The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by Tungsten180
Has anyone received an offer/rejection for history and politics??

I applied for that course and have had no offer/rejection yet! Think we've got a bit of a wait on our hands :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
My heart skipped a beat when I received the Merry Xmas email from the admissions office hehe! Its nice of them to send that though, and to give us an idea as to when offers might be coming out and when they'r closed. Its scary having only heard from one Uni when some of my friends have had all five offers!
Original post by ffffreya
I applied for that course and have had no offer/rejection yet! Think we've got a bit of a wait on our hands :frown:

Thanks. Hmmm yeah you're probably right. Good luck! :smile:
Uh.. so I applied for engineering, and I got a letter by snail mail saying that

"I am pleased to inform you that your application for entry to our H102 MEng Engineering degree programme has been considered by the School of Engineering and has been passed onto our central Student Admissions and Recruitment Office for some final checks"

I'm international, and this letter was sent on the 8th of December, but my track hasn't been updated after two weeks. What does this letter mean? offer.. hopefully? does anyone know?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by *BB*
Applicant or offer? :P

hahahah applicant - i sent my ucas 23d nov, so im not tooooo stressed about it, um, well, yet. you?
Original post by iheartmondays
what are your predicated grades?

I predicted myself an 'A' in Philosophy
Reply 1226
Original post by alexx :)
GCSES 8A* and 2A

Predicted A level grades A*AAA (already have an A* in maths but not cashed in so they don't know that).

Yes my offer was for either A* (maths) A (f.maths) A or A (maths) AB + 2/merit in STEP/AEA :smile:

Woah nice! I was predicted A*A*AA for A levels, but only have 3A*s, 5As and 2 Bs for GCSEs. Still haven't heard anything :frown:. Do you know if some people get offers without interviews?
Reply 1227
I applied to Warwick twice actually, already got a hideous offer for Maths and Econ (A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Disctincion in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP). I really would prefer (M)MORSE though...
Original post by Ree69
I applied to Warwick twice actually, already got a hideous offer for Maths and Econ (A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Disctincion in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP). I really would prefer (M)MORSE though...

hey congrats on your offer. I applied for MMORSE as well but haven't heard anything :frown: Sucks cos I reallyyy like the course! Some people have been to interviews and have been made offers already.
Reply 1229
I applied for Physics pure, Masters. I got 5 A*s 4 AS at GCSE, and they gave me an AAA offer about a month ago. I don't think Physics is very competitve there, though.
Reply 1230
Original post by Anita B. Studin
hey congrats on your offer. I applied for MMORSE as well but haven't heard anything :frown: Sucks cos I reallyyy like the course! Some people have been to interviews and have been made offers already.

I know, I have applied to MORSE and haven't heard anything from them. This is going to be my first choice, and I absolutely love the course..

Have you got any offers or rejections yet? Good luck!!
Reply 1231
Original post by Anita B. Studin

I know I love this course too! I would've thought that I'd have a better chance of receiving an offer from Warwick (for MMORSE) after applying there twice. But it turns out Maths and Economics applicants are looked at by Maths admission tutors, and (M)MORSE is looked at by the Stats ones. So they don't even know I've applied there twice :frown:. I really didn't expect MMORSE applicants to have interviews though... Unless they were from abroad?
Reply 1232
Original post by Mainguy
I applied for Physics pure, Masters. I got 5 A*s 4 AS at GCSE, and they gave me an AAA offer about a month ago. I don't think Physics is very competitve there, though.

Yeah, a typical engineering course offer would be between BBB and AAB. Compare that with a typical Maths offer of A*A*A + STEP!
Reply 1233
Business Courses and Maths Courses > sciences, english, arts etc .....
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ree69
But it turns out Maths and Economics applicants are looked at by Maths admission tutors, and (M)MORSE is looked at by the Stats ones. So they don't even know I've applied there twice :frown:.

Yeah they do. No uni can see the other unis you've applied to, but they can see if you've made more than one application to themselves. So the Maths tutors will see you've applied to MORSE and the Stats tutors will see you've applied to Maths & Econ. Fear not!
Reply 1235
Original post by Ree69
Woah nice! I was predicted A*A*AA for A levels, but only have 3A*s, 5As and 2 Bs for GCSEs. Still haven't heard anything :frown:. Do you know if some people get offers without interviews?

Nope as far as I know everyone has an interview unless you're an international student. If you get an interview you you're basically in, or so we were told on our interview day. Good Luck!
Reply 1236
Original post by Ree69
I know I love this course too! I would've thought that I'd have a better chance of receiving an offer from Warwick (for MMORSE) after applying there twice. But it turns out Maths and Economics applicants are looked at by Maths admission tutors, and (M)MORSE is looked at by the Stats ones. So they don't even know I've applied there twice :frown:. I really didn't expect MMORSE applicants to have interviews though... Unless they were from abroad?

What we were told when we were there is they just wanted to meet us and get to know us and basically force us to visit the uni. They want everyone to see around so that it can help you better to make the decision if Warwick is for you. That's what I was told anyway. My "interview" was basically a chat with one of the professors, :smile:
Anyone applying for both (M)MORSE and Maths G100 around here??????
Original post by Ree69

Have you got decisions from both courses????
Reply 1239
Original post by megaduck
Yeah they do. No uni can see the other unis you've applied to, but they can see if you've made more than one application to themselves. So the Maths tutors will see you've applied to MORSE and the Stats tutors will see you've applied to Maths & Econ. Fear not!

Ah thanks! Will keep fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest