The Student Room Group

A levels

Hi can anyone tell me what a level business and geography is like because i want to do both but i have to pick one because i have already picked my other options? (like whether it is hard/easy or fun/boring) thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Agent599494
Hi can anyone tell me what a level business and geography is like because i want to do both but i have to pick one because i have already picked my other options? (like whether it is hard/easy or fun/boring) thanks

Do u know which exam boards they are? If u actually enjoy geo, then pick that, but if ur looking for smth that is rlly easy and has LOTS of resources, I'd recommend business bcos it's genuinely rlly comprehensible
Reply 2
i think its aqa for both. But the problem is i enjoy both subjects but maybe geography a bit more and i would say im quite good at both but maybe a little better in business? so i really don't know what to do becasue i really want to get a good grade like a A/A*
Reply 3

Heya!
I would recommend checking out the content and the past papers to see what is ahead of you! If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use to check out the content and past papers :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend checking out the content and the past papers to see what is ahead of you! If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use to check out the content and past papers :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

thanks. ill check it out
Reply 5
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

which would you say is easier to get an A* in because at the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as i get an A*
Reply 6
which would you say is easier to get an A* in because at the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as i get an A*

Business, 100%
One of my siblings did both geo and business and wanted nothing more than to drop geo at the first available opportunity XD
I did both at GCSE and wud say that it's so much easier to do business (bcos u legit just have to memorise the writing frames and get an easy A)
There's also a rlly amazing YTber - Bizconsesh who is amazing and literally explains everything u need to know for business if ur ever confused
It is ur choice tho, if u feel ur confident in geo, defo pick it, everyone has their own strengths, but based on my experience (and my classmates who also did geo and business), everyone scored better on business compared to Geo...
Reply 7
Original post by Amatullaah
Business, 100%
One of my siblings did both geo and business and wanted nothing more than to drop geo at the first available opportunity XD
I did both at GCSE and wud say that it's so much easier to do business (bcos u legit just have to memorise the writing frames and get an easy A)
There's also a rlly amazing YTber - Bizconsesh who is amazing and literally explains everything u need to know for business if ur ever confused
It is ur choice tho, if u feel ur confident in geo, defo pick it, everyone has their own strengths, but based on my experience (and my classmates who also did geo and business), everyone scored better on business compared to Geo...

thanks for your help. i really appreciate it. icl i have used bizconcesh in my gcse revision and he has been very usefull :smile:. i also picked both geography and business for gcse and right now i have done two geography papers and one business paper (have the next one tomorrow) and geography paper 1 and business paper 1 were i would say equally really easy but paper 2 for geography was still quite good but harder then i expected just because i had to rush so much to finish all the questions but on the plus i did finish the paper and i know a lot of people who missed full questions because of time.
Reply 8
thanks for your help though
Reply 9
thanks for your help. i really appreciate it. icl i have used bizconcesh in my gcse revision and he has been very usefull :smile:. i also picked both geography and business for gcse and right now i have done two geography papers and one business paper (have the next one tomorrow) and geography paper 1 and business paper 1 were i would say equally really easy but paper 2 for geography was still quite good but harder then i expected just because i had to rush so much to finish all the questions but on the plus i did finish the paper and i know a lot of people who missed full questions because of time.

I hope all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest