The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8920
Norwegian Wood
Reply 8921
The Tibetan Book of the Dead
A History of Modern Britain by Andrew Marr.
Reply 8923
The Behaviour of Moths by Poppy Adams
Original post by No Future
Post!

Just finished "the hobbit" was disappointed with the ending. i got a choice of books that i own but haven't read any yet so which should i read first?

Lord of the Rings: the fellowship of the ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The curious incident of a dog in the nighttime
Brave new worlds
The Children of Men
Minority Report
Black Hawk Down

which should i read first?
Reply 8925
Original post by big-boss-91
Just finished "the hobbit" was disappointed with the ending. i got a choice of books that i own but haven't read any yet so which should i read first?

Brave new worlds
The Children of Men
Minority Report
Black Hawk Down

The Curiois Incident is an awesome book! Really interesting and definately worth reading :smile:. Lord of the Rings, do I need to say anything? :biggrin:
Original post by mmckn
The Curiois Incident is an awesome book! Really interesting and definately worth reading :smile:. Lord of the Rings, do I need to say anything? :biggrin:

when i said to my friends that i bought the lord of the rings book trilogy, they told me to not bother as it'll take years to finish the books? are they right?

Brave new worlds
The Children of Men
Minority Report
Black Hawk Down

Minority report, based solely on the fact that the film kicks ass.
I've read the first lord of the rings; it's good, there's a tonne of content that was missed out of the film. I wouldn't read the trilogy first, however, because it will take you ages. Wait until your waiting list is a little lower :tongue:

Original post by mmckn

Oh, the 'curious incident' is absolute garbage. Anyone can write mundane crap and excuse it by saying it was important to the character; same goes for the poor writing.
Original post by TheGrandmaster
A History of Modern Britain by Andrew Marr.

Ah, I loved that book!
Reply 8929
when i said to my friends that i bought the lord of the rings book trilogy, they told me to not bother as it'll take years to finish the books? are they right?

I finished it in under a month:confused: It depends on how fast a reader you are :biggrin:
Reply 8930
Original post by TimmonaPortella

Oh, the 'curious incident' is absolute garbage. Anyone can write mundane crap and excuse it by saying it was important to the character; same goes for the poor writing.

How is it mundane crap? It is an enjoyable book well worth reading in my opinion. Also how is the writing poor? :frown:
Reply 8931
I'm reading two at the moment:

Trust Me, I'm A Junior Doctor - Max Pemberton
Entangled - Cat Clarke
Original post by mmckn
How is it mundane crap? It is an enjoyable book well worth reading in my opinion. Also how is the writing poor? :frown:

Sorry if that sounded hostile, I just wasn't a fan. It came across like nothing really happened, and the tone got on my nerves.
Ofc it comes down to opinion.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Minority report, based solely on the fact that the film kicks ass.
I've read the first lord of the rings; it's good, there's a tonne of content that was missed out of the film. I wouldn't read the trilogy first, however, because it will take you ages. Wait until your waiting list is a little lower :tongue:

my reading list will never get lower, i just ordered 10 more books from amazon!
i read "the curious incident" and found it funny when it first came out
Reply 8934
Currently reading Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre, absolutely brilliant book!
Reply 8935
I'm reading The Life of Pi. Frankly it's weird. It's an interesting story and all but in no way do I relate.
Sorta counting down the pages which is always a bit rubbish.
Dante - divine comedy,
Bill hicks - Love all people
Stephen king - full dark no stars,
Poe - complete works
Gross - psychology,
(plus uni ones for course when needed)
Reply 8937
Original post by Saffie
I'm reading The Life of Pi. Frankly it's weird. It's an interesting story and all but in no way do I relate.
Sorta counting down the pages which is always a bit rubbish.

If you think it's weird, just wait till you read the ending :s-smilie:
Just finished The Reader and am about to embark on Nineteen Eighty Four, which I'm really looking forward to reading! :biggrin: I also want to read Anna Karenina at some point, though it'll probably have to be during the summer holidays when I have a little more time to read for pleasure.

That said, I'm technically reading Othello, The Rape of the Lock, School for Scandal, Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea at the moment, too. Damnit English A-level! :tongue:
Reply 8939
I'm just about to start Goodnight Mr Tom, loved the film so I hope the book is just as amazing :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending