The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Looks like I'm going to Warwick in October then as I just recieved my final rejection!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2201
Original post by saks10111
Omg congrats! What's the offer? I think I remember one/both of you saying that you've been waiting for nearly 6 months too, so hopefully the Economics and Economic History offers are next, because I'm going insane lol. Congrats again :smile:

well...the offer is A*AAA and I'm not the one you remember because I only applied a few days before the Jan deadline.
Reply 2202
Original post by Dahle
Congratulations on your offer! I'm surprised their offer is higher than LSE's :O

Would you care to share your subjects and grades? I am still waiting for my economics offer/rejection.

I guess it's because their standard offer is the highest....

In fact I am an international applicant from Hong Kong and scored 1A4B2C1D in the Hong Kong's equivalent of GCSE (so I guess it's about 7+ A* in GCSE?)and predicted A*A*A*A* in GCE.
Reply 2203
Still waiting, phoned them about the standard offer being raised for Phil and Lit and they said it was a mistake.

Also asked when we were likely to hear back and they said that offers should be out by March, latest April.
Reply 2204
Original post by rmerz1
is anyone still waiting for a reply from Warwick for Politics? Coz I've been waiting fekking ages now :angry:

I'm still waiting on History and Politics.. The wait is literally killing me! :s-smilie:
Original post by s2004060
I guess it's because their standard offer is the highest....

In fact I am an international applicant from Hong Kong and scored 1A4B2C1D in the Hong Kong's equivalent of GCSE (so I guess it's about 7+ A* in GCSE?)and predicted A*A*A*A* in GCE.

4A*! What subjects u doing?
Reply 2206
Original post by phoenixfay
4A*! What subjects u doing?

Double maths, phy and chem
Original post by Stenner
Looks like I'm going to Warwick in October then as I just recieved my final rejection!

Same here lol. I'm choosing between Edinburgh and Warwick - I prefer Warwick as this way I get to move away. I'll see you there. :biggrin:
Original post by Stenner

Don't worry, Warwick history is on par with the others, bar Oxford, and is better than kcl. With your grades, it's amazing you don't have more offers
Original post by Stenner

I don't understand how on earth somebody with your grades could have got 4 rejections. :confused:
Original post by rhea45
Brilliant :smile: Would be great to familiarize myself with people before going there I am so excited, yet nervous! I haven't had a chance to visit unfortunately, but the campus looks great from the videos and even though I'm a big city girl I'm sure I can adjust :smile:

Yeah - good idea. So you firming? Well I live just over the Mersey from Liverpool so also very much used to the city but looking forward to a bit of a change. I am going the open day on 4th May. Also - in terms of accommodation, I've heard about Arthur Vick being great and that's where i stayed last year and thought that it was really nice!
Where's your insurance?
Reply 2211
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I don't understand how on earth somebody with your grades could have got 4 rejections. :confused:

Original post by Focus08
Don't worry, Warwick history is on par with the others, bar Oxford, and is better than kcl. With your grades, it's amazing you don't have more offers

Thanks guys. It's just a lottery I suppose, still, more than happy with the Warwick offer, am more than aware of the fantastic reputation the History department has.
Just firmed Warwick with Edinburgh being my insurance. :smile:
Reply 2213
Anyone else got in for straight MChem? and I'm thinking of firming it against York, Right decision?
Reply 2214
warwick law offer
after complete 3 months
i just don´t understand what takes them so long. how do they select their students? seems to me like random. i mean, how can they send offers and rejections at different times just randomly mixed for the exact same course. i am from germany and i am currently waiting for my abitur-outcomes which is certainly enough tension. got an offer from nottingham for econ and international econ two months ago, but can´t firm it and i am increasingly worried about accomodation.

warwick virtually drives me nuts!

does anyone know when the have to reply at the latest? could it be that the just lost my files or something? cause i applied in early october!

thanks a lot

sal
Reply 2216
Original post by salocincon

does anyone know when the have to reply at the latest?

Technically they do not have to reply. If they do not reply by May 6th, UCAS will issue you an automatic unsuccessful decision.

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates
Five months and a rejection for law. Gutted.
At least ive got my f&i. :smile:
Original post by Shiny Happy Person
Five months and a rejection for law. Gutted.
At least ive got my f&i. :smile:

I'm sorry :frown: i'm sure you'll be fine with that though :smile:
Most likely firming Warwick soon. Either that or Exeter and I'm edging towards Warwick!

Quick Reply

Latest