The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Foundation (International) - No reply ..

Hello.
I'm an international student who applied to the Foundation Course in UAL.
1st choice CSM, 2nd choice CCW.

I sent my application at the end of December and still heard nothing ..
(Btw I did not include a portfolio because I live in the UK and went/go to school/college here)

Both CSM & Camberwell have replied to me saying that they will contact shortly to invite me to a portfolio review in due course = interview, right? This was 10th February.

Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Apparently all replies are being sent out via email and letter on Friday (For CSM) !! On facebook they've said its deffo going to be on Friday but to an international student they said it will be withon the next two weeks but that was nearly a week ago so not long now! I think everyones pretty much in the same boat.. I've only heard of a few students, who live outside the UK and who had their review back in December, with a conditional offer already. No UK/ EU applicants seem to have heard back yet. Hope that helps :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cocacola123
Apparently all replies are being sent out via email and letter on Friday (For CSM) !! On facebook they've said its deffo going to be on Friday but to an international student they said it will be withon the next two weeks but that was nearly a week ago so not long now! I think everyones pretty much in the same boat.. I've only heard of a few students, who live outside the UK and who had their review back in December, with a conditional offer already. No UK/ EU applicants seem to have heard back yet. Hope that helps :smile:

Well, I haven't even had an interview yet ..
'but to an international student they said it will be withon the next two weeks but that was nearly a week ago so not long now!'
By this does it mean the result of the interview or the application?
I know international students who received offers already for the foundation course and am getting extremely annoyed and worried, haha.
Original post by mindkite
Hello.
I'm an international student who applied to the Foundation Course in UAL.
1st choice CSM, 2nd choice CCW.

I sent my application at the end of December and still heard nothing ..
(Btw I did not include a portfolio because I live in the UK and went/go to school/college here)

Well, I scanned a copy of my application form just in case
and realised my e-mail address was slightly wrong so contacted them
to check my application status as well.
Both CSM & Camberwell have replied to me saying that they will contact shortly to invite me to a portfolio review in due course = interview, right? This was 10th February.

I was also lucky that the e-mail address I wrote wrong did not exist
so made another account.
I am constantly checking both of these e-mails.

To others it may seem like I'm over-reacting but UAL is my first choice ..
Sorry, I am getting worried + impatient + panicing as each day passes.

Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?

Wait, so you applied to both? Your only allowed to apply to one? And if your worried then why don't you ring up? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by katherinejklo
Wait, so you applied to both? Your only allowed to apply to one? And if your worried then why don't you ring up? :s-smilie:

I didn't apply to both. I'm an international student and it says on the form to write down 2 choices. My 1st choice is CSM and 2nd is CCW.

Got a reply from them on their facebook group saying that my interview will be after Easter Holidays .. I am scared that there will be no places by then :^S
I don't get why it's so late!!
Reply 5
I sent my online portfolio off at the start of feb, and I got an email today saying that i now have an interveiw in a couple of weeks. Think most people are in the same boat they just seem to be interveiwing later than other uni's
Reply 6
I am confused.... Am an international applicant, waiting to hear from CWW. I thought I was supposed to find out the results no later than March 25. Well emailed them on Monday 28th asking what's up and their reply was "All decision letters have been sent out via post for the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design. You should receive yours shortly"

Oh great. It's Thursday already... no letter in the mail. I'm giving up. ehhhhh... I'm pretty sure I didn't get in anyways, would be nice to know for sure tho.

You should receive it shortly.
Reply 7
Original post by luke$
I sent my online portfolio off at the start of feb, and I got an email today saying that i now have an interveiw in a couple of weeks. Think most people are in the same boat they just seem to be interveiwing later than other uni's

Are you for foundation and international? I hope the best for your interview :^)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by naomiT
I am confused.... Am an international applicant, waiting to hear from CWW. I thought I was supposed to find out the results no later than March 25. Well emailed them on Monday 28th asking what's up and their reply was "All decision letters have been sent out via post for the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design. You should receive yours shortly"

Oh great. It's Thursday already... no letter in the mail. I'm giving up. ehhhhh... I'm pretty sure I didn't get in anyways, would be nice to know for sure tho.

You should receive it shortly.

Well that's not what they told me!! I am So confused too but don't think I'm gonna go anyway so it doesn't really bother me anymore .. Good luck!!
are international students allowed to apply to both CCW and CSM for foundation?
Reply 10
Original post by kaylafrances
are international students allowed to apply to both CCW and CSM for foundation?

I am not completely sure but if you look at the application form it has two options for choices on course and college so I applied to both CSM and CCW ..

http://www.arts.ac.uk/docs/international_app_new.pdf
Reply 11
I only applied to CCW, I thought you're only allowed to apply to one foundation at UAL. I could be wrong. Would have applied to both if I knew I could. I'm so discouraged, really want to get into photography and doing a foundation would probably be the best way to get started.
Original post by mindkite
I am not completely sure but if you look at the application form it has two options for choices on course and college so I applied to both CSM and CCW ..

http://www.arts.ac.uk/docs/international_app_new.pdf

hmm well i know that as a UK resident we could only apply to one UAL college... maybe you read it wrong, chose two options instead of one .. i have no idea this is so weird
but they do get thouands of applicants so they're bound to muck up on a few ?
Original post by naomiT
I only applied to CCW, I thought you're only allowed to apply to one foundation at UAL. I could be wrong. Would have applied to both if I knew I could. I'm so discouraged, really want to get into photography and doing a foundation would probably be the best way to get started.

no, we can only apply to one. did you get into CCW?
Reply 14
Original post by kaylafrances
no, we can only apply to one. did you get into CCW?

Ok. Good. :smile:

I still haven't heard from them. Should I email them again or what??? Usually it doesn't take this long for a letter to come from the UK to Finland. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. Anyways, I have a feeling I didn't get in so I'm trying to come up with something else to do. :smile:
Original post by naomiT
Ok. Good. :smile:

I still haven't heard from them. Should I email them again or what??? Usually it doesn't take this long for a letter to come from the UK to Finland. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. Anyways, I have a feeling I didn't get in so I'm trying to come up with something else to do. :smile:

umm you should just wait if you've already emailed them. we all recieved our letters a few weeks ago, i got in:smile:
what are your other options?
Reply 16
Still waiting. :frown: i hate this... i'm gonna email them again if the letter's not here tomorrow.

I have applied to a couple of schools here in Finland also. We'll see what happens. I would like to move to London, so maybe I'll find something else to do there. Short courses or something. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending