The Student Room Group

Biggest moments/events in 2010

I'm doing a quiz for New Years Eve and I want it to be all about 2010 and what has happened during the year.

But I need a little help, what are the biggest events/moments in your opinion that have happened during the year that I could ask questions about.

I'd really appreciate any help with this :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Avatar's huge success at the cinema. There was a huge ash cloud over the country for a couple of days. Big Brother got sacked. A coalition government came into power. We found out that Matt Cardle has got the X Factor and the England football team has got the **** Factor. :fatcontroller:
(edited 13 years ago)
"bigoted women" :biggrin:
Reply 3
Dirty Moneys last show at The Underworld.

Nick Clegg selling out.

Iceland single handedly ****ing over the planets airways.
Original post by unknownking321
Avatar's huge success at the cinema. There was a huge ash cloud over the country for a couple of days. Big Brother got sacked. A coalition government came into power. We found out that Matt Cardle has got the X Factor and the English football team has got the **** Factor. :fatcontroller:

This :yes: I tried to +rep you, but it wouldn't let me :frown:

ALSO this year..... Prince William & Kate Middleton announce their engagement, loads of celebrities have cheated this year (Vernon Kay, Mark Owen, Peter Crouch, etc..) Katie Price and Alex Reid get married in Vegas. Cheryl Cole gets divorced? and gets malaria? Coronation Street's 50th birthday. Eastenders 25th birthday (was that this year?)
I turned 20. :h:

On a serious note, coalition government, tuition fees being trebled, world cup (flop), royal engagement, can't think of any more atm.
Reply 6
The volcano Ejafajallajokul erupted! (I think thats how it spelt, I did know for my geography exam in summer but it never even came up in the exam paper). Try and get people to name it or if you're feeling evil, spell it!!
also, Simon Cowell makes millions yet again through X Factor, Take That reform (fully), loads of floods this summer, BGT gets new judges....
Reply 8
The snow now and the snow in January :P
The Chilean miners.

For a possible sports round, you could mention Rooney wanting to leave Man United then changing his mind in the space of a week.

EDIT: Sorry pissy Man United fans (who I am one of), I only stated the truth about the Rooney situation. Unless the neg was from someone who is offended by the mention of foreign people who work underground.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wikileaks :borat:, World Cup, Chilean Miners...
Reply 11
Luis Suarez's handball :sogood:
Reply 12
Thanks for all the replies everybody, really useful, need 50 questions though, so if anyone can think of anymore events I'd appreciate it :smile:
Reply 13
The scrapping of the HMS Ark Royal and Sea Harrier fleet perhapps?
Reply 14
GMTV being taken off the air, and Daybreak replacing it.
Reply 15
wasn't there some riot recently? (i don't watch the news)
Original post by dr2012
I'm doing a quiz for New Years Eve and I want it to be all about 2010 and what has happened during the year.

But I need a little help, what are the biggest events/moments in your opinion that have happened during the year that I could ask questions about.

I'd really appreciate any help with this :smile:

* FIFA World Cup 2010
* Chilean miners rescue
haiti earthquake?
Reply 18
- World Cup
- Wimbledon (the longest match in history)
- Haiti earthquake
- That bloody volcano!
- Uk win a gold at winter olympics (skeleton)
- Chilean miners
- Fashon designer alexander mcqueen death
- US gulf oil spill
- Tiger woods affairs exposed (ok started in 09 but went onto early 10)
- iPad released
England's massive fail June 2010

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending