The Student Room Group

what are your opinions on burlesque?

What do you think of the women (men) who perform them and why do you think they do it?

What are your experiences of burlesque- do you perform, have you seen shows/films/posters/theatre/classes/hen parties/workshops involving burlesque, do you buy "typically burlesque" paraphernalia for you or a partner etc or are you not really familiar with what it is?

Do you think there is a strong difference between burlesque and stripclubs or are they becoming increasingly blurred?

Which burlesque dancers have you heard of (if any)?

Thankyou :smile:
I dont really know that much about it honestly.

Its not really stripping, They look more like showgirls, only partially naked.
Reply 2
People do things for completely different reasons.

Some need the money, and in hard times will do anything to get it.

Others do it because they enjoy it. They feel empowered by it. Everyone's different.

I certainly think that in the publics eyes, the differences between burlesque and stripclubs are becoming more blurred.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
I think

*fapfapfapfapfap*
Posh stripping.
Dita Von Tess is beautiful
Sexy and modest, if that is even possible.
Reply 7
Dita Von Teese is my fantasy pin up girl .... :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by francescarella
What do you think of the women (men) who perform them and why do you think they do it?

What are your experiences of burlesque- do you perform, have you seen shows/films/posters/theatre/classes/hen parties/workshops involving burlesque, do you buy "typically burlesque" paraphernalia for you or a partner etc or are you not really familiar with what it is?

Do you think there is a strong difference between burlesque and stripclubs or are they becoming increasingly blurred?

Which burlesque dancers have you heard of (if any)?

Thankyou :smile:

Burlesque is a cheeky form of entertainment! Rather than trying to apply to Men wanting to fantasize and being payed to full fill them, its a way for women (and blokes) to celebrate their wholesome God-given bodies in a way unique to them. There are Always quirky themes to a burlesque that entertain to the MAX and the comedy factor sometime is just wicked! Haha, recently me and a friend went to an adaptation of a The Rocky horror show in burlesque, all the audience were dressed up, There was interaction, singing.. just great. There will always be debate about showing off the body ( religions, life style choice's etc) but its nice to see men and woman together enjoying what was given to them and to other people in a NON- seedy way!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
This pretty much sums it up for me:

I think burlesque is more of a fun, sexy teasing way without the strpping down to the very naked bottom and showing your fanny about-like strppers do.

i love dita von teese i think shes amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending