The Student Room Group

Deutsche Bank final round interview

What can I expect for a final round in S&T?
A numerical test and 3 interviews is what I've been invited to. Can anybody offer any advice on the interviews?

Thanks
Reply 1
Same! but for corporate finance.
i have never done a case study before, im pretty worried
Reply 2
Original post by Zürich
What can I expect for a final round in S&T?
A numerical test and 3 interviews is what I've been invited to. Can anybody offer any advice on the interviews?

Thanks

Hey,
For the final round I've been told that
"The Interviews will cover competency-based questions along with business awareness, problem solving and analytical thinking questions. The names of your interviewers will be made known to you on the day of the interview. "

What kind of problem solving/analytical questions did you get in your AC?

Cheers
Reply 3
Original post by TI-84
Hey,
"The Interviews will cover competency-based questions along with business awareness, problem solving and analytical thinking questions. The names of your interviewers will be made known to you on the day of the interview. "

Cheers

When did you have your 1st round?
Reply 4
Original post by Rex Regis
When did you have your 1st round?

yesterday, i got the final round invite in the evening.
However, it seems that I might not be able to attend the final round..they've set up two ACs on the 21st & 28th. However i've got uni exams on both days and their saying that there isn't another AC.
Reply 5
Out of curiosity, is this for Summer or Grad? Congratulations too.
Reply 6
I had my first round on the same day as you, but haven't heard anything. I guess it's a rejection.

Try working something out with them, would be a shame to lose that opportunity.
Reply 7
Original post by zef99
Out of curiosity, is this for Summer or Grad? Congratulations too.

Thanks, it's for summer internships.

I had my first round on the same day as you, but haven't heard anything. I guess it's a rejection.

Try working something out with them, would be a shame to lose that opportunity.

Well, they did specify to me 5 working days..I wouldn't lose hope yet.
what division did you apply for?
I have sorted something out, i'll be taking the "resit" examination in the summer. University was kind enough to offer me that alternative.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
You were right - I got an invitation this morning. Also for S&T, but they told me it will take place on the 2nd of February and that they they will send more details in the upcoming weeks.
Reply 9
You were right - I got an invitation this morning. Also for S&T, but they told me it will take place on the 2nd of February and that they they will send more details in the upcoming weeks.

See?
Congratulations. Now there's two of us who would like to know how the interview's etc are formatted :p:
Though I didn't apply for S&T, I applied for DB finance.
Reply 10
Original post by TI-84
See?
Congratulations. Now there's two of us who would like to know how the interview's etc are formatted :p:
Though I didn't apply for S&T, I applied for DB finance.

3 interviews. I had one competency, one where we talked exclusively about the markets and one which was technical.

Depends on the interviewer 100%

good luck
Reply 11
Original post by Zürich
3 interviews. I had one competency, one where we talked exclusively about the markets and one which was technical.

Depends on the interviewer 100%

good luck

What would a technical interview be? :colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by TI-84
What would a technical interview be? :colondollar:

how the greeks change over time, logic of CAPM and a few brainteasers(mine were on poker)

nothing difficult
Reply 13
Original post by Zürich
how the greeks change over time, logic of CAPM and a few brainteasers(mine were on poker)

nothing difficult

Thanks for the info!

Did you take any finance modules that they asked you about CAPM?
Reply 14
Thanks for the info!

Did you take any finance modules that they asked you about CAPM?

Yes.
Reply 15
Original post by Zürich

nothing difficult

interesting. As an engineer applying to DB Finance I don't feel that they would be asking about greek options/CAPM.
I guess I'll do some finance revision though.
Reply 16
Original post by Zürich

nothing difficult

Was this for a SA position?
Original post by TI-84
Hey,

Cheers

Never believe HR on ANYTHING, they don't have your interests in mind and want to fill quotas. Just remember to maneuver in a politically intelligent way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending