The Student Room Group

UCL vs Imperial for medicine

I’m thinking of applying to either UCL or Imperial for my final choice for medicine this year, but have heard a lot of differing opinions. I’m not so worried about the course, since both are obviously very good universities with great courses, but in terms of the campus, the location, the commutability/accessibility and social life I would like to know more…
What are your other 3 choices?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What are your other 3 choices?

Oxford, Kings and Birmingham, although I'm not hundred percent sure about Birmingham.
personally I'd go for UCL over imperial
Reply 4
Original post by marble arch
personally I'd go for UCL over imperial

Ok, but why?
Reply 5
100% imperial med imo
Original post by Raabs_grvs
I’m thinking of applying to either UCL or Imperial for my final choice for medicine this year, but have heard a lot of differing opinions. I’m not so worried about the course, since both are obviously very good universities with great courses, but in terms of the campus, the location, the commutability/accessibility and social life I would like to know more…

I'm at Imperial but not med. All the people I know on med are super chill generally, social life wise I think med is quite good. I was also split between UCL and Imperial; I'd say either way you'll have a good time: being in London is sick, Imperial is definitely hard work . Socially it wasn't really handed to me on a plate as I'd hoped; I had to hunt for people I gelled with - ie more creative / artsy people - but you'll definitely find your people might just take a bit more searching than other universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending