The Student Room Group

Britain's youngest parents

Scroll to see replies

scum
They both seem happy and accept responsibility, so of course they should.
Reply 3
I love how the article ends with 'The UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe'.

So original.
At least they both want to take care of it rather than getting it adopted or leaving it while they go out partying (although thinking about it, they're probably too young even for that!).. some people would be mature enough to look after a baby at age 14, some wouldn't be ready at age 30! Everyone's different, and while not ideal, at least they're accepting responsibility.

It's better to fight over who has the child rather than who doesn't.
Reply 5
I can bet anything they will turn out to be the unsuccessful, unemployed, benefits-grabbing people we're all too used to seeing nowadays in modern day Britain.

They'll eventually realise that all they have to do is breed like plague rats and grab more money from the state. I'm sure this isn't their intention at the moment, this seems like a juvenile mistake made by a couple of horny prepubescent kids...but this is the start of it all.
Reply 6
Original post by Imperatore
I can bet anything they will turn out to be the unsuccessful, unemployed, benefits-grabbing people we're all too used to seeing nowadays in modern day Britain.

They'll eventually realise that all they have to do is breed like plague rats and grab more money from the state. I'm sure this isn't their intention at the moment, this seems like a juvenile mistake made by a couple of horny prepubescent kids...but this is the start of it all.

True that.

They'll probably be one of those people that have 9 kids by the age of 22.
Reply 7
“Jamie wasn’t planned but I’m going to be a great mum for him. He’s perfect and I’m going to give him everything he ever wants.”

Courtesy of the tax payer I presume. I doubt this child will be perfect considering the gene-pool it's derived from. I don't mean to sound like an arse, but seriously?! It says they had unprotected sex and they didn't tell their parents because they were too embarrassed... they should be embarrassed, so should the parents though in all fairness.

The mother said - “I was angry at first but now I’ve bought a cot, a baby seat, a stairgate everything for a little baby”. So? So what if you've bought everything for a little baby? How has that consoled you? You should be even angrier about the fact that you have to buy all of that **** for them in the first place.

I know I sound like a Douche... but meh, I'm having a bad day. :colondollar:

I agree with the benefits part, they just won't be able to help theirselves... but they surely can't be prepubescent, seeing as they reproduced to make child
I blame the parents.
Reply 10
Original post by moneyballs2
I agree with the benefits part, they just won't be able to help theirselves... but they surely can't be prepubescent, seeing as they reproduced to make child

The body starts to produce sex cells (primary sex characteristic) before the puberty of secondary sex characteristics takes place :yep:
Why shouldn't she be allowed to keep it?
It seems her family are being very supportive and are caring for the child.
She's too young to claim benefits anyway.

When it says she was embarrassed though...her parents should be. She was having sex at 13?!
Reply 12
could the responses on this thread be any more daily maily ?
Wow, some people are so judgemental. At least they're going take care of the baby. They'll be able to get a job in a couple of years.
(edited 13 years ago)
Kids these days :rolleyes:
The body starts to produce sex cells (primary sex characteristic) before the puberty of secondary sex characteristics takes place :yep:

Ooooh, yummy. Pretty much shows the extent of Sex Ed. in this country. Was always taught that puberty had to happen first, no wonder these kids weren't in the know, probably just thought they could do the dirty and nothing would come out

___
Today is cynical Tuesday, I think it's the weather. I hope they do get an education or job and do well :smile: But it's cynical Tuesday...
Original post by Samrout
could the responses on this thread be any more daily maily ?

There's nothing Daily Mail about feeling enraged by this.

I'm far from a Tory, but I'm infuriated that this little girl can claim that she's going to give this poor kid everything it wants and be a 'great mum' when it's all courtesy of the tax payer.

Jesus christ, if you want to slag about when you're 13 at least get your boyfriend to wear a condom. God, when I was 13 having a boyfriend meant holding hands at breaktime :frown:
Original post by chemical_bex
Why shouldn't she be allowed to keep it?
It seems her family are being very supportive and are caring for the child.
She's too young to claim benefits anyway.

When it says she was embarrassed though...her parents should be. She was having sex at 13?!

This. At least they're taking responsibility and not just getting an abortion.
Heh, sadly I know several people who were having sex at 12 :s-smilie: The government should focus the sex education more on the social issues instead of the biological ones :P
I do worry she has no idea whatsoever what's needed to look after a baby, because regardless of how mature she may or may not me, she's only 14 which just isn't a normal age for having and raising a baby.

I do wish her all the best, and whilst I wouldn't condone what they did, ultimately it can't be changed and they're stuck with it now, but I can't see it going too tell if I'm honest.
Reply 19
She isnt entitled to benefits because she is under age :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending