The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babelicious_1986
you know you could just apply for student finance now and change the address at a later date when you've booked accommodation, at least you can guarantee you will get the payment when you start then if you apply asap.

Yeah my teacher said that but surely if I put my term address as my home one then it won't go through the process as being 'living away from home' i.e. It will go through as less money? or will they then change it when I edit the details?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Stephhcharlene
Yeah my teacher said that but surely if I put my term address as my home one then it won't go through the process as being 'living away from home' i.e. It will go through as less money? or will they then change it when I edit the details?

You tick to say if your living at home, away from home, or away from home in London. so it will work out for you how much finance it will be that you will get for living away from home at uni. you can add uni address as late as you wish, think in my first year I only changed it just before freshers week as I wanted my schedule and anything else from them to go to my home address before I went to uni. so there's no need to add uni address yet, all you do is tick one of the three options on the box and then say which uni you intend to go to, if you don't get in on results day then you can change the uni online then.
Original post by jimbles
I know this is well early but what the hell!

I've Unconditional Firmed NTU tonight after receiving my offer today, so I'm going to be a freshers Oct 2011! Oh yeah!

thought we could have this thread for those of us who will be NTU Freshers in Oct 2011 :smile: I know it's ages away but what the hell!

Also, I'll put people into a list on this post with what they are studying once you have quoted me and told me! :smile:

Me too!! hopefully, depends if i get the grades.. what you studying? :smile:
Reply 563
has anyone else noticed that sandby now had a budget option? well good!! where is everyone hoping to be staying then? :smile: xx
Reply 564
Original post by zingyjelly
Me too!! hopefully, depends if i get the grades.. what you studying? :smile:

Sport and Exercise Science :smile: yourself? :biggrin:
Reply 565
Original post by bexo
has anyone else noticed that sandby now had a budget option? well good!! where is everyone hoping to be staying then? :smile: xx

i've just reserved a place with iq accommodation :biggrin: it's private but i was a bit too picky with the halls hahaha! where are you hoping to stay? xxx
Reply 566
Original post by lorrybee
i've just reserved a place with iq accommodation :biggrin: it's private but i was a bit too picky with the halls hahaha! where are you hoping to stay? xxx

yeah I'm picky too!! I'm hoping for sandby :smile: how much is the iq accom, do you have an ensuite?

what are you studying? sorry for all the questions haha xx
Original post by jimbles
Sport and Exercise Science :smile: yourself? :biggrin:

Englishh! lol, not sure why i chose it to be honest.. i must be mental?! haha

where are you thinking of staying? :biggrin: x
Reply 568
Original post by zingyjelly
Englishh! lol, not sure why i chose it to be honest.. i must be mental?! haha

where are you thinking of staying? :biggrin: x

English teacher maybe? lol, nah it's your choice!! :biggrin:

I'm staying clifton due to my course being there :smile: what about you?
Original post by babelicious_1986
You tick to say if your living at home, away from home, or away from home in London. so it will work out for you how much finance it will be that you will get for living away from home at uni. you can add uni address as late as you wish, think in my first year I only changed it just before freshers week as I wanted my schedule and anything else from them to go to my home address before I went to uni. so there's no need to add uni address yet, all you do is tick one of the three options on the box and then say which uni you intend to go to, if you don't get in on results day then you can change the uni online then.

Ah thanks! :smile: This is really helpful :smile:
Original post by Stephhcharlene
Ah thanks! :smile: This is really helpful :smile:

No worries, changing it is simple once you have to change address as you don't need to send any evidence its applying thats the pain, does get easier in second and third years though as you can do it online and just change the odd little thing. may need parental evidence again but if nothings changed then between one tax year and another then you don't need to send much if anything. but for now forget this bit until next year mostly!
Reply 571
Original post by cutiextasha
Im doing Primary Education, im probally going to stay Clifton for the first year! so im clsoe to where all my lectures are. what are you doing???

Probably go to clifton cause its close to my lectures so i dont have the travelling time better for the head after nights out hehe :redface:
Reply 572
Original post by Abbic4
Probably go to clifton cause its close to my lectures so i dont have the travelling time better for the head after nights out hehe :redface:

That's my plan too :tongue: Can roll out of bed to lectures then lol!
Does anyone know what facilities are avalible to media students at the clifton campus?
Reply 574
Original post by hglufc
Hey, Coming from a fresher atm at ntu doing sport lesiure and educational development, nottinghams nightlife for students in amazing , a night out every night, even sundays!
Monday - The forum
Tuesday -Oceana
Wednesday - Ocean / Social night- bar crawl!
Thursday , Rock city or Gatecrasher
Friday, The point!! - not to be missed!!
SAturday - city s,u for climax
Sunday revs half price?
That enuf info

i'm applying for that exact course, can't decidde whether to go for clifton or city accomodation, any advice?
Reply 575
Original post by masseyj03
i'm applying for that exact course, can't decidde whether to go for clifton or city accomodation, any advice?

In all honesty, if you're studying at clifton, stay in clifton.

In my first year I studied in the city but I stayed in clifton. The bus takes half an hour to go from one to the other and is such a fag, I hardly went. Most people off of your course will be staying in clifton too so you'll get to mingle with them a bit more.

Apart from being a bit secluded to the city, clifton is a good giggle.
Original post by jimbles
good lad :biggrin: American football? :wink:

Yup, I've not got a clue what position though haha :tongue:
Reply 577
Original post by bexo
yeah I'm picky too!! I'm hoping for sandby :smile: how much is the iq accom, do you have an ensuite?

what are you studying? sorry for all the questions haha xx

sorry for the late reply, my laptop had a total spaz! but it's costing £95 per week for 46 weeks and yeah it's an ensuite room, and they are quite big and only sharing with 8 people to a flat! the kitchen's really nice too, it has a dishwasher. i think i was sold at that! oh and you can have £89 per week for 50 weeks too! i really like it there if you can't tell hahah

and no problem, i love the questions :biggrin: i'm studying print journalism! what about you? xx
Reply 578
Original post by a.wadeson2905
yeah it is a friendly comp...but we all know that it means something :smile: lol
well trent should be better then nottingham, though i think we are 5-4 down in the series? but im not to sure...we just about lost our game 1-0 :frown: but their ladies 1st team are in prem so technically they should have thrashed us!
nooo the dont get that at uni...its all on the umpires decision!!

competitions are never friendly, you take part to win. it's as simple as that, haha :P
ah alright, that's not too bad.
really? shouldn't be too disheartened, it proves you can challenge the top teams and if the umpire weren't such a ****er, you'd have got a result :smile:
I realised that by the time I sent it :P
Btw, I emailed Nott Trent about the new budget room for sandby, and they said it is basically four rooms in the basement with a kitchin but no dining area. However these students can use some facilties from upstairs. They are still ensuite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending