The Student Room Group

Can a married man have a crush on a younger woman?

Even if he's a decent, loyal man and would never act on it, is it possible for a married guy to be attracted to a younger woman? Like much younger, say 25-30 years younger?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Even if he's a decent, loyal man and would never act on it, is it possible for a married guy to be attracted to a younger woman? Like much younger, say 25-30 years younger?

Yes a married man can have a crush on a younger woman, anyone who'd married can as long as their crush isn't under the age of 18 and they don't do anything like cheating then it's alright.
Reply 2
Yes, men have a tendency to be dirty horses and more than that if an attractive woman 25-30 years younger was foolish enough to be up for it then a proportion of married men would be prepared to throw the cards in the air for it
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Even if he's a decent, loyal man and would never act on it, is it possible for a married guy to be attracted to a younger woman?

'Decent, loyal, married' and 'attracted to someone else' in the same sentence?

That's emotional cheating, and very telling that you're asking if it's possible, rather than what should be done about it. Which one are you in this situation, or are you 'asking for a friend'?

Look - Being attracted to someone isn't a crime. Yes, someone can be attracted to someone even if they're younger. They can find them emotionally attractive, physically attractive, intellectually attractive or just have a vibe with them.

In fact, you're probably friends with lots of people you wouldn't sleep with even if you find them attractive. I'm guessing most of your real friends, you find intellectually attractive. I'm guessing you have a few people you are emotionally attracted to without being physically attracted to.

You can also be physically attracted to someone without it being a crime because, shock horror, libido exists!
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
'Decent, loyal, married' and 'attracted to someone else' in the same sentence?

That's emotional cheating, and very telling that you're asking if it's possible, rather than what should be done about it. Which one are you in this situation, or are you 'asking for a friend'?

Whilst I normally agree with you on most things, I most definitely do not find this cheating. Acting on the feelings would be, as would letting the person concerned believe that you would act on those feelings if they were willing, but acknowledging to yourself that someone else is good looking, intelligent, funny, good company etc but remaining faithful to your partner is how most long lasting marriages have stood the test of time.

25-30 yeards younger is alot and its weird. that being said, if he finds them attractive and has a crush thats fine but acting on those feelings are not
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Look - Being attracted to someone isn't a crime. Yes, someone can be attracted to someone even if they're younger. They can find them emotionally attractive, physically attractive, intellectually attractive or just have a vibe with them.

In fact, you're probably friends with lots of people you wouldn't sleep with even if you find them attractive. I'm guessing most of your real friends, you find intellectually attractive. I'm guessing you have a few people you are emotionally attracted to without being physically attracted to.

You can also be physically attracted to someone without it being a crime because, shock horror, libido exists!

if i am physically attracted to one , emotionally to other, intellectually to one more and taking vibes from one more,

than who ** i will marry?
if i am physically attracted to one , emotionally to other, intellectually to one more and taking vibes from one more,

That's a great question. You have to use your head when you're dating. Don't marry someone you have nothing in common with. You'll both gain weight. You'll both get mad at one another. If the only thing you have in common is sex, you're going to have a long and rocky marriage ahead of you. Marry someone you respect and who you can talk to, someone who you can be silent with and still enjoy them. Marry someone you can see yourself with.
Reply 9

None of the above. They all need someone committed to them and not someone who hasn’t found the right one yet.
(edited 6 months ago)

Yes. For centuries, the top tier men have exercised their options. Cheating is different for men and women.
If you're married then I would argue that it's immoral to crush on another person. It's okay to find other people attractive but these thoughts should never be ruminated upon.
Reply 12
Original post by Euapp
Whilst I normally agree with you on most things, I most definitely do not find this cheating. Acting on the feelings would be, as would letting the person concerned believe that you would act on those feelings if they were willing, but acknowledging to yourself that someone else is good looking, intelligent, funny, good company etc but remaining faithful to your partner is how most long lasting marriages have stood the test of time.

Finding someone attractive and being attracted to someone are very different things...
Reply 13

of course ,the man still like a young girl,when he die

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending