I messed up the questions after that lol! I really wanna see an unoffical mark scheme :/
Reply 13
Original post by bkyern
I think that this exam was definately easier than the june one!
though, the questions for the writing section were a bit repetitive!
i didn't prepare myself well for these topics since there were similar in the other paper.
but luckily had enough to write about the cinema question (:

didn't have time to proof read it :frown:

goood luck to all :biggrin:

Yh I didn't have a lot of time which is weird because with the practices I had loads of time left to spare for checking! Which is why I am doubting myself because I didnt have a lot of time to go back and check to reassure myself :P Really need an A in this aswell! EEEK!
i thought it was easier than June definatley... but some questions i think they made to cactch people out like the fashion one with the endings..
<i wish someone would post some answers :P>
Reply 15
On the paparazzi question, it asked what does a celebrity think about the paparazzi. It put 'c'est intolerable'. What did others get? :/
Reply 16
Ok, your not allowed to talk about EdExcel exams until 4:30am the next day, so I will see you guys then :P
That's what I put! I think it said something else, but meant the same thing...I saw it used 'intolerable' in the next question, so just used that word instead! Do you get marks if you use a different word than what is said, but it means the same thing?
Original post by isrox08

Original post by isrox08
Ok, your not allowed to talk about EdExcel exams until 4:30am the next day, so I will see you guys then :P

This was AQA?
Reply 19
Original post by ewarthannah
Thought it went quite well, did the stress question think I got a lot of content, the reading was ok but found it hard wether to know if it was F or ND on the smoking shop one. Listening was ok bit tricky though :smile:

What kind of content did people put down for the stress essay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending