The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by whythehellnot
So I've been thinking, is there anything inherently wrong with necrophilia?

The facts:

1. No one gets hurt (lets assume that no one finds out about it for a while)
2. <ost people wouldn't rationally object against using a sex toy.

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

Well firstly there is the issue of consent as somebody mentioned. A dead person can't give consent (obviously) so to carry out a sexual act on the body could be perceived as immoral or possibly as an assault on the deceased.

Secondly ask yourself this; God forbid it was a member of your family, how would you feel if somebody performed a sex act on the dead body of one of your loved ones?

It's immoral, disrespectul and rather morbid and frankly anybody considering practising such an idea should seek psychiatric help immediately. It just isn't normal.
Original post by Malcolm-X
Well firstly there is the issue of consent as somebody mentioned. A dead person can't give consent (obviously) so to carry out a sexual act on the body could be perceived as immoral or possibly as an assault on the deceased.

Secondly ask yourself this; God forbid it was a member of your family, how would you feel if somebody performed a sex act on the dead body of one of your loved ones?

It's immoral, disrespectul and rather morbid and frankly anybody considering practising such an idea should seek psychiatric help immediately. It just isn't normal.

A person can give consent before they died. I'd be happy to. And if a member of my family gave consent before they died, I'd respect their wishes and choices.

It isn't normal.. but look how many fetishes there are. Basically, who cares? It doesn't hurt anyone, so it shouldn't be a problem. Nobody is completely normal.
Reply 82
Original post by Netsky
Does a bear take a dump in the woods?

No relevance to the thread, but this reminds me of a funny story of when a group of Americans decided to go to the woods, dress up in animal costumes and have a massive orgy, one of the American men in the group mistook an actual bear for one of their orgy members and tried to have sex with the bear, the bear was obviously not having it and shred the poor man to pieces.

The facts:

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

Say it out loud: IS. HAVING. SEX. WITH. A. DEAD. PERSON. WRONG?

If you don't think "Yes"; get help.

The person's dead. If you're that desperate, why not buy a blow-up doll or something?

I really hope that you don't own a morgue or funeral home.
haha, well I'm glad I have your support. If I werea necrophile, I'd not try bodys that were already buried, unless it was VERY recent. I'd get a job that enables me to work in a morge on a regular basis. :smile:

FFS. I suppose everyone should skip the burial and just be cremated instead.
Original post by christine18
Say it out loud: IS. HAVING. SEX. WITH. A. DEAD. PERSON. WRONG?

If you don't think "Yes"; get help.

The person's dead. If you're that desperate, why not buy a blow-up doll or something?

I really hope that you don't own a morgue or funeral home.

WHY?

Why is it wrong to have sex with a dead person?

These answers do not count:
"Mummy and Daddy tell me it's wrong"
"Ew, it seems icky to me!"
"I wouldn't want to do it."
"I wouldn't want it done to me."
"I wouldn't want someone I know to be involved."
"It's not legal."
"It's not normal."
Original post by lightburns
WHY?

Why is it wrong to have sex with a dead person?

These answers do not count:
"Mummy and Daddy tell me it's wrong"
"Ew, it seems icky to me!"
"I wouldn't want to do it."
"I wouldn't want it done to me."
"I wouldn't want someone I know to be involved."
"It's not legal."
"It's not normal."

Because it's F*** creepy.

Ok, that aside...

1. For the necrophile: You do not know if the deceased is carrying a sexually transmitted disease. Thereby endangering public health.

2. Consent.

3. It is inherently disrespectful to the dead body. There's a reason why one cannot wander about in a cemetery and dig up dead bodies. Property rights come into play, here.

4. (Without consent) it would be rape. It is rape, just of a dead person.

5. A decomposing body is HIGHLY unsanitary.

6. Fancy your hypothetical younger sister to be violated by a 500 pound 80 year old man after he death?

7. Wouldn't we have to take into account things like age of the deceased? Otherwise things such as pedophilia can also come into play.

In addition, many countries gives the dead rights to remain undisturbed and unmolested.
In France, there was the Martinot case which is a prime example. Prioux said something like "the dead deserve more respect that they urge" (totally paraphrased). It was the case of a family that stashed their son's body in a freezer.
Though the son gave them consent to do so, Prioux said that consent meant little since the body's inherent right to remain undisturbed after death in a proper burial was violated.

Habeas Corpus also comes into play (like in the example above). The dead have VERY little power when deciding where/how their remains will be tended to. Therefore they cannot exactly choose if they will be buried after death, or be fondled by someone.

Many countries also limit the interactions the living can have with the dead.

It is a steep and slippery slope, and is not as simple as "to each their own" as many have stated. Law are there for a reason. If you wish to have all laws that are standing in the way of necrophilia to be abolished, then you are opening the doors to many things - and not merely the intended.
(edited 13 years ago)
Because it's F*** creepy.

Ok, that aside...

1. For the necrophile: You do not know if the deceased is carrying a sexually transmitted disease. Thereby endangering public health.

They could wear a condom? But this isn't an argument against necrophilia - plenty of people have unprotected sex with live people. That a person is dead makes no difference.

2. Consent.

Pre-death consent

3. It is inherently disrespectful to the dead body. There's a reason why one cannot wander about in a cemetery and dig up dead bodies. Property rights come into play, here.

Respect is subjective. We should respect someone's wishes if they give pre-death consent.

4. (Without consent) it would be rape. It is rape, just of a dead person.

Pre-death consent.

5. A decomposing body is HIGHLY unsanitary.

Their health, not mine. I'd expect to know if a necrophiliac, or anybody at all, had conditions before being in a position to pass them onto me.

6. Fancy your hypothetical younger sister to be violated by a 500 pound 80 year old man after he death?

I respect their wishes - if they don't give consent, I respect that wish and would be unhappy at them being violated. If they give pre-death consent, I would respect that wish.

7. Wouldn't we have to take into account things like age of the deceased? Otherwise things such as pedophilia can also come into play.

Agreed.
If I said no it doesn't you'd be equally as dissatisifed with my answer as I am with yours.

Besides, it's not obvious that the bear does take a dump in the woods, it could be a polar bear.

Polar bears can take dumps in woods.
They could wear a condom? But this isn't an argument against necrophilia - plenty of people have unprotected sex with live people. That a person is dead makes no difference.

Pre-death consent

Respect is subjective. We should respect someone's wishes if they give pre-death consent.

Pre-death consent.

Their health, not mine. I'd expect to know if a necrophiliac, or anybody at all, had conditions before being in a position to pass them onto me.

I respect their wishes - if they don't give consent, I respect that wish and would be unhappy at them being violated. If they give pre-death consent, I would respect that wish.

Agreed.

It's really not that simple. I edited my post above, adding more a few minutes back.
Anyhow, when it comes down to "consent", this may seem silly... but the person who is alive, if not the corpse. Here we're arguing that they're dead (which is a different state of being) and therefore they have lesser rights when it comes to sexual activities. The person isn't a "person" anymore, right?

Well, since the corpse is almost a different entity and it's being violated as opposed to the "person", it should thereby provide consent. Since it cannot, the sexual activity should not take place.

Basically: the consent of the "person" must be rendered void upon death, becoming a "corpse".
Reply 90

The facts:

Would you want someone to violate you after you died?

I thought not.

Unless they have a little "____ has been here" book, how do you know which necrophiles have have sex with the deceased?

One could not be as careful as you are, have aids, have sexual intercourse with the deceased, and leave their infected fluids in the deceased genital area.
Should some stupid bloke come around (with the deceased's consent) and decide to shag her without protection, he would also get infected - even though she was supposedly not infected.

OP said in a later post: "...because the consciousness is now absent."
Well, when one grows old and develops a disease of the mind like Alzheimer's, they lose the right to make their own decisions. OP just shot himself in his necrophiliac foot with his own argument.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by qasman
Would you want someone to violate you after you died?

I thought not.

Weak argument. One would imagine that the OP (should they be a necrophiliac) wouldn't mind having sex with a necrophiliac once dead.
Unless they have a little "____ has been here" book, how do you know which necrophiles have have sex with the deceased?

One could not be as careful as you are, have aids, have sexual intercourse with the deceased, and leave their infected fluids in the deceased genital area.
Should some stupid bloke come around (with the deceased's consent) and decide to shag her without protection, he would also get infected - even though she was supposedly not infected.

Non-necrophiliacs often have a huge host of stds, and don't tell anyone. If unprotected sex is legal, then there is no argument.

OP said in a later post: "...because the consciousness is now absent."
Well, when one grows old and develops a disease of the mind like Alzheimer's, they lose the right to make their own decisions. OP just shot himself in his necrophiliac foot with his own argument.

All you do is say that only the mentally capable can give consent.

In addition, many countries gives the dead rights to remain undisturbed and unmolested.
In France, there was the Martinot case which is a prime example. Prioux said something like "the dead deserve more respect that they urge" (totally paraphrased). It was the case of a family that stashed their son's body in a freezer.
Though the son gave them consent to do so, Prioux said that consent meant little since the body's inherent right to remain undisturbed after death in a proper burial was violated.

I disagree with this. Respect means following the wishes of the person. I believe that the wishes of a dead person (eg. over their funeral) supersede the wishes of live people if it doesn't concern them.

Habeas Corpus also comes into play (like in the example above). The dead have VERY little power when deciding where/how their remains will be tended to. Therefore they cannot exactly choose if they will be buried after death, or be fondled by someone.

Because of this, it must be spelled out clearly in life.

Many countries also limit the interactions the living can have with the dead.

Just because something is law doesn't mean the law is right.

It is a steep and slippery slope, and is not as simple as "to each their own" as many have stated. Law are there for a reason. If you wish to have all laws that are standing in the way of necrophilia to be abolished, then you are opening the doors to many things - and not merely the intended.

The slippery slope argument is a slippery slope in itself. What about the people who are against homosexuality, because gay marriage is opening the doors to so many things, and soon it'll be marriages between three men and a dog?
It's really not that simple. I edited my post above, adding more a few minutes back.
Anyhow, when it comes down to "consent", this may seem silly... but the person who is alive, if not the corpse. Here we're arguing that they're dead (which is a different state of being) and therefore they have lesser rights when it comes to sexual activities. The person isn't a "person" anymore, right?

Well, since the corpse is almost a different entity and it's being violated as opposed to the "person", it should thereby provide consent. Since it cannot, the sexual activity should not take place.

Basically: the consent of the "person" must be rendered void upon death, becoming a "corpse".

The corpse is an object, like a dildo. Can a dildo give consent? No.

The only thing that actually matters is the prior owner of the corpse to give their consent.
1. Non-necrophiliacs often have a huge host of stds, and don't tell anyone. If unprotected sex is legal, then there is no argument.

2. All you do is say that only the mentally capable can give consent.

3. I disagree with this. Respect means following the wishes of the person. I believe that the wishes of a dead person (eg. over their funeral) supersede the wishes of live people if it doesn't concern them.

4. Because of this, it must be spelled out clearly in life.

5. Just because something is law doesn't mean the law is right.

6. The slippery slope argument is a slippery slope in itself. What about the people who are against homosexuality, because gay marriage is opening the doors to so many things, and soon it'll be marriages between three men and a dog?

Last time I'm going through this, as I'm turning in.

1. Your logic is flawed. If person A is going to have sexual intercourse with person B, person A has the ability to ask person B for a STI or STD test. Necrophilia involves a dead person. Someone who is alive CAN ask the deceased to do a test... though they will be disappointed when they receive no answer back.

2. I'm not saying that, laws all over the world are. It comes down to protection of citizens. If an elderly lady is delusional, it is unfair to put them at risk of being taken advantage of.
Surely you wouldn't want someone with say, untreated epilepsy driving?
Now don't say that I'm discriminating against people with epilepsy.

BUT, if you're trying to say that "only the mentally capable can give consent" (another sense to your phrase), then as I had already stated in another post, the dead are mentally/physically unable to make decisions for themselves. Seeing as, you know, THEY'RE DEAD.

4. I don't care if you disagree. It has little to do with respect, and all to do with precedent. When it comes to the law, precedent matters. All rulings matter, as future cases can appeal in regards to precedent.

5. Should society accept the "consent" idea, the necrophiliac must go to great lengths to prove that the statement was not coerced from the deceased (when they were alive), they were mentally stable, and did in fact give their consent.

And quite frankly, I doubt that someone would go to such great lengths seeing as they can just go to a slag-for-hire and pay them a few quid to play-dead.

6. Oh gee, then appeal it worldwide. That's THE most childish argument that you have provided, by far. Following that logic, should one think that adults should be able to have sexual intercourse with children, and that the law isn't necessarily right, they should go ahead and have sex with the child regardless?

7. No, it is by no means the same thing. OK'ing necrophilia opens the doors to things like pedophilia-postmortem, rape and such.

What does allowing gay marriage open doors to? Dogs of the same sex getting married? because marriage between three men and a dog is completely apart from gay marriage, seeing as that calls both bestiality and polygamy into question.

---

Now. I have no more time for these circular arguments, seeing as you'll just revert to inherently flawed arguments that [I suppose] seem witty in your mind, such as: "The slippery slope argument is a slippery slope in itself."

And obviously childish notions such as: "Just because something is law doesn't mean the law is right". Well, obviously, Einstein. Go throw a tantrum.
Though the former may be true, that doesn't validate it as an argument. It's baseless.

People make laws for people. If humans are still evolving and maturing (as a race) then the laws will obviously be subjective to the lawmakers in question and to their electoral body - which are [surprise, surprise] are made of alive people.

Also... Laws are voted for by democratically elected leaders. Should you have a problem with the ones in place, do something about it by either dealing directly with MPs or through NGOs.

With that said; good night.
The corpse is an object, like a dildo. Can a dildo give consent? No.

The only thing that actually matters is the prior owner of the corpse to give their consent.

Wrong. What the "alive" person did prior to is utterly irrelevant. Because as stated above, the consent [given during their lifetime] becomes void upon death.

A dildo is rubber. Generally.
Well, if it's deemed immoral.....
I guess I've got a lot of apologies to make XD
Let's say the friends/family of the deceased don't find out, but wouldn't the fact that they would be traumatised if they find out make it immoral? If you see what I mean....
Last time I'm going through this, as I'm turning in.

1. Your logic is flawed. If person A is going to have sexual intercourse with person B, person A has the ability to ask person B for a STI or STD test. Necrophilia involves a dead person. Someone who is alive CAN ask the deceased to do a test... though they will be disappointed when they receive no answer back.

If the person refuses to have an STI/D test, then the other person has to make the decision whether or not to have sex and how much protection to use. This is the case for a necrophiliac.

2. I'm not saying that, laws all over the world are. It comes down to protection of citizens. If an elderly lady is delusional, it is unfair to put them at risk of being taken advantage of.
Surely you wouldn't want someone with say, untreated epilepsy driving?
Now don't say that I'm discriminating against people with epilepsy.

I agree with this. If there are any known psychological reasons that would mean that a person is unable to make that decision, they should not be allowed to.

BUT, if you're trying to say that "only the mentally capable can give consent" (another sense to your phrase), then as I had already stated in another post, the dead are mentally/physically unable to make decisions for themselves. Seeing as, you know, THEY'RE DEAD.

A corpse doesn't matter. The prior owner does.

4. I don't care if you disagree. It has little to do with respect, and all to do with precedent. When it comes to the law, precedent matters. All rulings matter, as future cases can appeal in regards to precedent.

I believe a person has a right over their own body even after death..

5. Should society accept the "consent" idea, the necrophiliac must go to great lengths to prove that the statement was not coerced from the deceased (when they were alive), they were mentally stable, and did in fact give their consent.

People give their consent to donate organs. That is managed okay - the same could be used for necrophiliacs.

And quite frankly, I doubt that someone would go to such great lengths seeing as they can just go to a slag-for-hire and pay them a few quid to play-dead.

Who knows. I guess that just isn't the same for a necrophiliac.

6. Oh gee, then appeal it worldwide. That's THE most childish argument that you have provided, by far. Following that logic, should one think that adults should be able to have sexual intercourse with children, and that the law isn't necessarily right, they should go ahead and have sex with the child regardless?

You've completely misunderstood me. Each thing should be judged rightly or wrongly by itself. Necrophilia should be judged by itself - it has nothing to do with paedophilia, and the fear of the latter should not close conversation on the former.

7. No, it is by no means the same thing. OK'ing necrophilia opens the doors to things like pedophilia-postmortem, rape and such.

What does allowing gay marriage open doors to? Dogs of the same sex getting married? because marriage between three men and a dog is completely apart from gay marriage, seeing as that calls both bestiality and polygamy into question.

Exactly. But users of the slippery-slope argument worry that any movement away from traditional marriage will go against laws that prevent a whole host of other things.

---

Now. I have no more time for these circular arguments, seeing as you'll just revert to inherently flawed arguments that [I suppose] seem witty in your mind, such as: "The slippery slope argument is a slippery slope in itself."

It's truth, not wit. Using a slippery slope argument opens the doors to accepting all the other slippery slope arguments, as they use the same logic. Before you know it, you're against all sorts of things.

And obviously childish notions such as: "Just because something is law doesn't mean the law is right". Well, obviously, Einstein. Go throw a tantrum.
Though the former may be true, that doesn't validate it as an argument. It's baseless.

I wasn't making an argument. I was opposing the idea that "law = right". That's all.

People make laws for people. If humans are still evolving and maturing (as a race) then the laws will obviously be subjective to the lawmakers in question and to their electoral body - which are [surprise, surprise] are made of alive people.

Also... Laws are voted for by democratically elected leaders. Should you have a problem with the ones in place, do something about it by either dealing directly with MPs or through NGOs.

Okay..

It seems you have misunderstood quite a number I said...

Wrong. What the "alive" person did prior to is utterly irrelevant. Because as stated above, the consent [given during their lifetime] becomes void upon death.

A dildo is rubber. Generally.

The corpse is not a living, conscious being. It is an object. It has no rights of its own. Either, the prior owner has rights over it and the corpse should be respected, or it is just an object and anyone can lay claim over it.

Night
I find it amusing that there's a srs discussion about f***ing a corpse. Only on TSR.

Latest

Trending

Trending