The Student Room Group

Alevel practical endorsement

For practicals In the textbooks they have specific numbers allocated for different practicals do I need to remember those and use those exact values in my practical endorsements, is it that when I do my practical endorsement the examiner who is testing my understanding on how to carry out the experiment will give me the values for the task needed to perform the practical endorsement? I am doing alevels independently so I would love to know how the procedure is for the practical endorsement as I have emailed so many teachers but no one seems to be responding, was hoping you could help me know what is to be expected for the practical endorsement please, as do I need to know the measurements of stuff needed for the practical, e.g. if I read in a textbook that I need 0.5mol of sodium solution, would I need to remember that 0.5mols for my practical exam experiment?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I teach OCR and we don't run the Practical endorsment practicals as exams to be tested. Students follow the instructions given, collect results and then write it up as normal lessons. If they don't go properly, it doesn't matter as they are designed to be a learning experience rather than a test.

The exam board want to see that you had a good go at practising and understanding the skill areas involved.
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
I teach OCR and we don't run the Practical endorsment practicals as exams to be tested. Students follow the instructions given, collect results and then write it up as normal lessons. If they don't go properly, it doesn't matter as they are designed to be a learning experience rather than a test.

The exam board want to see that you had a good go at practising and understanding the skill areas involved.

Thank you so much this was so helpful do you by any chance do A-level physics OCR A, I’m not sure what I am meant to do for the OCR A how science works report I’m an independent learner and the spec isn’t making much sense to me
Sorry, I teach the Biology and our physics team do a different board
Reply 5
Sorry, I teach the Biology and our physics team do a different board

Thank you for replying and all of your help I know how to tackle my exams much much better!
Reply 6

For ocr a Biology PAG 12 is a research practical could you please tell me what that entails as I have heard to research a topic outside of the spec but another teacher told me to research one of the three given topics on the spec, and when I have the topic or get given it how would I research it would I bring my own resources like a textbook into the lab and write it in a book or online?

Quick Reply

Latest