The Student Room Group

I’m Renting A Room But Being Charged Full Council Tax

Hi;

I just want to ask but is it possible my landlord made a mistake on something before I talk to them tomorrow.

So, I’m starting a course this year and am due to pay council tax which is fair enough until my course starts, but I’m paying the council tax for the full property despite me living with 4 other housemates.

Is it possible my landlord forgot to tell the council that it is a multiple occupancy house or is this normal as they’re all going into their final years and I’m just starting my MSc?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi;

I just want to ask but is it possible my landlord made a mistake on something before I talk to them tomorrow.

So, I’m starting a course this year and am due to pay council tax which is fair enough until my course starts, but I’m paying the council tax for the full property despite me living with 4 other housemates.

Is it possible my landlord forgot to tell the council that it is a multiple occupancy house or is this normal as they’re all going into their final years and I’m just starting my MSc?

Do you know if the other 4 are paying any council tax ? I don't think it should be you only and it might be a mistake?
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
Do you know if the other 4 are paying any council tax ? I don't think it should be you only and it might be a mistake?

No because they've gone from their second year into their final year, meaning they are continuing students and as such, don't pay council tax.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending