The Student Room Group

The public is Ignorant and i think they like it.

Most people seem to really care about what goes around them or really care about the harsh truth of things around them.

For instance things like superstitions,Fake cures to dieseases,Religion and pointless rituals all of these are examples of meaningless activitys that arent true..

Love is the perfect example,i tried explaining to my recently engaged friend that hes love for his girl isnt special at all as science shows that love is just a chemical reaction which can be triggered my nearly anything and anyone.Then i got shouted at etc etc.

Most people dont even know whats happeing in the middle east or in both korea contrys as they think thats it not important then when one of there family or friends are effected they start complaing etc etc.

Nobody questions anything untill they are effected but by then its usually to late.

But can someone tell me why?And you're one of these type of people why dont you care?

Scroll to see replies

Truly, you are a visionary. Nobody has ever thought these thoughts before. Bravo.
Original post by Amuroray
Most people seem to really care about what goes around them or really care about the harsh truth of things around them.

For instance things like superstitions,Fake cures to dieseases,Religion and pointless rituals all of these are examples of meaningless activitys that arent true..

Love is the perfect example,i tried explaining to my recently engaged friend that hes love for his girl isnt special at all as science shows that love is just a chemical reaction which can be triggered my nearly anything and anyone.Then i got shouted at etc etc.

Most people dont even know whats happeing in the middle east or in both korea contrys as they think thats it not important then when one of there family or friends are effected they start complaing etc etc.

Nobody questions anything untill they are effected but by then its usually to late.

But can someone tell me why?And you're one of these type of people why dont you care?

And you somehow think you're not ignorant?
Let me tell you, everything you swallow is ignorance and indeed swallowing it is ignorance.
There are just varying degrees of ignorance.

Stop caring about other people, and above all else stop thinking so highly of yourself.
Knowing does not make you any less ignorant,- some might say knowing is just another form of ignorance,- the ignorance of knowledge.
Life is just a game.

Some may say that knowledge and news, current events and such are just a distraction, perhaps so. Then if true, you've become the biggest ignorant fool known, you think knowing what the mainstream media tells you and history texts books is defying ignorance, when really it's just compounding ignorance.

People will do what they want, know and focus on what they want. "Love" provides emotional fulfilment, maybe it is a chemical reaction, but maybe one day you will realise there is more to life,- right now, you're just ignorant.
So shhh little boy, you're a small cog in a big world, no one gives two craps.
(edited 13 years ago)
Most people don't have time to stop and think.
Reply 4
Yeah, most people are ignorant and thick - welcome to real life :tongue:

Love is just a chemical reaction? So is seeing, eating - everything that exists is a result of chemical reactions - trees, planets, solar systems!
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah well, ignorance is bliss and all that..
Reply 6
Original post by super.teve
And you somehow think you're not ignorant?
Let me tell you, everything you swallow is ignorance and indeed swallowing it is ignorance.
There are just varying degrees of ignorance.

Stop caring about other people, and above all else stop thinking so highly of yourself.
Knowing does not make you any less ignorant,- some might say knowing is just another form of ignorance,- the ignorance of knowledge.
Life is just a game.

Some may say that knowledge and news, current events and such are just a distraction, perhaps so. Then if true, you've become the biggest ignorant fool known, you think knowing what the mainstream media tells you and history texts books is defying ignorance, when really it's just compounding ignorance.

People will do what they want, know and focus on what they want. "Love" provides emotional fulfilment, maybe it is a chemical reaction, but maybe one day you will realise there is more to life than love,- right now, you're just ignorant. So shhh little boy, you're a small cog in a big world, no one gives two craps.

Who says that LMAO.

When have i said i listen to mainstream media only?I go on webstes like infowars very often to look at the persptive of things.

I do realise that theres more to life then love.WHEN DID I SAY OTHERWISE LMAO.

oh and the last line,what are you talking about.I realise im a small cog in the world.WHEN DID I SAY OTHERWISE LMAO.

Are you trying to stick up for deluded people?

Did you even read my post at all?

Get clued up then talk to me.
Who says that LMAO.

When have i said i listen to mainstream media only?I go on webstes like infowars very often to look at the persptive of things.

I do realise that theres more to life then love.WHEN DID I SAY OTHERWISE LMAO.

oh and the last line,what are you talking about.I realise im a small cog in the world.WHEN DID I SAY OTHERWISE LMAO.

Are you trying to stick up for deluded people?

Did you even read my post at all?

Get clued up then talk to me.

It's a paradox, oh and jeez, some people would say that infowars, is just another source of ignorance.
Stop thinking that you're anything but ordinary, ignorant and unimportant.

Perhaps you didn't explicitly say so, but you imply it. "The public is ignorant",- you see yourself as above them by saying "I think THEY like it".
So shhh little boy.

Oh and actually, if you go onto sites like infowars, then you'd see that most of those would say that current events are a distraction,- you yourself get clued up.

Carry on reading conspiracy theories and thinking you're the bee's knees. I'd say that your post is a demonstration of ignorance, you say "these types of people" for example.

Just because you read a few websites, news articles and such, does not make you any less ignorant than anyone else,- you've swallowed someone else's garbage and just rethink what people before you have. You've swallowed a different sheet of information, that's all.

Move along now...
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh we're all ignorant to varying degrees. The fact remains that we all live in very comfortable positions right now relative to the rest of the world (Well, you've got an internet connection, right?), and we're all ignorant of the atrocities going on right now. But hey you know, ignorance is bliss and there's bugger all we can do to change it.
Original post by Organ

Original post by Organ
Yeah, most people are ignorant and thick - welcome to real life :tongue:

Love is just a chemical reaction? So is seeing, eating - everything that exists is a result of chemical reactions - trees, planets, solar systems!

Yes, essentially life is just a collection of chemical reactions (yes and nuclear reactions but whatever) happening simultaneously. No meaning to it. :dontknow:
Reply 10
The wise man knows he is a fool.
Reply 11
It's a paradox, oh and jeez, some people would say that infowars, is just another source of ignorance.
Stop thinking that you're anything but ordinary, ignorant and unimportant.

Perhaps you didn't explicitly say so, but you imply it. "The public is ignorant",- you see yourself as above them by saying "I think THEY like it".
So shhh little boy.

Oh and actually, if you go onto sites like infowars, then you'd see that most of those would say that current events are a distraction,- you yourself get clued up. Carry on reading conspiracy theories and thinking you're the bee's knees.

You change your mind quick lol.Firstly you have go at me for only listening to mainstream media then all of a sudden you have a go for listening to conspiracy thoeries.I listen to both sides of the fence as i want to get as informed as possible.

Oh and people of infowars think that the un and the recession is controlled and that its a cover up for the new world order - get it right mate.
Reply 12

People work 9-5, the least they want is to come home and worry about the state the world is in. I know it's sad. But unfortunately beyond our control. :frown:
You change your mind quick lol.Firstly you have go at me for only listening to mainstream media then all of a sudden you have a go for listening to conspiracy thoeries.I listen to both sides of the fence as i want to get as informed as possible.

Oh and people of infowars think that the un and the recession is controlled and that its a cover up for the new world order - get it right mate.

Just because you read a few websites, news articles and such, does not make you any less ignorant than anyone else,- you've swallowed someone else's garbage and just rethink what people before you have. You've swallowed a different sheet of information, that's all.

Oh and by the way, infowars is a bit more in-depth than views on conspiracy theories, it's largely based around the New World Order conspiracy.

You yourself are very ignorant, just an ignorant person who thinks he's not ignorant.

Be quiet now, you're making yourself look silly. Especially your summary of infowars, "people of info wars" ahahhaa.

Let's get a few things straight, "I often go on other websites" doesn't suddenly make you an expert in current affairs. Face it, you're just as ignorant as the rest of us about the world around us, so please stop pretending that you're not.
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
Let's get a few things straight, "I often go on other websites" doesn't suddenly make you an expert in current affairs. Face it, you're just as ignorant as the rest of us about the world around us, so please stop pretending that you're not.

THANK YOU!
Jesus, at least someone else agrees.
Humans are ignorant to their place in the cosmos, indeed, I am yet to find someone who spends their time pondering over the fate of our planet or even the universe. But in reality, humans are particularly insignificant in the larger scheme of intergalactic existence, and perhaps are just a small species projecting their own mental idolatries onto the vast cosmos, ever susceptible to being wiped from existence at any moment. The majority of undiscerning humanity are creatures with the same significance as insects in a much greater struggle between greater forces which, due to humanity's small, visionless and unimportant nature, it does not recognise.

After all "The human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'. Only egotism exists."

Where in the world then does this leave a place for celebrities, X-Factor and Eastenders? Humans are too ignorant to understand that we are just a small species on a small rock in a small galaxy that is a neighbour to billions of others just like it. But some day the piecing together of knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation of flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
It's inherently ignorant of you to assume 'most people' are as ignorant of certain affairs that you've mentioned, since you're basing this on your own wild misconceptions, channeled through a blanket statement.
Reply 18
Well, if you want to go that way, "whats happeing in the middle east or in both korea contrys" doesn't matter either. It's just some people, who will soon no longer exist, squabbling over an infintesimal fraction of the universe. The difference between your 'knowledge' and others' 'ignorance' amounts to absolutely nothing in the end.

At least take nilihism the whole way, ffs. :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by tieyourmotherdown

THANK YOU!
Jesus, at least someone else agrees.

Thats not all i do LMAO.I spend AGES look at current affairs.

But you two are missing the point,Most people are deluded and dont want to know the truth and are to busy doing and believeing in worthless things.

For instance if i talking about buliding 7 to an average guy off the street he wont know what the hell im talking about when 9/11 was the biggest thing that has happened in the last 15 years.

And people dont really care about gathering more info until something effects them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending