Original post by lroberts25
Me!! Geography (F800) :smile:

Yay :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Pheebs1201

Hopefully see you in October! Are you going catered or self catered?
Hopefully see you in October! Are you going catered or self catered?

Self catered, my favourite it Richmond Terrace :love:

How about you? :smile:
Has anyone heard for French or anything including French? I've got offers from my other 4 so I hope Bristol hurries up.
Original post by Rickelton
People should hear from today (if you are a UK applicant)

Im waiting too...

Oh, ok thanks a lot. I see you also have an offer from Nottingham, another university I am waiting on.

When did you apply and then receive the offer, and I don't suppose you know what the kind of quantity of offers have been giving out from Nottingham until this point in time, or if there's anyone you've heard has been rejected?

I applied about a month ago, but I've only heard from Bath so far.

Cheers
Self catered, my favourite it Richmond Terrace :love:

How about you? :smile:

Most likely catered, I'm not known for my practicality at the best of times... I'd probably end up surviving on cold, tinned beans :P. Atm, I like the look of Hiatt Baker or Wills. I've got a friend who's in HB this year and he loves it! Are you from near Bristol?
Most likely catered, I'm not known for my practicality at the best of times... I'd probably end up surviving on cold, tinned beans :P. Atm, I like the look of Hiatt Baker or Wills. I've got a friend who's in HB this year and he loves it! Are you from near Bristol?

Ahaha I see- cold beans dont sound appealing! Im hoping to learn, after all during second and third year if we move into a house we gonna have to cook then too right? I do see where youre coming from though! I dont know if you would call it near Bristol, but Im in Cornwall at the mo so not too far. How about you? :smile:
Reply 747
Original post by robinyourpersie
Oh, ok thanks a lot. I see you also have an offer from Nottingham, another university I am waiting on.

When did you apply and then receive the offer, and I don't suppose you know what the kind of quantity of offers have been giving out from Nottingham until this point in time, or if there's anyone you've heard has been rejected?

I applied about a month ago, but I've only heard from Bath so far.

Cheers

sent on 14th October, got an offer from nottingham 9 days later
i don't know why i got rejected

A*A*A*A* predicted
95% AVG in AS levels
more than 10 A*s at GCSE

-- i've been told i have a strong personal statement and good reference....

- very confused and sad :frown:
Rejected from Engineering Design. They've passed my application onto Engineering Mathematics though. Not sure if I want to do that... :\
Reply 750
Original post by akhaliq
I've been predicted AAB but applied to Bristol anyway since they actually make AAA-AAB offers for Biology. I actually got rejected by them though, probably because my AS's were much lower than that (BBB).
I think your predicted grades are fine. What did you get at AS though? I think whether or not the two match maybe matters more?

Ah sorry, have you had offers from other unis? I got AAAB at AS... not the best ums scores in the world, I didn't put them down on my UCAS though. I think my B might be my best result this year though... it was just a sickening mistake really :frown:.
Original post by flowerystreams
i don't know why i got rejected

A*A*A*A* predicted
95% AVG in AS levels
more than 10 A*s at GCSE

-- i've been told i have a strong personal statement and good reference....

- very confused and sad :frown:

Sorry to hear of your rejection but nobody is guaranteed a place and unfortunately Bristol is very competitive, especially this year.

Which course did you apply for?
Original post by hayheyley
Sorry to hear of your rejection but nobody is guaranteed a place and unfortunately Bristol is very competitive, especially this year.

Which course did you apply for?

Social Policy!

are you going to B next year?
Reply 753

I'll be firming my Politics offer pretty soon I think :smile:
Original post by Samg123
I'll be firming my Politics offer pretty soon I think :smile:

Great! What accommodation do you like the look of? Its so tempting to firm now that I have all my offers but Im restraining myself, I want to go to all the post offer open days first so I can decide which one to put as Insurance :tongue:
Original post by flowerystreams
Social Policy!

are you going to B next year?

Oh right, I hope you've had better luck with your other choices! :smile: I am waiting for a decision from Bristol (I applied for Psychology) so who knows :dontknow:
Reply 756
Great! What accommodation do you like the look of? Its so tempting to firm now that I have all my offers but Im restraining myself, I want to go to all the post offer open days first so I can decide which one to put as Insurance :tongue:

I'll be going for the cheapest self catering I can find :wink:

Any ideas what that would be?
Original post by Samg123
I'll be going for the cheapest self catering I can find :wink:

Any ideas what that would be?

Umm let me think... http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/unires/ugsc/

Thats all the self-catered, have a browse :tongue:
Reply 758
Umm let me think... http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/unires/ugsc/

Thats all the self-catered, have a browse :tongue:

Hmmm probably University Hall then- the walk will do me good :smile:
Did you get offers and rejections on a weekend? That's odd. BUT well done for the offers anyway, especially you Pheebs- AAB WOW

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending