The Student Room Group

Drink drivers

What is everyone's opinion on people who drink and drive, personally they should be locked up and banned from getting behind the wheel for a long time, sadly that never happens. Worst thing is that some people try to justify getting in the car and driving after having a few drinks, clearly they are too naive to realise people have died in drink drive accidents.
Reply 1
Scum.
I wholeheartedly agree. :yes:
Reply 3
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
****ing idiots - so many lives could be saved if not for their recklessness.

Same goes for those mathematicians than drink and derive.

Spoiler

You didn't.
Reply 4
****ing idiots.
Don't forget swimmers who drink and dive.
Reply 6
Selfish idiots.
Reply 7
They are really dangerous..they should be banned for a long time if they drink and drive...
It's just irresponsible, and there's no need for it. Nobody forces drink down their neck, and nobody forces them behind the wheel of a car..
Reply 9
Should be banned from driving for life at the very least. I agree that harm caused by a car whilst the driver is drunk should be punished more severely, and I think that should be extended to other crimes too.
The responses on here are all anti, but I bet there's a lot of students who do drink and drive. I was surprised by a few of my mates who you would generally regard as sensible but they didn't think much about having a couple of pints and then driving, and if you commented on it they'd shake their heads as though "this country is PC gone mad."

The usual defence is "well what about people who drive slowly, they cause more accidents!"
Reply 11
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The responses on here are all anti, but I bet there's a lot of students who do drink and drive. I was surprised by a few of my mates who you would generally regard as sensible but they didn't think much about having a couple of pints and then driving, and if you commented on it they'd shake their heads as though "this country is PC gone mad."

The usual defence is "well what about people who drive slowly, they cause more accidents!"

I personally feel the limit should be zero units (or just above zero to discount mouthwashes etc), basically the advice should be that no amount of drink driving is acceptable. So anybody planning on drinking will make alterntave transport arrangements, instead of one pint leading to several with the temptation to drive home in your car parked outside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending