The Student Room Group

Couple accommodation

Hi all!
Just a quick question because it’s really hard to tell online. My boyfriend and me want to live in a place after my second year. He is not a student and would have just finished his course by that time. Could I still go for like private student accommodation or is there any private student accommodation that might allow him to also stay with the price being the same? Or am I better just getting a normal flat with him?
Original post by sodhis16
Hi all!
Just a quick question because it’s really hard to tell online. My boyfriend and me want to live in a place after my second year. He is not a student and would have just finished his course by that time. Could I still go for like private student accommodation or is there any private student accommodation that might allow him to also stay with the price being the same? Or am I better just getting a normal flat with him?

Hi there,

Yes, many universities offer accommodation for couples and families. It usually is quite limited though so it's worth contacting your accommodation office asap to find out about the options available.
Reply 2
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi there,

Yes, many universities offer accommodation for couples and families. It usually is quite limited though so it's worth contacting your accommodation office asap to find out about the options available.

Thank you so much! This helps a million :smile:
Original post by sodhis16
Hi all!

Hi there,
I'd reiterate what the other poster has said! Many universities and student accommodation providers will offer accommodation for couples. However, some will insist that both residents must be students. Price wise, sometimes this is per person however, sometimes you can get dual occupancy at no extra cost (we do that but both people must be students). So I'd highly recommend contacting any accommodation that you're interested in and check what their policy is.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Just to add to the above comments, a lot of the time it will also be down to paying council tax as your partner would not be a registered student. So if you do go private makes sure you take this into consideration :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending