The Student Room Group

Anyone waiting for things from Amazon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yep,try to do like Reagan Smash did if you can.Good Luck
As well as the weather, one of my friends' dad works for the delivery company Amazon uses, who have recently made a lot of their administrative staff redundant, and apparently because they know they'll be getting their redundancy packages in the new year, they're not doing their jobs properly, not confirming orders or organising who's meant to be delivering what. Apparently he's been getting to the delivery depot early in the morning and hanging around for 3-4 hours waiting for something to actually take.
Reply 22
Original post by Shuvel
I thought this was going to be about the pre-christmas adverse weather conditions. If you ordered something that long ago the order hasn't got through and you need to contact amazon directly (does it have tracking options?) If you order something even with Super Saver delivery it should arrive within a week or somethings went wrong the your order.

You can't get hold of them at the moment, long queues on the phone lines plus they have a backlog of emails.
Reply 23
Original post by Shuvel
I thought this was going to be about the pre-christmas adverse weather conditions. If you ordered something that long ago the order hasn't got through and you need to contact amazon directly (does it have tracking options?) If you order something even with Super Saver delivery it should arrive within a week or somethings went wrong the your order.

I've emailed them numerous times and I've not had a decent reply explaining anything. There's no tracking so I have no idea where it is at all.
Reply 24
Original post by Mega Nerd
I've emailed them numerous times and I've not had a decent reply explaining anything. There's no tracking so I have no idea where it is at all.

I'd say just contact amazon and say since you havn'y received your items given the huge amount of time thats elapsed you want a full refund of the items and they can keep them. You'd be quicker doing that and ordering from somewhere else, though customer service may take ages to get back to you until christmas is over.
Reply 25
I ordered some things early December and they took longer than expected to arrive, by about a week. I recommend you contact them and ask what to do - when I contacted them they were really helpful and told me that only after a certain date could I claim back or get them re-posted. Also try contacting your post office depot to see if they might be able to help?
Original post by Ice_Queen
Not from Amazon, but from others.

Firebox dispatched on the 30th November - I have been contacting them regularly but they put me off because of snow. I got up to another level today, and it seems the parcel has been totally and utterly lost. So I'm getting a new one. Unfortunately, this means it will have to go to my parents' house - not an awesome state of affairs.

I ordered from Firebox on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday :colondollar:
And I live in the North of Scotland which normally takes ages, that's so weird!
Reply 27
My sister ordered a PSP game for our brother. It has not came.
Reply 28
To say we have an amazon distribution/warehouse thingy where I live, they are certainly taking their time to deliver these DVDS.. -.-
Original post by juliewho
To say we have an amazon distribution/warehouse thingy where I live, they are certainly taking their time to deliver these DVDS.. -.-

Hey umm, how did the debate go:ninja:

They win? :cool:
No. I ordered one thing from Amazon this year and it came within 2 days.
Reply 31
Original post by HumanNature1992
Hey umm, how did the debate go:ninja:

They win? :cool:

Oh it's you! Sorry :L & nah, they were the first team to not qualify for the next round :tongue: And we missed ours because of snow and stuff, so we're out of ESU now too :redface: better luck next year I suppose..
Original post by juliewho
Oh it's you! Sorry :L & nah, they were the first team to not qualify for the next round :tongue: And we missed ours because of snow and stuff, so we're out of ESU now too :redface: better luck next year I suppose..

Lol you guys suck, I dont want any credit for it now :frown:
Original post by chemical_bex
I ordered from Firebox on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday :colondollar:
And I live in the North of Scotland which normally takes ages, that's so weird!

I dislike you :p:

Everything I have ever ordered from there has come really quickly, I think it was just coincidence this was the one that got lost.
I'm waiting on a couple of things for Christmas gifts, despatched from Amazon and Play a couple of weeks ago - both well before last Christmas order dates, but probably both also coming from Jersey. :sigh:

Still, I received that email from Amazon a couple of days ago re-assuring me that "ensuring that you receive your order in time for Christmas is our number one priority"... :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Mega Nerd

Apparently amazon's policy is, if you ring them up asking about a package that should have arrived and hasn't, and they can't track it, they'll send out another with upgraded postage at no extra cost.

Doubt it would arrive even with Next day now though anyway!

I ordered on the 10th, Amazon dispatched on the 12th, it got to the North West Royal Mail Distribution Centre at 10:28:49 on the 15th and since then Royal Mail claims it has been 'Processing' it. For 5 days.

Just keeping my fingers crossed tbh since a third of all my presents for people are in that package. But I suppose it's not the end of the world if they don't arrive quite in time, and Amazon are bound to give some kind of compensation if they don't (maybe vouchers?)
Yep, waiting on a big package with all my presents for other people. It's been sat in Yorkshire delivery depot for over a week now. May as well drive down and get it myself, only way it's going to make it for Xmas.
Reply 37
Yeah, ordered it Friday and paid extra postage so it would get here on time, now I doubt it will due to snow. It is for my boyfriend though who ordered my stuff online, so neither of us may get presents on time, so at least thats something.
Yeah, but that's because I ordered them an hour ago :h:

I am waiting on some stuff I ordered last week, but they're bound to be real busy this time of year so I'm not really that worried.
15th December: C2 + S1 Mathematics books. No arrival -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending