The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Diffrence between Cambridge and Cavendish ?

Ok can't really decided which of these to I should apply for. They both seem to have similar facilities according to the MMU website but Cambridge is £13 more a week.

So what is the diffrence between the two halls to make the prices so diffrent, are they both good socially ? From reading on here most people are suggesting Cambridge will be the better of the two.
Reply 1
Cavendish is a **** hole! Cambridge is a sociable **** hole!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm in Cavendish this year and it's awful. You have to share a toilet with around 8 people but because theyr'e in corridors not flats it ends up beind a lot more people because you get randomers down your corridor. Also as you have access to anywhere in the halls, you get loads of people swapping kitchens and all the same type of people have grouped together in mine and they're horrible! I guess a bonus is though if you have friends in a different kitchen you can use that one. I haven't stayed in Cambridge but my friend is there and she seems to like it. And it's in flats so you share with less people and you get less people having access to get inside. That's just my opinion though. If I started the year over I definitely wouldn't go to Cavendish, I'd go somewhere like Mill Point or Wilmslow but they're more expensive, so go with Cambridge.
Reply 3
I thought this was about the Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge until I read the OP.
Reply 4
Original post by i.am.lost
I thought this was about the Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge until I read the OP.

I thought it was about Lucy Cavendish college Cambridge.
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
I thought it was about Lucy Cavendish college Cambridge.

I always forget about Lucy Cavendish. When you Google it, the description says "mature women only"...makes it sound like a niche strip club.
Reply 6
Original post by i.am.lost
I always forget about Lucy Cavendish. When you Google it, the description says "mature women only"...makes it sound like a niche strip club.

I knew there was something different about it.
Reply 7
Well thats Cavendish ruled out then.
Reply 8
Okay maybe your mind has been made up...but i'd just like to say that i've lived in cavendish this year and havent found it that bad, and while its not the most comfortable hall, i loved meeting such a huge mix of people, which to me makes it an extremely social hall! And at least if your stuck with people in your kitchen you dont get on with, you can easily find people you do anywhere else.
So yeah, i just felt that i needed to stick up for lil ol' cavendish :smile:
Reply 9
Cavendish is a flat which holds 16 people with 3 bathrooms and 2 kitchens.

Cambridge holds 10 people with 2 bathrooms and a big kitchen.

Cambridge is probably the best out of them all and if you're the type of person that wants to party every day then that's the best place to be. You will meet some very interesting people there aha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending