The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

All about imperial

Hi guys,

After the decision posted on UCAS track, when will I start receiving paper mail from Imperial with all the flyers/stuff? I'm wondering since I haven't gotten any mail at all from Imperial after the track notice, and that's it. Also...the fresher's reception thing-when does that happen(and what is it exactly)? My course starts on 1st of October, but I don't want to spend an entire month at Imperial before school starts. Also...for the BEng and MEng-say I chose BEng and I wanted to do an extra year to get the MEng (like halfway through BEng or after 1st year of it), is that allowed? Thanks

Also: for the deadline when to reply to the offer, do I send the email to my course's department or to the general admissions department?

Thanks!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What course have you applied for?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I applied to Electrical engineering H600 and I got in, but on track it doesn't say when I need to reply to the offer...so I e-mailed the engineering admissions department---is that the right thing to do? Also, I still haven't gotten any information packs yet.
Original post by dwarfwarri
I applied to Electrical engineering H600 and I got in, but on track it doesn't say when I need to reply to the offer...so I e-mailed the engineering admissions department---is that the right thing to do? Also, I still haven't gotten any information packs yet.

Hey, well done on getitng an offer, I applied for the MEng in EEE anf firmed IC, what are your offer conditions?
Reply 4
I'm a student from Canada (so I'm overseas), so I didn't have to do any exams other than TOEFL. Conditions: Ontario Secondary School Diploma with 85% overall and 85% in Mathematics and Physics.

also: did you get an information pack after getting your offer? And did the offer include when you have to reply to the offer by?

Thanks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm a student from Canada (so I'm overseas), so I didn't have to do any exams other than TOEFL. Conditions: Ontario Secondary School Diploma with 85% overall and 85% in Mathematics and Physics.

also: did you get an information pack after getting your offer? And did the offer include when you have to reply to the offer by?

Thanks!

Wow 85%? Did you apply with a higher average than that though, I'm just curious. I went to Canadian high school, and 85% seems pretty low for an Imperial offer?

Also if anyone knows, what would getting A*A*A (that everyone seems to keep mentioning) be equivalent to in Canada?
Reply 6
Original post by metraino
Wow 85%? Did you apply with a higher average than that though, I'm just curious. I went to Canadian high school, and 85% seems pretty low for an Imperial offer?

Also if anyone knows, what would getting A*A*A (that everyone seems to keep mentioning) be equivalent to in Canada?

Hey, My offer for ISE is A*A*A + AS A and therefore I think 85% is something like A*A*A:biggrin:
It should be the same since my original offer was EEE with Management but I switched to ISE :eek:.
Original post by lawwainam
Hey, My offer for ISE is A*A*A + AS A and therefore I think 85% is something like A*A*A:biggrin:
It should be the same since my original offer was EEE with Management but I switched to ISE :eek:.

Hey if you've firmed Imperial, do you want me to add you to the firmer's thread in my sig? :biggrin: You can post there to subscribe to it.
Reply 8
Original post by nikita_atikin
Hey if you've firmed Imperial, do you want me to add you to the firmer's thread in my sig? :biggrin: You can post there to subscribe to it.

I haven't firm it in UCAS yet since I don't know which should be my insurance:frown:.
But I will do it. After I firm it, I will quote you at the firmer's thread:biggrin:
I know you will study Computing at Imperial from the thread:biggrin:
Maybe I will meet you at Imperial:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9

I applied with a higher average, so I am happy with the conditions that Imperial gave me. Are you also an overseas student studying in Canada at the moment?
And I have no idea what A*A*A* is equivalent to in Canada...

also: to anyone who got in: did Imperial start sending you those information packs after you got your offer? I e-mailed the engineering admissions but they didn't reply...maybe because i didn't include my application ID? Should I re-email them with the ID once more? Would that seem too much?

Thanks
Reply 10
I applied with a higher average, so I am happy with the conditions that Imperial gave me. Are you also an overseas student studying in Canada at the moment?
And I have no idea what A*A*A* is equivalent to in Canada...

also: to anyone who got in: did Imperial start sending you those information packs after you got your offer? I e-mailed the engineering admissions but they didn't reply...maybe because i didn't include my application ID? Should I re-email them with the ID once more? Would that seem too much?

Thanks

I am a Canadian student who is finishing up undergrad in Canada (Waterloo). I'm going to Imperial for a Master's though.
Reply 11
I am a Canadian student who is finishing up undergrad in Canada (Waterloo). I'm going to Imperial for a Master's though.

Do you know if I can just do 1 year after 3 years and get my masters like that, even though I applied for BEng?
Original post by lawwainam

That's a very high offer, why didn't they give you the standard A*AA offer?
Reply 13
Do you know if I can just do 1 year after 3 years and get my masters like that, even though I applied for BEng?

I'm a little confused at the question. 3 years in what program?
Reply 14
I'm a little confused at the question. 3 years in what program?

I mean like after 3 years in BEng, can I do 1 more year for the MEng degree? Or is there another way I could get the MEng degree even though I am studying for BEng?
Reply 15
Original post by i_hate_teeth
That's a very high offer, why didn't they give you the standard A*AA offer?

Isn't that quite standard? My ICL offer was A*A*A and a 2 on STEP II or STEP III - although I guess it depends on the course.
Original post by kerily
Isn't that quite standard? My ICL offer was A*A*A and a 2 on STEP II or STEP III - although I guess it depends on the course.

The standard offer for ISE is A*AA, so no the offer she received isn't standard at all, it's a high offer.
Reply 17
Original post by i_hate_teeth
The standard offer for ISE is A*AA, so no the offer she received isn't standard at all, it's a high offer.

Ahh right - I'm not an ISE applicant :smile: Harsh of them, then!
Reply 18
I so nearly applied here. My elderly neighbour's son went there :smile:
I mean like after 3 years in BEng, can I do 1 more year for the MEng degree? Or is there another way I could get the MEng degree even though I am studying for BEng?

Progression to an MEng is typically conditional on getting a 2.1 in your second year of the BEng. Moving between the two is generally very flexible as long as you keep your grades solid.

If you decide to do a BEng you probably would not be able to move on to the MEng for the fourth year because the structure of the 3rd year will have been different. You would however be able to do a different MSc course at Imperial or elsewhere as long as you did well in the BEng. Since you are an international student the costs will be pretty much the same to you whatever you do.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending