The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Eeeee I have an interview for English Lit & Creative Writing!!!!!
:eek3::eek3::eek3:

I'm really shocked! And pleased :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I thought I was a crap applicant compared to all the others!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
sent ucas on october 15th for PAIS, when will we hear!!
Original post by SAMIR.NASRI
sent ucas on october 15th for PAIS, when will we hear!!

Simple answer: God knows!
I applied on the 27th of September, so we're all in the same boat :s
Original post by adennik
Does anyone know how many applications there have been for business management nad how many places there are? was wondering as i already got an offer for management :biggrin:

Im wondering the same thing! I got an offer in november for 38 IB points :biggrin:
They don't have many stats on the website... is Warwick your top choice?
Original post by MariannaConst
Is annnnyone still waiting to hear for Straight English Literature?
I know a lot of people with rejections/interviews but ive heard nothing!

I got an offer for English Literature on the 7th after the interview which I had on the 28th January. 38 points at IB with a 6 in HL English :biggrin:

I know they do two round of interviews, so there is still hope! Good luck!
Reply 1685
Just got rejected for History and Politics :frown: Gutted....
Reply 1686
Original post by mfred123
Just got rejected for History and Politics :frown: Gutted....

Aaah no. I still haven't heard so I'm assuming my rejection will be next! :s-smilie:
Reply 1687
Original post by ansgreen
Aaah no. I still haven't heard so I'm assuming my rejection will be next! :s-smilie:

Same :/ahh well maybe it wasn't meant to be, where next?
Reply 1688
Original post by ansgreen
Yeah, though to be honest I don't like it because private education just makes me angry but that's a different story...

Well in that case no news is good news I guess? :smile:

I am 'unsuccessful' :/ :'(
Reply 1689
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
Hi, got an offer in November for biochem :smile: have you got one yet?

Yeah i have one for ABB xD
Reply 1690
Is it worth asking for feedback about my rejection? (And how would I go about doing this, do I email the Department or the Admissions Office?) Or are they likely to reply with a generic 'very strong applicants, lots of competition etc'?
I got an email just now saying that my track has changed, but track is down!! :mad: I've had three rejections, and am just waiting for Bristol and Warwick, so I am on edge right now...:eek3:
Original post by Gracie312
I heard from them last Friday if it helps. There's still time!
I'm super stressed

I'm also waiting for Creative Writing, and interviews are this Monday and next Monday...did you get a letter, email or UCAS?
Reply 1693
Original post by KingMessi
I got an email just now saying that my track has changed, but track is down!! :mad: I've had three rejections, and am just waiting for Bristol and Warwick, so I am on edge right now...:eek3:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 1694

on facebook Ucas just said track is sorted now :smile:
Reply 1695

Your grades are superior to mine- how on earth do you have three rejections?
I'm also waiting for Creative Writing, and interviews are this Monday and next Monday...did you get a letter, email or UCAS?

It was an e-mail, my UCAS hasn't changed at all. My portfolio is due in on Monday so I posted that yesterday.
Hope you hear!
Original post by sango
Your grades are superior to mine- how on earth do you have three rejections?

Make that four. Warwick don't want me either. :cry2: :banghead: :mad: :frown: :dontknow: :confused:

I have no idea. I must have written the worst personal statement ever....
Original post by Gracie312
It was an e-mail, my UCAS hasn't changed at all. My portfolio is due in on Monday so I posted that yesterday.
Hope you hear!

I am so utterly confused. I wasn't asked for a portfolio, I wasn't asked for an interview-just a straight rejection, and I am nonplussed as to why.

I'm trying not to sound arrogant, but what am I missing here????
Original post by blackpot
Good luck! :smile:

Thanks, but I got rejected. I have no idea whether you have an offer...if you have, fantastically well done, if you're waiting, best of luck, if you got rejected, I can fully empathize and I'm sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest