The Student Room Group

And I did so well at GCSE... (AQA Business AS)

I took Business Studies at GCSE, got through it perfectly fine, top mark in the year, A* the GCSE overall. I decided to take it up again at A Level, and wow was that a mistake. We're doing it through AQA, and I just seem to have faltered so much. Business was my top subject at GCSE through ICAA, and I loved it, it's now turned into my least favourite subject of all.

Has anyone got some pointers for it? I have my BUSS1 exam coming up in 2 weeks and I'm fretting it so much, especially after I got a D in my mock exam. It's those essay questions I always trip up on, we never had them at GCSE since we weren't using a useless exam board, but now half the paper is made up of them and I fear I'm completely screwed...
Reply 1
there is a big gap between GSCE business and A level - it's much closer to university level. Best thing to do is past exam papers until you understand all the different types of questions and how to work them out since the questions that will come up in the next exam are essentially the same with some variables changed.
Reply 2
unit one is piss easy
All subjects are tougher at A-level, just up your game
I've heard that business studies at A level is just a more detailed study of the same things at GCSE. Though I haven't taken it just what I heard.
Reply 5
Original post by HiddenPassenger
I've heard that business studies at A level is just a more detailed study of the same things at GCSE. Though I haven't taken it just what I heard.

It is, it's just that even though I do evaluations I never seem to be getting marks for evaluation in these questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending