The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by 108
got an offer for Acc & Fin. Offer is AAA + b (at AS Level). I applied December 1st.

Congrats on the offer. What were your predicted grades and results at AS Level if you dont mind me asking?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1581
Original post by tablelamp
hey guys warwick have offered me an online interview as i cannot make the interview date, has anyone had this or know what it entails? x

hey, they just told me to fill up an online form. at the top of the page it said not to repeat anything i have already written. however, the questions basically just asked me the same thing i wrote in my ps. so i left it blank. and submitted. ( there was a bit on the link that says if you have nothing further to add you dont have to, and your application would not be affected, but would only be considered based on your ucas details. )
i dont know if it went thorught tho. cause when i log in it still asks me to fill in the online form. :/ anyone?
Reply 1582
So happy, just got an offer for PPE! :-)
Original post by GiGiJar
still haven't received anything from Warwick
I applied for Biological Science

Is that a good thing that I am not yet rejected and still have a chance?
Or does this mean I have no chance at all?

I have a friend who's applied for the exact same course. She hasn't heard anything either even though she applied in mid Oct so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Possibly just the department=).

On a different note got an offer for Chemistry with Managment yesterday. Very happy=).
Reply 1584
hey guys warwick have offered me an online interview as i cannot make the interview date, has anyone had this or know what it entails? x

They offered you an online interview? wow i asked them and they said they 'dont do online interviews'. This is a little sad :s-smilie:
Reply 1585
Original post by BeritV
So happy, just got an offer for PPE! :-)

Congratulations! When did you apply?
Original post by GiGiJar
still haven't received anything from Warwick
I applied for Biological Science

Is that a good thing that I am not yet rejected and still have a chance?
Or does this mean I have no chance at all?

What grades/subjects did you do last year? Me and my friend applied for the same course and got offers fairly quickly, I have seen others with offers too.
Reply 1587
Original post by ruffledpuff
I have a friend who's applied for the exact same course. She hasn't heard anything either even though she applied in mid Oct so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Possibly just the department=).

On a different note got an offer for Chemistry with Managment yesterday. Very happy=).

I applied at the end of November I think?
Oh okay but there seems to be others who applied for the same course and have already received their offers :/

Original post by Crazydavy
What grades/subjects did you do last year? Me and my friend applied for the same course and got offers fairly quickly, I have seen others with offers too.

I got BBB and a pass for Biology, Maths, Business&Economics, Physics...
was predicted AAB but I've resat in January and I'm worried they might reply after I get my January results which I'm not too confident about :'(
Maybe it's my grades? ='(
Reply 1588
Original post by Shyam Devani
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Hi, thanks :-) I applied back in the end of September .. they took their time
Original post by GiGiJar
I applied at the end of November I think?
Oh okay but there seems to be others who applied for the same course and have already received their offers :/

I got BBB and a pass for Biology, Maths, Business&Economics, Physics...
was predicted AAB but I've resat in January and I'm worried they might reply after I get my January results which I'm not too confident about :'(
Maybe it's my grades? ='(

I'm sure not, I got AABBC last year (biology,geog,physics,maths, critical thinking), my other friend who has an offer got AAAA (same subjects exc CT) last year...possibly your grades but I'm not sure how much they look at predictions/what you achieved at AS

I had one in December because i couldnt attend my interview.
Basically, you have to fill in some more details. Then it asks you questions like "What experience have you had?" "Why are you suitable for the course?" "Why choose Warwick?"

You can copy/paste from word and I think you have a few weeks to get back to them. I did it that day thought just to be sure. I had an offer today :smile:
Reply 1591
Original post by Crazydavy
I'm sure not, I got AABBC last year (biology,geog,physics,maths, critical thinking), my other friend who has an offer got AAAA (same subjects exc CT) last year...possibly your grades but I'm not sure how much they look at predictions/what you achieved at AS

I know that they would look at grades first but they haven't rejected me yet so what I'm asking is whether you think they will give me an offer?

I understand with the competition and stuff they may not but I just don't want to give up yet plus I got a offer from Leeds =D AAB and I thought that Leeds were better in biology and research. (personal views) what do you think?

If Warwick would offer me ABB I would definitely firm it but if they offer me AAB which one do you think I should firm?

Sorry about all the questions
Plus you deserve a rep :biggrin:
Original post by GiGiJar
I know that they would look at grades first but they haven't rejected me yet so what I'm asking is whether you think they will give me an offer?

I understand with the competition and stuff they may not but I just don't want to give up yet plus I got a offer from Leeds =D AAB and I thought that Leeds were better in biology and research. (personal views) what do you think?

If Warwick would offer me ABB I would definitely firm it but if they offer me AAB which one do you think I should firm?

Sorry about all the questions
Plus you deserve a rep :biggrin:

Haha thanks for the rep :smile:

According to the Guardian league table, Warwick is ranked 7 for Biosciences, and Leeds is ranked 44. This won't take into account everything though. Not sure about research but I'm going to a post applicant open day soon so I'll be interested to find out! Whatever one you firm is up to you and your preferences really.

I suspect you are in the 'maybe' pile and seeing you haven't been rejected there is every chance you can still get an offer.
Reply 1593

Hey I got an offer for chemistry with management too! What's your offer?
Reply 1594
rejected for history/politics today
good luck to everyone else
not gonna lie, absolutely gutted.
Original post by ffffreya

rejected for politics and international studies today. my grades were higher than the standard requirement, and honestly my PS wasn't that bad. absolutely gutted as well :frown: guess i can cancel all hope for LSE now..
Original post by RHalkett1
anyone heard anything for philosophy from warwick?

I got an offer for philosophy today
Original post by nk1992

Hey I got an offer for chemistry with management too! What's your offer?

HEY!

I also have an offer for chemistry with management and i got that sometime in october.But this is my fifth option...but it is very much possible that by next month it will be my only option!!!What offer did u get??:smile:
Reply 1598
I got an AAB offer
The prospectus says ABB though and I was predicted ABB so I'm not sure why I got an AAB offer
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1599
Original post by ffffreya

Aww I'm sorry, when did you apply/what AS level grades did you get? I'm just waiting for my his/pol rejection now.. :frown: so where is your first choice now?

Quick Reply

Latest