The Student Room Group
Original post by bijesh12
I hate practicals, particularly setting them up, any1 done the specific heat capacity one, and what do you think will be the experiment itself?

I have this next week!

Have you done it yet? I've done the quantitative and evaluative, if you haven't done them we cap share tips :P
Reply 2
Original post by Knight of Cydonia
I have this next week!

Have you done it yet? I've done the quantitative and evaluative, if you haven't done them we cap share tips :P

i've done the qualitative 1, basically the 1 i posted the thread about, its much easier than i thought. You just gt a 100g mass, and you put that in cold water, and boiling water, measure the temperature change. It's very clear, just make sure you know you're doing calculations in Kelvin, and read it properly. and you only do 1 repitition.
Original post by bijesh12
i've done the qualitative 1, basically the 1 i posted the thread about, its much easier than i thought. You just gt a 100g mass, and you put that in cold water, and boiling water, measure the temperature change. It's very clear, just make sure you know you're doing calculations in Kelvin, and read it properly. and you only do 1 repitition.

Awesome, we've done a practical a bit like that already. What are the questions like? :P

If you need help with the quantitative about young modulus, just ask me :biggrin:
Reply 4
Awesome, we've done a practical a bit like that already. What are the questions like? :P

If you need help with the quantitative about young modulus, just ask me :biggrin:

What type of question did they ask you in the evaluative isa?
Original post by CapsLocke
What type of question did they ask you in the evaluative isa?

Percentage error of the measuring equipment, and then they gave you the actual value of the young modulus and you found the percentage difference between an experimental and the actual value.

Then you were asked about for 5 marks problems with the experiment and how you would improve them.

hope that helps.
Reply 6
Percentage error of the measuring equipment, and then they gave you the actual value of the young modulus and you found the percentage difference between an experimental and the actual value.

Then you were asked about for 5 marks problems with the experiment and how you would improve them.

hope that helps.

Thanks, have this tomorrow, I generally do bad on ISA's for some daft reason
Original post by CapsLocke
Thanks, have this tomorrow, I generally do bad on ISA's for some daft reason

Same, well last year :P

Think of 3 problems and then 3 improvements to those problems tonight. Then write about those. Thats what I did :P
Reply 8

Same, well last year :P

Think of 3 problems and then 3 improvements to those problems tonight. Then write about those. Thats what I did :P

It was an easy exam really, so easy I made a calculator based error on the very first question when calculating % uncertainty ie i done 0.66-0.65 but stupidly didnt divide it by 0.66. Do you think I can get ecf for the next mark?
Reply 9

What were the questions about Young Modulus in the Quantitative task?

Latest

Trending

Trending