The Student Room Group

is it immoral to not like children?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kerny
Your parent(s)/guardian(s) put up with your crap when you were a toddler. Now you might not want kids, but hostility towards them is unnecessary.

How so?
I like kids, they're hilarious! I did work experience in a primary school and I was in a class of reception kids and some of the things they came out with... XD but older than that and they can be little ****s.
Reply 42
Original post by rajandkwameali
But you don't know them, nor have to care for them. So why is it an issue?

I do know them- they are on my school bus. They go to my school, they live in my town, they went to my primary school, I know their parents.
And I care about everyone, regardless of whether I know them or not.

If I see a guy fall over in the street I don't ignore him because I don't live nextdoor...
Original post by Captain92
I do know them- they are on my school bus. They go to my school, they live in my town, they went to my primary school, I know their parents.
And I care about everyone, regardless of whether I know them or not.

If I see a guy fall over in the street I don't ignore him because I don't live nextdoor...

If I saw a guy fall over in the street, I would help, but it would depend on the type of guy it was.

I think if people don't know each other, then there is no connection.
Reply 44
its not immoral, some of them are little bastards

and I'm a teacher
Reply 45
If I saw a guy fall over in the street, I would help, but it would depend on the type of guy it was.

I think if people don't know each other, then there is no connection.

Well I'd behave differently if my boyfriend fell over than a randomer yeah, but I'd like to think I'd still help :tongue:
Reply 46
I don't dislike kids per se, but I do dislike parents who a) think the world revolves around them because they've got kids or b) continually bleat on and on about their kids and expect everybody else to rally round and be interested (Facebook profile pic is a photo of the two young sons; taking days off work because of the kids and expecting everybody else to pick up the slack etc.)

At this point, I genuinely don't know if I would ever want to have children. I tend to think it would be rough going, but then again, what would I do with my life otherwise? It would surely feel very empty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Do you like children? If so, how do you view those who do not?

To be honest i do and i don't. I mean children about the age of from about 2-5 i can't stand. especially if i'm out eating a meal and someone brings in a gurgling baby full of germs. ARGHHH. but those above 5 i like. the answer to you question is no. it is not immoral:smile::wink:
Reply 48
Original post by ch0llima
I don't dislike kids per se, but I do dislike parents who a) think the world revolves around them because they've got kids or b) continually bleat on and on about their kids and expect everybody else to rally round and be interested (Facebook profile pic is a photo of the two young sons etc.)

At this point, I genuinely don't know if I would ever want to have children. I tend to think it would be rough going, but then again, what would I do with my life otherwise? It would surely feel very empty.

Most of those parents act like their bitchy kids tbh, so it's no surprise where kids get their bitchiness from
Original post by Captain92
Well I'd behave differently if my boyfriend fell over than a randomer yeah, but I'd like to think I'd still help :tongue:

why?
Original post by $tar£reaker
I like them from newborn to Year 2 and then not again until Year 6 onwards :h:
Some are nice and some are right ***** same as adults

What's wrong with junior school kids? Some of them are a right laugh. At the school I teach at they're all pretty awesome.

I don't see how it's a question of morality whether or not you like something. It's just a natural preference. Everyone has them. But then again I wouldn't expect a sensible question from rajandkwameali...
why?

Why are you asking questions just be annoying?
She's already answered you.

On topic, no it's not immoral to dislike children. They can be very obnoxious.
Reply 52
why?

Well... not so likely to kiss a stranger better.
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
:sad:

:laugh: I'm disappointed that I didn't spot that myself.
Reply 54
No, they're a waste of money
Reply 55
Yeah, why do people forget that they were kids at some point in life too?

I love kids :h:
Reply 56
No.

I don't 'like' children, but it's nothing personal. There is a reason I don't babysit etc.
Original post by Doublereedfreak
Why are you asking questions just be annoying?
She's already answered you.

On topic, no it's not immoral to dislike children. They can be very obnoxious.

I'm interested in her opinion. This IS a discussion forum, right?
How is it immoral to not like children?
That's just daft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending