The Student Room Group

Christmas Holidays: Is 10 hours of revision per day enough? If so is it possible?

I have 5 exams in Jan & each I'm aiming for over 90%. So far I have not done much revision but i have all my revision notes done so I plan on reading through my notes & doing past papers.

My aim is to do two hours of revision for each exam each day. Is this realistic?

Also BUSS3 revision tips are welcome :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's crazy,
You won't stay awake!

Just revise the exams you find more difficult and the easy ones less.
You don't need 2 hours on each a day surely? :/
Depends. Can you cope with that amount of revision per day, or will you get bored? There's no point in overdoing it. Doing that would make it ineffective.

Basically, the amount of revision and the way of revising best is different for everbody. 10 hours a day would easily be 'enough', but would it be too much?
Far too much
Reply 4
I would personally go insane if i tried to do that much revision
Yes & yes.
PS have a nice Christmas :P
Reply 6
Original post by Ree-Shay
I have 5 exams in Jan & each I'm aiming for over 90%. So far I have not done much revision but i have all my revision notes done so I plan on reading through my notes & doing past papers.

My aim is to do two hours of revision for each exam each day. Is this realistic?

Also BUSS3 revision tips are welcome :smile:

Meh, quality not quantity imo.

Obviously if you feel that 10 hours work per day will be sufficient, and ALL the information is going in, and staying there, then by all means go for it.

But I'd say maybe a few hours on each subject (few - 2) but sporadically throughout the day.

The last thing you want is to be burnt out come exam times, just relax.
A few hours on each subject, per day is more than enough!
(It's what I'm doing, and I haven't done much revision as of yet)

Goood luck! :smile::colondollar:
Reply 7
Why don't try and follow your school timetable? Get up early 'go to lessons', have a break and then more 'lessons'. Of course it will need amending to suit the holidays and you might want shift revision periods around. It sounds really sad but it's what I plan on doing to try and stick to a routine :p:
Reply 8
I did that in my final year, but then I had nearing 20 exams rather than just 5. Make up a timetable & stick to it. For me I did 7-10, 2-6, 7-10 every day. I tried to do things like memorising in the morning, I did the subject I enjoyed the most in the afternoon, and evening sessions were things I didn't like much but were still mentally stimulating.
10 hours a day?! that's insane!!
and unless you're superhuman i doubt you'll be able to keep in the right frame of mind to absorb everything you learn in that period so it'd kinda be a waste of time :P
maybe consider shorter bursts? or focusing on only 1 or 2 subjects each day :smile: or make a timetable and stick to it? :smile:
Reply 10
Are you on crack?
Seriously? You won't be doing 160+ (assuming you have two weeks off + extra weekend) hours of revision over the holidays for 5 exams...
You could probably do 5 seperate A-Levels in that time if you planned/worked concisely.

10 hours is more than enough, and yes it's possible, but you need lots of dedication and determination.

But I wouldn't do that much, it's not that productive, and you will switch off, even if you think you haven't. But if you insist with 10 hours of revision a day, PM me after the hols and tell me how it went :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I did that for my finals at Cambridge - you don't need to do that for A-levels.
Reply 12
Woaaahh !!
thatts maaadd !!!
im trying to aim to do that too :wink:
but i know i'll definatelyyy failll
i say 6-8hours max

Gd look :smile:
Reply 13
10 hours a day is possible but not effective, give yourself time to relax! Come June you will be a right mess if you don't take some time out.
how would you do that?!
you would literally just sleep, eat, revise - and sometimes you'd have to skip eating...
but seriously, i guess i'm only doing two exams but i'm going to do 6 hours a day at the most.
short,frequent bursts
Reply 15
Ok, now i realise that this is not attainable therefore my question to you guys is:

How many subject a day should i revise & for how many hours?

Thanks for all the comments!
I done about three hours of pure work today and seriously it's enough. I've learnt a lot, revised a lot and going to do the same till my exam (obv. with breaks in between) I work in my preps too and sometimes through lunches (rarely though)
Reply 17
I have 6 exams and this is my plan:
-Seperate them in to 3 exams per day
- Day 1 do past papers for 3 exams and then mark them listing down things you got wrong
-Day 2 review the stuff you got wrong
-Day 3 past papers for next 3 and review the day after and so on....

basically im going to do that for a week, then the second week its basically just going through the books seeing where my major weak points are and doing all Exam style question and other questions.
After the holidays i have 1 week in which too read the CGP revision guides and do all the questions in them.
Then exams for the rest of the month...:smile: i hope to score 90%+ for 5 of them.
Surely that's too much? I'd say max 7 hours.
10 hours? God I can't even cope with 1 hour straight. :sigh:

For me, what I'll do is try and aim for 5 hours each day and increase that by 30 mins until the date of the exam. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest