The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU accomodation

My daughter booked accommodation today but lots either booked or not released. Can she change her accommodation and how do other find it. More stressful choosing when room ago before your eyes then the exams I think.
Ok
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I have read somewhere else that you can request a change, but you have to try and get hold of the accommodation team and figure out availability. My daughter tried to book her accommodation today. After weeks of creating a short list. She logs on to find non-available 4 hours after they are released. We thought about just getting something booked but decided to hold tight and see if anything else becomes available. Tried the accommodation line, but after 1h 30 no answer. (I get they be busy) Just be great to understand the process of accommodation, is it once they are gone they are gone or are they drip fed.
Reply 3
Original post by lemonnelly
I have read somewhere else that you can request a change, but you have to try and get hold of the accommodation team and figure out availability. My daughter tried to book her accommodation today. After weeks of creating a short list. She logs on to find non-available 4 hours after they are released. We thought about just getting something booked but decided to hold tight and see if anything else becomes available. Tried the accommodation line, but after 1h 30 no answer. (I get they be busy) Just be great to understand the process of accommodation, is it once they are gone they are gone or are they drip fed.

We managed to get Archway at 1130am but not a choice of rooms so not sure whether they only released one block or everything went. Hope you find something. What course is she doing?
Original post by Dclaire1974
We managed to get Archway at 1130am but not a choice of rooms so not sure whether they only released one block or everything went. Hope you find something. What course is she doing?
We went against everything I said and ended up booking Artisan Heights this morning. 🙈😂
I had an email from the accommodation team saying “As of now, the available rooms displayed on the MMU portal represent the current availability. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific timeline for when additional rooms will be released” so just took the plunge.

She’s doing Interior Design. What course is your daughter on?
Reply 5
Original post by lemonnelly
We went against everything I said and ended up booking Artisan Heights this morning. 🙈😂
I had an email from the accommodation team saying “As of now, the available rooms displayed on the MMU portal represent the current availability. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific timeline for when additional rooms will be released” so just took the plunge.

She’s doing Interior Design. What course is your daughter on?

Out of interest what accommodation did you try to get into. My daughter is going Event Management. That accommodation looked nice though so I’m sure it will be fine. Good luck
Out of interest what accommodation did you try to get into. My daughter is going Event Management. That accommodation looked nice though so I’m sure it will be fine. Good luck
Archway was top of her list. She’ll be just fine in Artisan I’m sure. Enjoy and all the best
Original post by tepid-leather
Ok

Ok
My daughter booked accommodation today but lots either booked or not released. Can she change her accommodation and how do other find it. More stressful choosing when room ago before your eyes then the exams I think.
Yes! My daughter is going to MMU. We panic booked a room but she wanted to be in a bigger flat. I rang yesterday at 9am- the number for MMU accomodation and they just swapped it for me. She’s now in Birley Dale. I agree it’s very stressful. My daughter is in Thailand so I had to do it. Try and call at 9am because at other times I had to wait for an hour. They are releasing more rooms throughout this week so there may be more choice for her. It is a lottery though and it will be dependent on finding her tribe which I’m sure she will!
Hi there, im in 1st year at mmu atm and booking accomodation was so stressful for me last year. I panic booked cambridge as i thought all the rooms had been taken but it turns out after calling them they release them in essentially batches. I called up and cancelled my room and just checked the website a couple times a day and managed to book archway which is where i am now.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there, im in 1st year at mmu atm and booking accomodation was so stressful for me last year. I panic booked cambridge as i thought all the rooms had been taken but it turns out after calling them they release them in essentially batches. I called up and cancelled my room and just checked the website a couple times a day and managed to book archway which is where i am now.

What is arch way like. We are block C 4th floor but she really wanted to be in block A or B. Not sure where just to keep it or call and see where they have released the other blocks or whether they are all booked.
Ok
Could i ask why she wants to be in A or B over C? I would say archway is probably one of the newest accomdations and i love my room! It is on the smaller side but you get a nice ensuite which is something id rather over a bigger room. I'm in block C and to be honest having been in other blocks as well there is barely any difference between them that i see. Block C is only 5 floors when the others i think are 10/12 and i see the perks of block C more than A or B as you dont have to wait for the lifts as much and you can take the stairs alot easier. If she wants to swap she could but personally i dont see much difference between the blocks but other people may have a different opinion. With how social the flat is, i think its down to luck or chance. I live in a flat of 8 and it is fairly social however i dont really get on with my flatmates and spend a lot of time in my friends flats and i did origianlly look into switching flats in november but i decided not to go through with it. I have friends that live in all blocks and some get on with their flats and some dont.
Hope that helps at all, if you want to know anything else ill be happy to help you because i was in this position last year and 1st years living in halls at the time were really helpful.
Could i ask why she wants to be in A or B over C? I would say archway is probably one of the newest accomdations and i love my room! It is on the smaller side but you get a nice ensuite which is something id rather over a bigger room. I'm in block C and to be honest having been in other blocks as well there is barely any difference between them that i see. Block C is only 5 floors when the others i think are 10/12 and i see the perks of block C more than A or B as you dont have to wait for the lifts as much and you can take the stairs alot easier. If she wants to swap she could but personally i dont see much difference between the blocks but other people may have a different opinion. With how social the flat is, i think its down to luck or chance. I live in a flat of 8 and it is fairly social however i dont really get on with my flatmates and spend a lot of time in my friends flats and i did origianlly look into switching flats in november but i decided not to go through with it. I have friends that live in all blocks and some get on with their flats and some dont.
Hope that helps at all, if you want to know anything else ill be happy to help you because i was in this position last year and 1st years living in halls at the time were really helpful.

Thank you so much. That really helps. I think she was just thinking about a nice view from higher floors….

She is in flat 59 room 3 next to kitchen which I think is 4th floor over looking the middle of the 3 ABC blocks. Is that correct? So not over looking the road?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thank you so much. That really helps. I think she was just thinking about a nice view from higher floors….

She is in flat 59 room 3 next to kitchen which I think is 4th floor over looking the middle of the 3 ABC blocks. Is that correct? So not over looking the road?
of course!
Yeah some of my friends have an amazing view of manchester and i have a view of a wall and the courtyard so if that is a big deal it might be worth changing. I think room 3 is overlooking the courtyard as well. Im in room 2 and room 3 is on the left side of the flat along with rooms 1 and 2 and then the other side of the corridor is the rest of the rooms - thats how it is in my flat. I think youre correct with that yeah as far as i know all the flats are basically identical
Original post by Anonymous #2

of course!
Yeah some of my friends have an amazing view of manchester and i have a view of a wall and the courtyard so if that is a big deal it might be worth changing. I think room 3 is overlooking the courtyard as well. Im in room 2 and room 3 is on the left side of the flat along with rooms 1 and 2 and then the other side of the corridor is the rest of the rooms - thats how it is in my flat. I think youre correct with that yeah as far as i know all the flats are basically identical

Thank you. I will let her know.
Yes I know
Hello, i am looking for someone to take over my tenancy of a studio room at True Salford student accommodation. I also go to MMU and it is a 20 mins commute. Please ask me for more details if you are interested.
Reply 18
Which accommodation was it?
Original post by Lia.ay
Which accommodation was it?

Block c archway but she wanted black a or b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending