The Student Room Group

Amazon Corporate Data Analyst Degree Apprentice 2023

Hello guys. I've applied for this role in different cities and a bit after second stage got emailed that third stage will take place on the 12th and 13th of April and they will let me know if I'm successful. Since that mail, which was about 2 weeks ago, I've not heard from them. It's getting quite closer. I was wondering if anyone booked their place for AC. Also most of the job advertisements for data analyst apprentice role are removed from the site now. According to the information that given earlier, they should have been open till 31th May. So is it because of there was an application limit or something and it's reached out? If there is someone out there with the knowledge, let us enlighten.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As you may know they are laying off a lot of staff and closing some sites so may just be workload - just chase them and ask for an update .
It is a fantastic apprenticeship as my best friends son got one and pays well and a good employer and lots of training - good luck - don’t wait and sit there call them -
You're right. I heard that they're laying off 9000 people more. I thought it is mainly because over hiring during the pandemic and also the economic recession I guess. But still I wouldn't expect from a company on that scale makes such decisions that quick. They should have have seen this coming, not much changed in a month. On the other hand I agree with you, the best thing is to reach them directly somehow.
Thanks for your wish btw I think I'll need it quite a lot 🙂
Original post by coolhand-code
Hello guys. I've applied for this role in different cities and a bit after second stage got emailed that third stage will take place on the 12th and 13th of April and they will let me know if I'm successful. Since that mail, which was about 2 weeks ago, I've not heard from them. It's getting quite closer. I was wondering if anyone booked their place for AC. Also most of the job advertisements for data analyst apprentice role are removed from the site now. According to the information that given earlier, they should have been open till 31th May. So is it because of there was an application limit or something and it's reached out? If there is someone out there with the knowledge, let us enlighten.

it says applications close 1st May on their website, that's weird. I'm guessing they extended the deadline which is why you haven't heard back from them. one question I have for you is, which cities did you apply for? I can only see London on their website
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by (*******)
it says applications close 1st May on their website, that's weird. I'm guessing they extended the deadline which is why you haven't heard back from them. one question I have for you is, which cities did you apply for? I can only see London on their website

Yes, it is weird indeed. I've almost applied for every possible data analyst apprenticeship roles since this February. But because they removed the ads I lost track of my applications. I only can see the job titles without location. As much as I remember, I'm no longer under consideration for the one in Dunstable and one another I guess it was Dartford. The ones still under consideration are in Bolton, London, Derbyshire, Darlington, Tilbury.
Yes, it is weird indeed. I've almost applied for every possible data analyst apprenticeship roles since this February. But because they removed the ads I lost track of my applications. I only can see the job titles without location. As much as I remember, I'm no longer under consideration for the one in Dunstable and one another I guess it was Dartford. The ones still under consideration are in Bolton, London, Derbyshire, Darlington, Tilbury.

Ah ok, thanks, so maybe the London one is the one that is due on 1st May and the other ones were due before that which is why i can't see them.
By the way, are you able to give me an insight into the online assessment and the 2nd stage? Is the online assessment timed? what does it consist of? For the 2nd stage, what were the 3 video questions? did they ask you to do any coding at all or answer any tech questions? Thanks!

hey did u hear back?? i attended the ac on 12th april
Original post by (*******)
Ah ok, thanks, so maybe the London one is the one that is due on 1st May and the other ones were due before that which is why i can't see them.
By the way, are you able to give me an insight into the online assessment and the 2nd stage? Is the online assessment timed? what does it consist of? For the 2nd stage, what were the 3 video questions? did they ask you to do any coding at all or answer any tech questions? Thanks!

Hi, as much as I can remember. Online assessment consists of 2 parts. One is job simulation which you got some emails as if you are a current employee at Amazon. I was asked to rank some vendors with considering given data. And the second one is working style assessment. On this one you're given some statements and expected to choose which one is more like you or most like you. The test names might be slightly different btw. There is no time limit on first stage but once you submit your answer. You can't go back.
Actually, I got 4 video question on the second stage. For the first 3 questions Your answers are limited with a minute. And the 4th one 1.5 min. You got 3 attempts each. I think the last one has 2 attempts. But these is no time limit between attempts. For the whole stage you got 1 week. The questions roughly were like:
Why do you want to join amazon? What's attracting you?
Why do you apply for this specific role and what 3 transferrable skills do you think you have that can make you successful?
Have a think about amazon leaderships principles. Which ones resonates with you and why?
Talk through about a challenge you completed lately and explain your approach. If you had more time, what would you do differently?

As a coding challenge I was given a data set with and explanatory photo of how tables connected each other and asked for writing a query with desired results. If you know a bit SQL or similar language, I guess It is not that challenging.
Original post by Ethereal001
hey did u hear back?? i attended the ac on 12th april

Nope. How did your ac go?
Reply 10
Hi, as much as I can remember. Online assessment consists of 2 parts. One is job simulation which you got some emails as if you are a current employee at Amazon. I was asked to rank some vendors with considering given data. And the second one is working style assessment. On this one you're given some statements and expected to choose which one is more like you or most like you. The test names might be slightly different btw. There is no time limit on first stage but once you submit your answer. You can't go back.
Actually, I got 4 video question on the second stage. For the first 3 questions Your answers are limited with a minute. And the 4th one 1.5 min. You got 3 attempts each. I think the last one has 2 attempts. But these is no time limit between attempts. For the whole stage you got 1 week. The questions roughly were like:
Why do you want to join amazon? What's attracting you?
Why do you apply for this specific role and what 3 transferrable skills do you think you have that can make you successful?
Have a think about amazon leaderships principles. Which ones resonates with you and why?
Talk through about a challenge you completed lately and explain your approach. If you had more time, what would you do differently?

As a coding challenge I was given a data set with and explanatory photo of how tables connected each other and asked for writing a query with desired results. If you know a bit SQL or similar language, I guess It is not that challenging.

It's probably not a good idea to give the questions to your competition...
Original post by orueq
It's probably not a good idea to give the questions to your competition...

Well, there is no time limit anyway. Also Ive not given exact questions but an insight. Anyone who apply for it will see this questions eventually and have one week to reply unless they change it the questions for future applications. Additionally most of the things I said were already mentioned in the webinars by Amazon recruitment team member, so they are not top secret really.
Anyone got their AC 26/4?
Original post by ArdZaint

Which city?
Original post by EmmaAlo
Which city?

London Corporate office, wbu?
Reply 15
Hi I haven't received any dates for ac for data analyst London role yet ? I am confused
Original post by Dipali26
Hi I haven't received any dates for ac for data analyst London role yet ? I am confused

From what I’ve seen on their description of the role, I am assuming they are hosting multiple data analyst apprenticeship ACs. They have ACs as far back as the 11/12/13 July, so I wouldn’t worry too much
Reply 17
Original post by JumanjiWalker
From what I’ve seen on their description of the role, I am assuming they are hosting multiple data analyst apprenticeship ACs. They have ACs as far back as the 11/12/13 July, so I wouldn’t worry too

Ok good Thanks for your reply
I had my AC on 27/4 and haven’t heard back yet
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by ArdZaint

Did you hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending