The Student Room Group

"What the world needs is a war."

Now, first let me just say none of the following represents my own views. Was just something one of the other students in my Gov Pol class brought up, and it got me thinking. And I thought I'd start a discussion on TSR with that topic in mind.

So, his points where that with all the crap going on in Isreal / Palastine, now Egypt, international relations (not my own views) going down the toilet - and generally the world pushing itself into coalitions (not my own views) - we need a war to sort out both ourselves and our political, social and economical aspects. (Especially not my own view).

But what do you think? Would a war help organize the World? Or do you think it would just cause more problems then it would - maybe - solve?

Does the World need a Third-World-War? Discuss.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DH-Biker
Now, first let me just say none of the following represents my own views. Was just something one of the other students in my Gov Pol class brought up, and it got me thinking. And I thought I'd start a discussion on TSR with that topic in mind.

So, his points where that with all the crap going on in Isreal / Palastine, now Egypt, international relations (not my own views) going down the toilet - and generally the world pushing itself into coalitions (not my own views) - we need a war to sort out both ourselves and our political, social and economical aspects. (Especially not my own view).

But what do you think? Would a war help organize the World? Or do you think it would just cause more problems then it would - maybe - solve?

That.
Reply 2
There may one day be a war; a Holy war. When? I don't know.
Reply 3
I agree. I would be fully prepared to sacrifice millions of lives for the sake of improved economic stability.
Reply 4
Original post by Bobifier
I agree. I would be fully prepared to sacrifice millions of lives for the sake of improved economic stability.

Me too; but it would make more economic sense to make them work as slaves.

Julius had it right..
Reply 5
No way, a war is the last thing the world needs! War should never be an answer :s-smilie:
Kid's a bit of a retard.
Reply 7
Original post by yituool
Kid's a bit of a retard.

He is. But it proved a trigger to a fairly interesting debate we held in Class after his comment. The teacher did look at him with a fairly high-raised eye-brow, though. :cool:

I just thought I'd bring the debate onto here. See what you all thought. We reached much the same conclusion as has been suggested here; that its a terrible idea.

He was alone in his dreams for global, multi-nation war. :cool:
this is actually similar to something we were discussing in history about how the cold war was actually very beneficial in stopping other wars as you belonged to one side and that side cared about you as it didn't want to lose your support, but ever since it ended, everyone is fighting each other
Original post by Bobifier

why not social? isn't social unrest the cause...
Was this politics class taken at your local school for the mentally challenged? seriously, the the hell.
Reply 11
Original post by DH-Biker

We are heading towards WW3 yes, but we don't need it. It's being engineered to usher in the one world government.
Reply 12
Original post by Reformed2010
Was this politics class taken at your local school for the mentally challenged? seriously, the the hell.

What, so because one person said it, the rest of us are mentally-challenged?
(edited 13 years ago)
we need a war to sort out both ourselves and our political, social and economical aspects. this is what the U.S wants you to believe and its theorectical greedy bankers its underlined the recent problems in egypt as egypts failed to except its free market colonialism now its wants to over turn its government. The most profitable thing in the world is war the U.S wants everyone especially islamic countries to accept the free market system or ANY COUNTRY WHO HOLDS NATURAL RESOURCES OR OF TANGIBLE STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE TO THE U.S! it uses the mainstream media as its most powerful weapon open your eyes theres somebody pulling the strings behind the curtain. :smile:

1) im not a muslim
2) im educated
Reply 14
Why would you need a war? Surely if this is about population reduction in light of diminishing resources then you could say, exterminate in people in every 10 (decimation - as per Marcus Licinius Crassus in the late Roman Republic) or just request that say, everyone over 60 is err... put to sleep?

Not that this would be a good idea.
Reply 15
Why do countless millions of innocent humans have to die, because people in power can't sort out their own problems. Furthermore, what would a war improve ? surely it'd make things worse and harder to get back to normal.

Communication is what is needed between those stuck up people in power. Not another war.

I can't believe how insensitive people are, as if there aren't enough people in the world dying.
Reply 16
Original post by effofex
Why would you need a war? Surely if this is about population reduction in light of diminishing resources then you could say, exterminate in people in every 10 (decimation - as per Marcus Licinius Crassus in the late Roman Republic) or just request that say, everyone over 60 is err... put to sleep?

Not that this would be a good idea.

Because for some reason people think killing people in their own country is horrific but killing people from other countries is okay.

There will not be another world war if people refuse to fight it, I really hope humanity can save itself in time and realise who the real enemy is.
Reply 17
Poor shout.
Only if people who want the war are willing to be fighting on the front of the frontline with all their family and friends next to them. No? Alright then. Moving on...
Reply 19
Only if it was cool. With swords and bows and trained tigers and chimps riding pterodactyls and sharks with fricking lasers attached to their heads.

Latest

Trending

Trending