The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Looking for fellow students! MMU Postgrad.

I'm looking for some other applicants or place holders who will be studying MSc Speech and Language Therapy at Manchester Metropolitan University this September (2024). I have an unconditional confirmed offer and I'd like to meet some people in advance 🥰

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi - that's me! I'm not lucky enough to have an unconditional offer yet (need to pass DBS and health check in June ish before they'll give me one) but I have a conditional offer and I'm making all my plans around it!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I received my conditional offer today! Feeling so relieved to finally have a place. It says I need an academic reference but I’ve been out of university for 5yrs now so not sure how to obtain that 🤔
Reply 3
Original post by janeysa11
I received my conditional offer today! Feeling so relieved to finally have a place. It says I need an academic reference but I’ve been out of university for 5yrs now so not sure how to obtain that 🤔
Congrats! Have you done any other training courses in the meantime? Could use those if so
Reply 4
Thank you! Congrats on your place too. I actually haven’t had any formal training since my undergrad. I dont think my undergrad professors would remember me as it was a huge course but I hope my old uni can fill in something general so I can get my place confirmed!
How are you feeling about the msc?
Reply 5
Original post by sondacle
Hi - that's me! I'm not lucky enough to have an unconditional offer yet (need to pass DBS and health check in June ish before they'll give me one) but I have a conditional offer and I'm making all my plans around it!
Hi
Same here
Hoe can we turn it into an unconditional offer?
Reply 6
Thank you! Congrats on your place too. I actually haven’t had any formal training since my undergrad. I dont think my undergrad professors would remember me as it was a huge course but I hope my old uni can fill in something general so I can get my place confirmed!
Feeling abit nervous because I know it's going to be hard work compared to undergrad, but I've been waiting to do it for so long I'm so ready for it! 😈
Reply 7
Original post by Mehrsa
Hi
Same here
Hoe can we turn it into an unconditional offer?
They'll send out info about the DBS and occupational health checks in May/June and then when we pass those we should get the unconditional, as far as I've understood it 🙂 @TabithaEmily is that how you got yours?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Hey, congrats on your place! Did you have a personal tutor or any seminar tutors or anything who you got on well with? I prefer to use them than lecturers because I doubt mine would remember me either!
Reply 9
They'll send out info about the DBS and occupational health checks in May/June and then when we pass those we should get the unconditional, as far as I've understood it 🙂 @TabithaEmily is that how you got yours?
Thank you🌸
Reply 10
Yes I deferred my place from last year, so I had to provide a DBS and occupational health checks then they made in an unconditional offer for this September 😊
Reply 11
Original post by TabithaEmily
Yes I deferred my place from last year, so I had to provide a DBS and occupational health checks then they made in an unconditional offer for this September 😊
Okay perfect! I won't be worried about it for now then ☺️
Reply 12
Hey, congrats on your place! Did you have a personal tutor or any seminar tutors or anything who you got on well with? I prefer to use them than lecturers because I doubt mine would remember me either!
Thank you! I’ve emailed my old personal tutor who has agreed to be a reference so I’m going to use them. I don’t think they actually remember me though 🤣 Does anyone know when the post offer day might be? Or do we find out after confirming the place?
Reply 13
I'm looking for some other applicants or place holders who will be studying MSc Speech and Language Therapy at Manchester Metropolitan University this September (2024). I have an unconditional confirmed offer and I'd like to meet some people in advance 🥰
Hi, I have an Unconditional offer to study MSc in Project Management. Getting ready little by little. Yet to get a CAS link. But I'm happy to have made the decision.

Hi - I've just got a conditional offer from MMU! I'm in the final year of my undergrad course and need a 2:1 to get in, but I'm excited to start! ☺️
Reply 15
I'm an applicant too, I have my interview on 1st May! Nervous but so excited to dedicate all my time to SLT for two years!!
Good luck for your interview at MMU! The team were so lovely and made me feel really comfortable
Reply 17
Good luck for your interview at MMU! The team were so lovely and made me feel really comfortable

amazing, thank you for sharing your experience! did you have an observer during the interview?
No i didnt have an observer it was just me and the course leader
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Oooo, me, hi!

Already did my undergrad at MMU (finishing in a month, EEK!) and have applied for my masters!

Can I ask, how long did it take them to get back to you? I'm waiting very impatiently haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending