The Student Room Group

How to stop being jealous of siblings?

My family worships my brother. He works off and on but he ever has any money ever. The only stuff that he has is his parents money because they pay all his bills. He gets to drive around in my old luxury car, but my mom worships him and calls him a boss, and acts as if he brought it himself. He never spends time with her ever. He acts as if he’s too good for, but she still spoils him and gives me nothing. Ok so he has a life? He doesn’t go to school. He works sometimes but where’s his apartment and car? He does nothing but hang out with his friends all the time. I work all the time but my family always tries to down play me like I’m the bum just because I don’t have time to have fun like he does. I’m always jealous and bitter. Yes he’s younger than me but at his age I was poor and never got the stuff that he has. They treat him like a girl and me like the guy. how to stop being bitter it’s turning me into a angry mean person?
Reply 1
Hey am happy you are a self-aware person and doesn't want to feel the way you are feeling because you aren't (jealous, bitter angry) person, though it is obvious to feel that way when you put effort and hard work but still get ignored by parents, my suggestion would be not to compare yourself with your younger sibling,me being youngest sibling can say we all are spoiled and ngl we love it, and no younger sibling will ever be sorry about it, but don't compare yourself rather accept that, its okay if he is getting more appreciation until you aren't getting depreciated but if that happens than i guess u need to make parents sit down and ask them what actually do they think of you AND why and share your feelings that even when working hard you feel insulted don't mention your brother in this conversation its not about him, its about you.
Reply 2
Original post by _.gaurii04
Hey am happy you are a self-aware person and doesn't want to feel the way you are feeling because you aren't (jealous, bitter angry) person, though it is obvious to feel that way when you put effort and hard work but still get ignored by parents, my suggestion would be not to compare yourself with your younger sibling,me being youngest sibling can say we all are spoiled and ngl we love it, and no younger sibling will ever be sorry about it, but don't compare yourself rather accept that, its okay if he is getting more appreciation until you aren't getting depreciated but if that happens than i guess u need to make parents sit down and ask them what actually do they think of you AND why and share your feelings that even when working hard you feel insulted don't mention your brother in this conversation its not about him, its about you.

young or not I know 17 year olds who are more responsible than he is. But I also believe in karma and that luck doesn’t last “forever” you can’t use people forever until you have to be responsible on your own and next time I’m not giving him nothing like before! I’m not gonna care at all because nobody ever gave me nothing. Yes I’m older but I was once his age and didn’t get nothing at all so he deserves that to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending