The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I can't quite tell, tbh :s-smilie:

That other post you showed me is def :facepalm: though :biggrin:

I was genuinely shocked at the post. And the irony that Oxford had apparently released a lot of articles for their preference for social skills - what the hell? :lolwut:

:sigh:

No wonder people have incorrect perceptions of Oxbridge...
Original post by Martin_PPE
I have also applied to Harvard. Hopefully i'll see you there. It is nonsense. Denying Britain's best and brightest for political correctness reasons. It's political correctness gone mad, Orwell was right. Churchill would be turning in his grave.

When did you submit your UCAS application for Oxford out of interest?
Reply 142
I understand some of what you are saying but I think my sixth form (not college..) has a good grasp of how to ensure we are chosen to study at oxford and by informing the college before we apply makes them look forward to reading the application. My head of sixth said my application would contain Latin (from some extracurricular study I did) so the admissions tutors would know that an old boy recommends me when he reads my personal statement.

I am not going to go to LSE as I think Cambridge or Oxford might cater better to my desires and I don't like the large asian population at LSE which might hinder my performance in competitions/decrease job prospects for political correctness reasons.

Political correctness, ei...and here you go stating your dislike for the Asian population at LSE.
Original post by im so academic
I was genuinely shocked at the post. And the irony that Oxford had apparently released a lot of articles for their preference for social skills - what the hell? :lolwut:

:sigh:

No wonder people have incorrect perceptions of Oxbridge...

Yeah. I would go through the whole thread and correct everything but I'd rather not read anymore racist drivel, tbh :bhangra:
Original post by arianex
Political correctness, ei...and here you go stating your dislike for the Asian population at LSE.

... in a post to an Asian :biggrin: :facepalm: :bhangra:

Yeah. I would go through the whole thread and correct everything but I'd rather not read anymore racist drivel, tbh :bhangra:

The whole thread is essentially bull**** coming mostly from the OP and certain newbies.
Reply 146
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
When did you submit your UCAS application for Oxford out of interest?

1st September. My sixth form has a policy that all Oxbridge applicants need to send off their form on the first day back at school after the summer revision breaks.
The family holiday got in the way of revision...why is that not an excuse. We couldn't cancel or we'd lose the deposit so we were thinking of getting me a tutor while we were there, but we couldn't find any. Consequently I had a valid reason why I missed 3 weeks of revision.

I did not hit the slopes once. I was revising for the whole three weeks in the apartment.

Contradiction right there.

Make up your mind.

:cool:
Reply 148
Original post by nerdfighter28
Contradiction right there.

Make up your mind.

:cool:

I missed 3 weeks revision as I did not have a tutor. Learning from books is a useless way of revising and completely foolish and nonsensical when you have a tutor. I gained nothing from 3 weeks of reading while my family were in turmoil worrying about my impending GCSE exams.
I don't like the large asian population at LSE which might hinder my performance in competitions/decrease job prospects for political correctness reasons.

You bloody prat - I hate you. Just get over it like the rest of us.
As my father is close friends with the Dean of Oxford I had not even considered the prospect of a rejection, understandably, which compounds the injustice I have been served.

Ah well, I guess I will dry my "tears" with the affirmative letters from Harvard and Dartmouth. And to all those being jealous and calling me arrogant maybe you should experience being the perfect match for a college and it being your dream from an early age to then be shot down. Of course I am exponentially better off with studying in the states, so I am overall better off.
Awful troll is awful.

If you are for real, then accept it, you didn't get in, reflect on it and move on, its not like you have 5 rejections?
Reply 152
Original post by oxford_destiny
Please tell me this is a joke? Dartmouth far outstrips Oxbridge in terms of budget, student happiness % and funding, so please get your facts right before spreading them across the internet in a foul smear.

Of course Cambridge is ranked higher in British paper rankings', there is a degree of national bias, if you go on the Forbes rankings, which do there best to be unbiased, you will find that Dartmouth and Harvard are not even in the same league as Cambridge, and Cambridge struggles to break the top 20.

Perhaps you should have done some research before opening yourself up for public embarrassment?

No, I'm afraid you're incorrect, once again. Forbes (an American business magazine) is giving you this information? Please, do source. Cambridge has been recognised as this year's number one university in the world based on statistics, not opinion. If you'll read back I specifically did not say that Harvard was worse than Oxford, however if you are going to rank them in terms of statistics (which is the most reliable method), you will find this is the order: Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford and Dartmouth.

Claiming that Cambridge "struggles to breath the top 20" is ludicrous. Your bitter petulance is the only thing embarrassing here.
As my father is close friends with the Dean of Oxford I had not even considered the prospect of a rejection, understandably, which compounds the injustice I have been served.

Ah well, I guess I will dry my "tears" with the affirmative letters from Harvard and Dartmouth. And to all those being jealous and calling me arrogant maybe you should experience being the perfect match for a college and it being your dream from an early age to then be shot down. Of course I am exponentially better off with studying in the states, so I am overall better off.

Well, my mum works in academia and my uncle used to know a lot of academics as well - the standards are EXACTLY THE SAME YOU FOOL. Just out of curiousity what school do you go to?
Original post by Roflhahalol

Original post by Roflhahalol
Awful troll is awful.

If you are for real, then accept it, you didn't get in, reflect on it and move on, its not like you have 5 rejections?

Only the most lazy and useless student would ever be in such a situation. Maybe you should pick up a book and do some work........
Original post by Deema

Original post by Deema
No, I'm afraid you're incorrect, once again. Forbes (an American business magazine) is giving you this information? Please, do source. Cambridge has been recognised as this year's number one university in the world based on statistics, not opinion. If you'll read back I specifically did not say that Harvard was worse than Oxford, however if you are going to rank them in terms of statistics (which is the most reliable method), you will find this is the order: Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford and Dartmouth.

Claiming that Cambridge "struggles to breath the top 20" is ludicrous. Your bitter petulance is the only thing embarrassing here.

Wtf, I can't believe that.

Cambridge "struggles to break the top 20" - :rofl:

Your the same person as martin_ppe?
Reply 157
Honestly, can we get a mod to shut this thread down? It's bordering on racist and snobby.

Also, if revising with books is completely useless, then my grades were probably underserved and I should give up my homework helper slot for Chemistry (seeing as I'll never have the dosh for a private tutor.)

/sarcasm
Original post by Rugbylad_1992
Only the most lazy and useless student would ever be in such a situation. Maybe you should pick up a book and do some work........

Gap year, with good grades already. Sorry Chumley Warner.
Sorry but I think maybe YOU should take up your own advice eh?
And a post count of 3 with a joining date of Dec 2010? Trollolololololol...lol
ha

Latest

Trending

Trending