The Student Room Group

Is it fair to pay millions in taxes to the Royal family?

Poll

Is it fair to pay millions in taxes to the Royal family?

Why should we give them millions every year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Queen is Supreme Governor of the church, by proxy I'm sure she owns your soul.

Eternal damnation or taxes... or both. Pick one.
Of course it is unfair and whoever says yes is idiot. :smile:
Reply 3
Charles says:"Thank you for the money.Who cares if you must pay 700£ a month for university fees lol"
Reply 4
because its like 50p per person or something dumb and the queen brings far more in for tourism. is it fair to pay millions in taxes to poor people?
Reply 5
Original post by toofaforu
because its like 50p per person or something dumb and the queen brings far more in for tourism. is it fair to pay millions in taxes to poor people?

It's more than 70 million every year to Charles.Tourists would still come and we could use the money for lower students' fees
They attract more than that through tourism. So yes.
Reply 7
is it fair that we are swamped with these threads like once a day? USE THE ****ING SEARCH FUNCTION YOU TWTS!!!!!!

And secondly, yes it is fair. The 57p that each person in this country donates to them is more than returned to the country in tourism, and the head of state works that they do.

Most of the republicians are just jealous tbh.
Yes. They cost about 66p a year to use, per person. That's nothing. And they bring in so much more through tourism than what they cost in taxes anyway.

Most people are merely jealous about them when these sorts of threads appear (which they have been doing a lot recently) :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Pitch

Stop making anti-monarchy threads, grow up and **** off.
Reply 10
It probably isn't fair.. but what will you do?
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Yes. They cost about 66p a year to use, per person. That's nothing. And they bring in so much more through tourism than what they cost in taxes anyway.

Most people are merely jealous about them when these sorts of threads appear (which they have been doing a lot recently) :wink:

Lool, I love that, it makes it sound like I could hire the queen out to make balloon animals at a child's birthday party.
Reply 12
Original post by 4TSR
Stop making anti-monarchy threads, grow up and **** off.

Shut up and pay 750£ a month for fees.And if you don't have the money,ask Charles lol
Reply 13
Original post by barrze
It probably isn't fair.. but what will you do?

If enough people agreed with me,we could make a referendum
Original post by Pitch

Reply 15
Original post by Kiwiguy
is it fair that we are swamped with these threads like once a day? USE THE ****ING SEARCH FUNCTION YOU TWTS!!!!!!

And secondly, yes it is fair. The 57p that each person in this country donates to them is more than returned to the country in tourism, and the head of state works that they do.

Most of the republicians are just jealous tbh.

Tourists would still come,or you're so dumb to think tourists come and see Charles in person?
Reply 16
Original post by Pitch
Shut up and pay 750£ a month for fees.And if you don't have the money,ask Charles lol

No dumbass, if I don't have the money, I'll take out a loan which I pay back if I am making over 21K. You're just a hater he is living it up :yep:
Reply 17
Instead of directing your angsty hate toward a British institution, why not aim at a legitimate embaressment? Like the Foreign Aid budget, or yourself?
Reply 18
Original post by 4TSR
No dumbass, if I don't have the money, I'll take out a loan which I pay back if I am making over 21K. You're just a hater he is living it up :yep:

Dumb ass,you'll still have to pay it back.And there could be even more cuts,so are you against the monarchy only when you'll be without money?
Reply 19
Original post by Pitch
Tourists would still come,or you're so dumb to think tourists come and see Charles in person?

Im so dumb I know how form sentence structures without ranting, and just spamming threads of nothing more than jealous rants.

And visiting buckingham palace/windsor gardens etc is the main income of tourism revenue, not to mention that is brought in from offical state responsibilities. Now grow up, stop spamming threads, and get over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending