The Student Room Group

73% in a maths test bad?

Ll
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Of course not - why care about what other people got? If you did it to your best of abilities then its fine!
73% is shizzle i used to get that in da primary school
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Procrastinate
Of course not - why care about what other people got? If you did it to your best of abilities then its fine!

Exactly - you shouldn't be influenced by what other people have scored, as long as you are happy with how you are going, no one else matters :tongue:
Reply 4
It's ok, but doesn't mean you should sit back and think work is done. No point doing a course/class if your not gonna learn it all :wink:
Reply 5
I just got 11% and 22% in C3 and M1 mocks. I think you might be alright.
Original post by bramz19
I just got 11% and 22% in C3 and M1 mocks. I think you might be alright.

I got 39% in a C3 Mock in test conditions, but get much higher out of test conditions some people just dont like tests :colondollar:
You were proud of it, and you still should be! It's a fantastic result!
depends what test it was, if it was fp3 then be happy.

If it was c4 or lower then no.
Reply 9
Depends on what makes you happy, and your expectations, I got 96% in my first C3 mock, wasn't overly joyed or anything, second time I got 93%, i was happy, my reasoning being consistency. If I can consistently produce good work, I'm happy. In reverse I supposed, I got a B and then a U in 2 physics mocks, I was more annoyed at the inconsistency rather than the fact I got a U... If you get what I'm saying?

So If 73% matches your criteria, it's good, you achieved what you wanted!
No, anything less than 74% is not worthy of happiness

/sarcasm
Reply 11
Original post by toff33popcorn

Hey,
I was just wonderin, is 73% in a maths test frowned upon? I achieved that reuslt and I am dead proud of it but when i heard other peoples results...i felt bummed :frown:
I know this result isn't like in the fantastic 80's or the brilliant 90's or even the odd special 100! but its still an OK mark...right?

thanks x

Depends - is this at a-level or gcse or a test paper you made yourself?
It is nothing to write home about.
Reply 13
Original post by jonasdb
It's ok, but doesn't mean you should sit back and think work is done. No point doing a course/class if your not gonna learn it all :wink:

:ditto: listen to this person.
Reply 14
Hey,
I was just wonderin, is 73% in a maths test frowned upon? I achieved that reuslt and I am dead proud of it but when i heard other peoples results...i felt bummed :frown:
I know this result isn't like in the fantastic 80's or the brilliant 90's or even the odd special 100! but its still an OK mark...right?

thanks x

I got 73% in my real maths GCSE and am now doing AS maths :biggrin:
I usually judge me results based on how the class did. If I got even 21% and the average was 18% then I'd walk home with a smile.

Not that I actually did that, mind you. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Not at all, depends on the grade boundaries. I got 59% in my maths GCSE mock which turned out to be an A
It's only bad if you've done worse than your ability suggests you should have done. If you were a C grade student, then 73% is very respectable as it suggests that you've overachieved.
Reply 18
Not if it was STEP III.
Original post by relaxmansh**
73% is shizzle i used to get that in da primary school

i thought shizzle meant good, or do you mean you did well in primary school :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending