The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1

For anyone doing edexcel chemistry you'll know that since 2009, multiple choice questions have been added to the exam paper separating the paper into two sections.

This means that there are 4 past papers available, the older papers are a different spec.

So I would like some advice on what I should do, should I just do the 4 past papers available for the new spec and make sure I know them thoroughly or should I just try do the older spec past papers as well?
Reply 1
I'm hoping the 4 will be enough - there's a wide variety of questions and the Jan 10 one seems good practice for a "tough" exam.
Reply 2
how do you get the jan 2010 and june 2010 past papers? you have to have a login?

we did the jan 2010 paper as a mock before we broke up for xmas and i got 69/80 :biggrin: 86.25% which was bril

hows your preparation going?
Interestingly, from the mark schemes, in calculation questions, the correct answer alone scores full marks. This can you save you a lot of time in certain questions when writing out the working can be tedious. Does anyone know about whether this is true for all of the calculation questions?
Reply 4
Original post by NinjaRikki
how do you get the jan 2010 and june 2010 past papers? you have to have a login?

we did the jan 2010 paper as a mock before we broke up for xmas and i got 69/80 :biggrin: 86.25% which was bril

hows your preparation going?

Thats great!. I got the paper from

http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-new-syllabus-biology-physics-chemistry-pastpapers!!!!!!!/?action=printpage

they got all june 2010 papers/
Reply 5
Do I need to know the equation density = mass/volume for unit 1 chemistry (edexcel)?
Reply 6
Original post by Joseph46
Do I need to know the equation density = mass/volume for unit 1 chemistry (edexcel)?

No. You should know:

Volume = no. of moles/concentration
Volume = no. of moles x Molar Volume
Mass = no. of moles x Formula mass
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jukeboxing

Original post by Jukeboxing
No. You should know:

Volume = no. of moles/concentration
Volume = no. of moles x Molar Volume
Mass = no. of moles x Formula mass

thanx
Reply 8
Does anyone have the June 2010 unit 1 chemistry (edexcel) ?
Reply 9
Original post by Joseph46
Does anyone have the June 2010 unit 1 chemistry (edexcel) ?

http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpap...tion=printpage
Reply 10
I just solved both June10 and Jan10 and I hope we will have something like this tomorrow since both of them weren't so hard.
Reply 11
Good luck, guys.
Bear in mind people there's no discussion of edexcel exam content on the day the exam is set due it being done all over the world. See the announcement regarding this topic.

Latest

Trending

Trending