Reply 1
YAWN.
English, History, Politics, Economics, and GPR because I find them interesting
Reply 3
Original post by tateco

Original post by tateco
YAWN.

Thanks for that contribution.
Psychology, Health and Social and Law, and because it fitted in the columns my sixth form have for subjects and my actual subjects I planned on taking didn't, and I panicked so just chose them. I wish I had done sociology and biology instead though.
Reply 5
A-Level maths and physics with home study

And

computer science
economics
electronics and chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by Shreevey

Original post by Shreevey
A-Level maths and physics with home study

And

computer science
economics
electronics and chemistry

Sounds hard lol.
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
Psychology, Health and Social and Law, and because it fitted in the columns my sixth form have for subjects and my actual subjects I planned on taking didn't, and I panicked so just chose them. I wish I had done sociology and biology instead though.

Did you do them for a laugh?
Reply 8
Maths, further maths and physics, because at the time I chose, I wanted to go into astrophysics, and I figured they'd be pretty essential. Then chemistry, because I thought it might be useful with physics (I ended up hating every second of it and dropping it the day after my AS exam), and German because it's such a lovely language and I wanted to look at years abroad or degrees with language components. :smile:

Ended up losing physics because I realised I was no good at it, and chemistry because I hated it with a passion. I'm left with my favourite subjects now.
Reply 9
Original post by Loamthedemon
Thanks for that contribution.

Well you could have at least have written an interesting starting post so there is some point of discussion for the thread, no one is going to come up with some wondrous and un-obvious reason for why they took their subjects, they either like it, or they needed it for their desired degree.
Original post by rugbyladosc
Did you do them for a laugh?

No... as I've said the reason why I took them. They are **** subjects which I hate, so no I did not do them 'for a laugh'
maths,physics,chemistry and Russian

first 3 are obvious as i want to become a scientist/engineer. Russian was just because my favourite teacher taught it and was retiring after she taught us so i didn't want to waste the opportunity :smile:
Reply 12
Chemistry because I had to in order to do medicine.
And Biology and Psychology because I find them interesting :h:
Reply 13
maths-----im because good at it
economics------thought it will be maths related but NO it wasn't
further maths----because im good at maths wanted to test my ability (self teach)
ICT----- dont even know why
Reply 14
Physics, Biology,Chem,Maths(Pure + stats), General Paper.

3 Sciences because I was strong in them.
Maths because I'm chinese :ahee:

I did that in 11 months :sexface:
Reply 15
English (comb) - Because I have always loved English and wanted to the original writing aspect of English Lan. but the analytical aspect of English Lit. I wish I had chosen pure Literature now but oh well!

Law - I thought it looked interesting. Sooooo glad I took it now, teachers and course is amazing :biggrin:

History - Liked it a lot at GCSE and was good at it. Don't enjoy A Level history anywhere near as much as GCSE though, the teachers are something of a mixed bag and the course topics are just bewildering - (OCR) The Vikings and Witch hunting? It's like being transported back in time to year 3!

Psychology - Thought it would be interesting and would be looking at autism and other disorders which, as my mum fosters a lot of children with behavioural problems, I could apply to my life. Worst mistake of my life. Terrible subject. Terrible teachers. Terrible course structure. Just bleh.

These are just what I've experienced. Obviously a course and subject will vary according to where you take it!
Psychology - I was mistaken into thinking it would be interesting, it sort of is, butmakes me angry daily because A level psych is such *******s
Maths - I used to be good at it, so thought I may as well
Photography - I honestly don't know what I was thinking
Reply 17
Biology & Chemistry - eh, idk. Careers advice was pretty shocking so I did basically pick subjects I did the best in at GCSE.
English - I hate it, but consistently come out with As's after little/no work. Which is great, but I wish I actually liked english :frown:
Maths - Not a clue. Dropped it after January :')
Mathematics - enjoyed it at GCSE, a vital subject for most professional career paths
Chemistry - enjoyed it at GCSE, relates well to Biology as well as being a vital subject for many career paths
Biology - enjoyed it at GCSE, relates well to Chemistry and very interested in Biotechnology!
AS Further Mathematics - merely more Mechanics and Statistics, looks great on my UCAS form as well
Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Originally I wanted to do Medicine, but recently I'm more interested in studying Biomedical sciences. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest