The Student Room Group

Libya, another Iraq another lie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by zohaib93
well in this world recession the arab countries haven't had too much of a bad time

You mean the countries that are rising up because of food prices? Rising food prices seems to be the mass catalysis for civil unrest
Reply 261
Original post by Aj12
You mean the countries that are rising up because of food prices? Rising food prices seems to be the mass catalysis for civil unrest

er no, they are rising because the dictators such as mubarak, ben ali, the dictators of bahrain, sauidi, qatar, yemen, are all american puppets.

oil that is';t sold to america and britain can be easily sold to russia, india and china, believe you me there is more demand in china and india then there is supply, the arabs can happily operate, and bring america to its bloody knees at the same time, in a matter of months if not weeks, and you know it.
Reply 262
Original post by robin22391
further on that story, the food crops traveled on the roads by armed guard, children and mothers starved to death with green stains around their mouth by the roadside, they had tried eating grass out of desperation and a last ditch attempt to survive. in scotland the scots were given charity, due to some books about the highlands that drew sympathy on them, and in the rest of the european famine the people were fed. ireland had a surplus crop throughout those years.

britain has some cheek, trying to feign being noble.

1740... totally applicable in the politics of today.

Germany had the nazis, they don't have a right to help anyone ever!
Reply 263
Original post by Hanvyj

probelm with britain and america is they don't give a toss about anything other than seizing oil and any other personal interests such the suez canal antics by the jews and the british, and americas oil antics in iraq
Reply 264
probelm with britain and america is they don't give a toss about anything other than seizing oil and any other personal interests such the suez canal antics by the jews and the british, and americas oil antics in iraq

Why are you telling me? Its doesn't apply to my post at all. My point was you can't decide a country is being hypocritical (and then say it therefore doesn't have a right to do something) because at some point in its history something like that happened. The people who were ruling Britain even 20 years ago have now left office. 50 years ago - many of them are probably not even alive.

Never mentioned anything about their current situation, you just jumped the gun and started spouting cr*p about oil - like you do to every vague opposition to your opinion.
Reply 265
Original post by Hanvyj
Why are you telling me? Its doesn't apply to my post at all. My point was you can't decide a country is being hypocritical (and then say it therefore doesn't have a right to do something) because at some point in its history something like that happened. The people who were ruling Britain even 20 years ago have now left office. 50 years ago - many of them are probably not even alive.

Never mentioned anything about their current situation, you just jumped the gun and started spouting cr*p about oil - like you do to every vague opposition to your opinion.

becuase you are deluded in thinking britain and usa give a toss about 'civilians' in libya or iraq, they are there for one thing, thats their own strategic interests, oil.
Reply 266
er no, they are rising because the dictators such as mubarak, ben ali, the dictators of bahrain, sauidi, qatar, yemen, are all american puppets.

oil that is';t sold to america and britain can be easily sold to russia, india and china, believe you me there is more demand in china and india then there is supply, the arabs can happily operate, and bring america to its bloody knees at the same time, in a matter of months if not weeks, and you know it.

Do some research. Why now? Why not yesterday? Food prices begin to rise coupled with a million other problems and the people rise up.

The fact that these dictators were American puppets has very little to do with why these people are trying to launch revolutions. Its a factor of course but a much smaller one.

Most of Britains oil does not come from the Middle East but from Norway.

America is the biggest economy in the world. Everything that happens to it will have knock on effects. Who do you think buys much of China's products?

No demand no supply
Reply 267
becuase you are deluded in thinking britain and usa give a toss about 'civilians' in libya or iraq, they are there for one thing, thats their own strategic interests, oil.

I never mentioned civilians, or oil or anything to do with that. You brought it up - it has nothing to do with what I said.

You quoted me, implying you were replying (or had something to say relating to) my post. What you said had nothing to do with it.

My post's point:

"You cannot blame the people in a country for something some people from the same country did hundreds of years before they were born"

Your point:

"The west is bad because they create conflict over resources like oil"

Are they related? No.
Reply 268
Original post by Aj12
Do some research. Why now? Why not yesterday? Food prices begin to rise coupled with a million other problems and the people rise up.

The fact that these dictators were American puppets has very little to do with why these people are trying to launch revolutions. Its a factor of course but a much smaller one.

Most of Britains oil does not come from the Middle East but from Norway.

America is the biggest economy in the world. Everything that happens to it will have knock on effects. Who do you think buys much of China's products?

No demand no supply

britain is very silly to follow americas lead in some matters, iraq and libya, but to be fair atleast we don't see disgraceful vetoes by the UK.

even if there is american demand but no arab oil supply, america would see sense very quickly when it has to choose israel or american economy, a few months of hardship could be endured by the arab states should they wish to do so, and mubarak and thr puppets, one by one are being thrown out, and america's games in the middle east are coming to an abrupt end, i think all arab countries should end all diplomatic relations with america anbd end all oil exports to america, then you would not see a single veto to block action against the jewish state.

the oil and gas has been stopped to israel, america better end its jewish dictated games or it could be on the wrong end of an oil embargo.

its happened before, why do you think america were so eager to get the camp david accords signed in the 70s, have you forgotten the four fold oil inflation which occured overnight in the 70s, there is only one language america speaks and understands, that is , oil, stop the oil and the antics will stop.
Reply 269
Original post by Hanvyj
I never mentioned civilians, or oil or anything to do with that. You brought it up - it has nothing to do with what I said.

You quoted me, implying you were replying (or had something to say relating to) my post. What you said had nothing to do with it.

My post's point:

"You cannot blame the people in a country for something some people from the same country did hundreds of years before they were born"

Your point:

"The west is bad because they create conflict over resources like oil"

Are they related? No.

My point is its not 'hundreds of years ago' its now, happening right here right now, today in iraq and libya. Runs in the blood does it?
Reply 270
Original post by Hanvyj

britain is still britain, nazi germany is not the germany of today, for obvious reasons.

there is much more hipocrisy in britain helping out rebels. it is, in-fact, state sponsored terrorism by the definition.
britain is very silly to follow americas lead in some matters, iraq and libya, but to be fair atleast we don't see disgraceful vetoes by the UK.

There is this misconception that the US led the effort to get the mandate into the UN. It was the French and British, not America. America was very reluctant to intervene at-all.
Reply 272
Original post by robin22391
britain is still britain, nazi germany is not the germany of today, for obvious reasons.

there is much more hipocrisy in britain helping out rebels. it is, in-fact, state sponsored terrorism by the definition.

Britain is still Britain... Sooo, it persecutes gay people and denies women rights!

I think it may be a bit hypercritical (is that how you spell it?) but in my opinion it helps the people of Libya, therefore I'm not hugely fused how hypocritical it is.
Reply 273
My point is its not 'hundreds of years ago' its now, happening right here right now, today in iraq and libya. Runs in the blood does it?

No, someone mentioned the potato famine as an example of why Britain is a generally evil and corrupt government. That didn't apply, I never mentioned it was different now, simply that using something that happened before anyone great grandfather was alive as a reason why the country is currently evil (or whatever) is a bit of a stretch.

You quoted my post and said something unrelated to it. Doesn't mean it was or wasn't true - I don't think you are getting what I am trying to say. I'm not saying we are super good people because some time has passed, I am saying you can't say we are "bad" people for something that happened hundreds of years ago. Its a seperate poin... Oh I give up. Just reply with "they are doing it for the oil"
Reply 274
Original post by JonathanNorth
There is this misconception that the US led the effort to get the mandate into the UN. It was the French and British, not America. America was very reluctant to intervene at-all.

infact it only went through becuase of lebanons support, which was vital as they are the sole representative of the arab league in the council at the moment, my point was the pair always are trying to grab oil, reports circulating that british forces have bombed an oil plant in south east libya, and then the world wonders why terror attacks happen, well if certain countries minded their own business and kept their dirty hands of thr arab oil maybe just maybe terrorism mught be less of a problem.

america whinges about terrorism but have they forgotten that they still have not paid the full price of waging illegal wars based on WMD killing over 66 000 civilians in the process. MAercia has this attitude of terror atatcks against american civilains is great injuistice yet they think its fine waging illegal wars in iraq not once but twice and now libya, both who are rich in oil reserves
Reply 275
Original post by Hanvyj
No, someone mentioned the potato famine as an example of why Britain is a generally evil and corrupt government. That didn't apply, I never mentioned it was different now, simply that using something that happened before anyone great grandfather was alive as a reason why the country is currently evil (or whatever) is a bit of a stretch.

You quoted my post and said something unrelated to it. Doesn't mean it was or wasn't true - I don't think you are getting what I am trying to say. I'm not saying we are super good people because some time has passed, I am saying you can't say we are "bad" people for something that happened hundreds of years ago. Its a seperate poin... Oh I give up. Just reply with "they are doing it for the oil"

the point was britain has been upto its antics for a long time, against the rish, arabs, iraqis, the indian subcontinent and now libya. funny you m3tion oil, on the very day britain has bombed an oil plant in libya, its not libyas fault that it has great oil reserves whilst britain does not and has to buy it. why cna't you keep your nose out of teh matters of other countries, go dela with you unruly young generation and dela with yopur own protests and leave other countries to solve their own matters, briatain and america are not god or world police, so don;t act like it, becuase thats the very reason why you are gettign terror attacks, becuase you fail to mind your own business.
Reply 276
Original post by Hanvyj
Britain is still Britain... Sooo, it persecutes gay people and denies women rights!

I think it may be a bit hypercritical (is that how you spell it?) but in my opinion it helps the people of Libya, therefore I'm not hugely fused how hypocritical it is.

rebels and the IRA are the same both rebeling against the regime, if arming the IRA is state supponsored terrorism on libyas behalf then arming rebels of libya is exactly the same, all briatin is after is oil, infact thats what any westren country interfering in arab matters wants.
Reply 277
rebels and the IRA are the same both rebeling against the regime, if arming the IRA is state supponsored terrorism on libyas behalf then arming rebels of libya is exactly the same, all briatin is after is oil, infact thats what any westren country interfering in arab matters wants.

IRA bombs civilians. In general it specifically places bombs in places where it can cause the most civilian deaths.
Reply 278
the point was britain has been upto its antics for a long time, against the rish, arabs, iraqis, the indian subcontinent and now libya. funny you m3tion oil, on the very day britain has bombed an oil plant in libya, its not libyas fault that it has great oil reserves whilst britain does not and has to buy it. why cna't you keep your nose out of teh matters of other countries, go dela with you unruly young generation and dela with yopur own protests and leave other countries to solve their own matters, briatain and america are not god or world police, so don;t act like it, becuase thats the very reason why you are gettign terror attacks, becuase you fail to mind your own business.

that is the only thing you have said in relation to what I said in my original reply you quoted, in 5 posts...

Those who want oil favour stability. Up until the present conflict in Lybia British and other international oil companies were happily doing business with Qaddafi. The LAST thing oil companies want is turmoil brought about by prolonged unrest or civil war.

It is makes much more economic sense to tolerate a strong man leader or a repressive dictator than to bomb your way to cheap oil: how much oil has been exported in the last two weeks? Only 1ship load apparently. Any suggestion, therefore, that this is some sort of conspiracy to steal Lybia's oil is just a tired old cliche.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending