The Student Room Group

Ucas application

i am currently doing my a levels but i had to retake a year in 2021, but changed my a levels so essentially started my current a levels in 2022. when applying through ucas, can i just put that i started my school in 2022, as it is looked down by universities if i put 2021. it shouldnt cause any problems should it?
Original post by theblitzboy
i am currently doing my a levels but i had to retake a year in 2021, but changed my a levels so essentially started my current a levels in 2022. when applying through ucas, can i just put that i started my school in 2022, as it is looked down by universities if i put 2021. it shouldnt cause any problems should it?

You need to put down when you actually started your current school. To put down a false date a year later would be fraudulent, and yes it could have implications later.

If you're worried about unis thinking you spent three years on your current A level subjects, then ask your referee to mention the A level subject switch after your first year in their reference.
Reply 2
You must state the correct dates.
Ask you referee to include a brief explanation about your A level restart.
It’s not looked down upon that you changed subjects and took another year.

You must enter a complete education history. If you lie by omission, you could be removed from the entire application cycle. Don’t mess about and risk it for the sake of something that unis won’t care about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending