The Student Room Group

Helpful psychology mnemonics help please aqa a level

any acronyms poems songs mnemonics you use for remebring content, studies and key bits
Original post by gloopwaffles4
any acronyms poems songs mnemonics you use for remebring content, studies and key bits

this one is a bit dumb but
andy
is
so
moody

for the stages of attachment (asocial, indiscriminate, single, multiple)
thanks so much , very appreciated :smile:

Original post by anon-.-
this one is a bit dumb but
andy
is
so
moody

for the stages of attachment (asocial, indiscriminate, single, multiple)
Hello, here are a couple general acronyms I find useful, but feel free to adjust them to fit your style.

How to evaluate studies:
Generalisability
Reliability
Applications
Validity
Ethical Considerations

For the ethical guidelines:
When Doing Psychology, Don't Do Immoral Conduct.
Withdrawal
Deception
Protection
Deception
Data
Informed consent
Competence

And for key studies I often use diagrams to which you can include details to reference different parts of the procedure, for example in Loftus and Palmer's study on eye witness testimony a small car with a cracked window and a speech bubble with "Bang!/Crash!" written inside. This represents the participants watching videos of cars crashing, whether their was shattered glass & what vocabulary was used to describe the crash (differed amongst participant groups). Doesn't have to be a good drawing or anything, just a quick sketch on a piece of extra paper that you can ask for in the exam.

Hope this helps:smile:
Original post by please help me x
Hello, here are a couple general acronyms I find useful, but feel free to adjust them to fit your style.

How to evaluate studies:
Generalisability
Reliability
Applications
Validity
Ethical Considerations

For the ethical guidelines:
When Doing Psychology, Don't Do Immoral Conduct.
Withdrawal
Deception
Protection
Deception
Data
Informed consent
Competence

And for key studies I often use diagrams to which you can include details to reference different parts of the procedure, for example in Loftus and Palmer's study on eye witness testimony a small car with a cracked window and a speech bubble with "Bang!/Crash!" written inside. This represents the participants watching videos of cars crashing, whether their was shattered glass & what vocabulary was used to describe the crash (differed amongst participant groups). Doesn't have to be a good drawing or anything, just a quick sketch on a piece of extra paper that you can ask for in the exam.

Hope this helps:smile:

thank you so much !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending