The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Focus08
Even after 3 years?

4 years, although since one was a year abroad, I suppose it doesn't really count!

And yes, even after 3 or 4 years. It is just a great place to be and I do miss it.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1821
I know the last open day for English and Philosophy is the 16th March, is it likely they will give offers out after that?
Anyone going to the Maths department open day on the 2nd March? Or has anyone already been to one on an earlier date? :smile:
Im supposed to be going up on wednesday for a post offer open day but I dont think I can afford it now- should I email to let them know?
I have an interview tomorrow morning. I'm terrified! D:
Reply 1825
haven't heard for the past 1.233333333 months
to be precise :|
Reply 1826
Original post by Mouse Potato
I have an interview tomorrow morning. I'm terrified! D:

Good luck m'dear. Lord knows I'm already ****ting myself over Friday. I really want to go.
Original post by sango
Good luck m'dear. Lord knows I'm already ****ting myself over Friday. I really want to go.

Thanks! Made all my notes now, done some extra last minute research and checked out threads to see what kind of things were asked at last year's interviews and I have my outfit worked out so I'm feeling much calmer and actually a little excited. :smile:
Original post by catalina18
When did you apply? And if you get Warwick would it be your firm?

Would depend on whether I get an offer from KCL and what the offer is for. If i got an offer from Wariwick but not KCL then I would firm it yes, you?
Reply 1829
Has anyone else got offers from both Durham and Warwick. If so which are you putting as your firm (if either). Conferring your subject would also be useful.

Thanks,

Tory88
I have unconditional St Andrews, Edinburgh and conditional Durham. Physics.

From Warwick - two acknowledgements and a happy christmas message. Not impressed by this.
Original post by andy_mcnally6
Would depend on whether I get an offer from KCL and what the offer is for. If i got an offer from Wariwick but not KCL then I would firm it yes, you?

Yep, it's going to be my firm :smile: when I actually get around to sorting it out!
Hey, is anybody here going to the physics open day tomorrow?
Reply 1833
History offer.
Original post by Stenner
History offer.

Well done mate, I'm stoked for you :smile:
Original post by andy_mcnally6

lol, don't be stupid
Original post by tory88
Has anyone else got offers from both Durham and Warwick. If so which are you putting as your firm (if either). Conferring your subject would also be useful.

Thanks,

Tory88

Yes. Warwick offer as of 31st October 2010. Durham as of yesterday! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
For Physics.
Firming Durham, Declining Warwick
No problem,

pianofluteftw :wink:

:frown: ???
(edited 13 years ago)
I applied for history; haven't got an offer/rejection yet. All the Warwick history applicants in my school have already got replies (all of them offers). Should I be worried?

Should I ring Warwick and ask them over the phone?
Reply 1838
Original post by MC armani
I applied for history; haven't got an offer/rejection yet. All the Warwick history applicants in my school have already got replies (all of them offers). Should I be worried?

Should I ring Warwick and ask them over the phone?

I wouldn't (you might seem a little pushy?). They may have put you on the maybe-pile whilst they sort through apps that were received after yours, and the people in your college may have applied before you? Either way, they have until May so there's no need to start fretting just yet :smile:
Original post by Vekeh
I wouldn't (you might seem a little pushy?). They may have put you on the maybe-pile whilst they sort through apps that were received after yours, and the people in your college may have applied before you? Either way, they have until May so there's no need to start fretting just yet :smile:

Alternatively, it might come across as a keenness to go to Warwick. Like I really want their offer? One of my friends rang York because he hadn't heard and they told him that he'd got an offer.

I sent my application in at the same time as them (october) and the first of their Warwick offers came in in November...

I'm just thinking, maybe if I ring them it might actually tip the balance in my favour since I'm demonstrating that their offer is actually important to me.

Quick Reply

Latest